PDA

View Full Version : One from the river bluffraise department.

Entity
09-29-2005, 12:21 PM
BB is 17/10/2. Seems to play good poker in general, but I've found him a bit easy to push around in some instances. Openlimper is a genuinely terrible player.

My turn play may also be circumspect here.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Jeff W
09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
What are you hoping he'll fold? You're not representing anything.

krimson
09-29-2005, 12:31 PM
He's 3-betting against your PFR, so isn't it likely that he has a small-mid PP here? I can't see him folding it and it seems a spew'ey to me.

DMBFan23
09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I'll admit, I had to look it up. "marked by attention to all circumstances, prudent, cautious." maybe you meant 'suspect'. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

but, I have been playing around with turn peels expecting a free showdown x% of the time, as I probably could if he were on a flush draw that missed, or if he has just a 4 he may check. seems like an ok spot for it to me, especially considering you have some outs to boot and the pot is decent.

I haven't played against people who fold this river, so I don't know how often it works. I usually operate under the mike l. principle of no one believes anyone has anything ever so no one folds anything ever. I've started mixing in bluffs when my opponent shows weakness (turn check behinds, river checks, etc) but with this action I can't say I'm too big a fan...he'd have to put you on putting him on 22 to think the river helped you but he was ahead on the turn.

billyjex
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
i dont get this. he most likely has a pair, and he's not folding his full house. are you hoping he can fold a straight here? i still think he'll look you up. I don't think it's worth the investment.

Entity
09-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah, this hand sucks. Thanks guys.

StellarWind
09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
The terrible player protects the pot on the flop. I think this is almost always a real pair. His low VP$IP suggests it's a pocket but that is less certain.

The turn is fine because you have a gutshot to go with your overcards. Otherwise I would probably fold because my overcard outs might be bad for several reasons.

Mathieu
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
I would not raise here as I don't see him folding many hands that beat you other than maybe AhTh, A5, and 65.

I think he would have led the flop with the flopped straights as he would not want to push out utg with a check raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I would fold because, if this player is decent, I expect him to realize that it will be hard to semi-bluff on that hand since any Ax that you might hold could have up to 10 outs in this pot, and I don't think he expects to push you off an overpair. Because of that, if he had a good draw, I would expect him to lead out in order to keep utg in the pot and draw at a cheap price.

I might be over-thinking this tho, so I'll have to read on...