PDA

View Full Version : $5 Stars PLO8 sng - when to make a stand?

kurto
09-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Just curious... Its 5 handed in a Stars PLO8 sng. The blinds are $100/$200 and the next blind increase is only minutes away. I have $1100 and I'm in (UTG+1)... looking grim.

There is a very large stack limping every hand and playing the flop agressively. He doesn't call with complete crap but will call nearly any raise with a decent 1 way hand. If he limps, he will nearly almost almost put anyone all in on the flop.

So, to compensate, everyone else is raising PF because its the only way to possibly keep the large stack out.

I had been getting completely unplayable hands... I'm about to hit the blinds again (which, again, are going up soon). I see the best hand I've seen for awhile... A348 (none suited) and I intend to raise to attempt to steal the blinds. The guy before me (similar stack size as me) raises to $600. He is pot comitted.

Do I play this? I only have approx 2 more rotations and I know its harder to get a decent playable... Is this hand, at this point, strong enough to with?

More general- In NLTHE, I have a better idea of what kind of hands are worth making stands with as a shortstack. I can't say I'm as clear in PLO8. 2-3-K-Q? A-4-9-9? 5-6-7-8? (I know their value in a cash game... but not in a tourny with half a table and a shortstack.)

Any tourny O8 tourny players out there?

09-29-2005, 12:53 PM
This forum is almost solely NL hold'em, with a small dabbling of limit SNG's. You're probably better off trying the PLO8 forum.

lorinda
09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
I probably play the A348. The good news is you're going to see all five cards.

I'm far from happy offering advice in plo8, but I do have a positive ROI in the games you are playing.

Edit: When I say play, I mean I push and let the board do it's worst.

Lori

kurto
09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
They only address cash games. They actually told me to post here last time I had a tourny question.

Oluwafemi
09-29-2005, 09:09 PM
i would take a stand with this hand. you're playing PL O8, not PL Omaha High. if this were a PLO SNG, ditch it quick. with O8, you have the benefit of catching the low and you have straight possibilities.