PDA

View Full Version : Thailand?

joecash
09-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Is this a good vactaion place? Isn't it a very poor country? I was talking to a chick from there and she said they treat Americans like kings. Sounded interesting. Anyone been there?

(also, was getting thialand and taiwan mixed up while talking to her. Shes from thailand and I called her taiwanese. Is this offensive?)

jakethebake
09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Talk to KaneKungFu.

LetYouDown
09-29-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(also, was getting thialand and taiwan mixed up while talking to her. Shes from thailand and I called her taiwanese. Is this offensive?)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Not at you calling her Taiwanese, but that you actually asked this question.

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
The gays in the Village tell me they like Bangkok.

mandrAKe
09-29-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

was getting thialand and taiwan mixed up

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you? Did you ever go to school?
Is this a result of the world famous american geography education?

09-29-2005, 11:55 AM
If you are male, it is the #1 place to go in the universe.

KaneKungFu123
09-29-2005, 11:59 AM
not to excuse OP, but in american high school i dont think thailand was ever mentioned at all.

im really bored about talking about thailand. google it.

asofel
09-29-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a good vactaion place? Isn't it a very poor country? I was talking to a chick from there and she said they treat Americans like kings. Sounded interesting. Anyone been there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you honestly unclear as to why she might not like that? What nationality are you?

09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(also, was getting thialand and taiwan mixed up while talking to her. Shes from thailand and I called her taiwanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.elmendorf.af.mil/3wing/units/pa/Sourdough/Sourdough%202003/June/June%2020/Pg3_special_olympics.jpg

GuyOnTilt
09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not to excuse OP, but in american high school i dont think thailand was ever mentioned at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't know, but if this is true it fully reinforces my desire to send my kids (should I have any) to private schools.

GoT

asofel
09-29-2005, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't know, but if this is true it fully reinforces my desire to send my kids (should I have any) to private schools.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...

joecash
09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
seriously, I don't even think of geography as subject in school. I remember doing some type of "find a country" game in about 7th grade, but thats about it. To be honest, I really dont think its a valuable subject to know.

LetYouDown
09-29-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, I don't even think of geography as subject in school. I remember doing some type of "find a country" game in about 7th grade, but thats about it. To be honest, I really dont think its a valuable subject to know.

[/ QUOTE ]
Evidently the same goes for English?

kipin
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I really dont think its a valuable subject to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you could totally grow up and be the president some day.

Flippin' sweet.

09-29-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes this is offensive...you probably just looked like another uneducated stupid american. it's kinda like saying to an asian person, oh you chinese?
since i mean all asian people look the same...

kipin
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's kinda like saying to an asian person, oh you chinese?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try very hard to guess the nationality of Asians but I doubt I am correct more then 50% of the time... Plus I hardly ever actually go up to them and ask them.

GuyOnTilt
09-29-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, I don't even think of geography as subject in school. To be honest, I really dont think its a valuable subject to know.

[/ QUOTE ]
This girl I met at a bar the other night said the EXACT same thing during a conversation. I told her I kind of disagreed because I think knowledge, much like owning a new sports car, is very important, but at the same time I kind of agreed with her because after all who needs to know geography when you have a sweet nav system in your RX8 like I do. She dug me.

GoT

KaneKungFu123
09-30-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's kinda like saying to an asian person, oh you chinese?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try very hard to guess the nationality of Asians but I doubt I am correct more then 50% of the time... Plus I hardly ever actually go up to them and ask them.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you live in asian country its pretty easy.

PITTM
09-30-2005, 02:23 PM
you have a sweet rx8?

rj

FlopComesBricks
09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Been to Thailand lots...

Yeah its poor.. but you're a white (maybe?) rich farang. All non-thai's are farang's which roughly translates to (fat, usually white meat-bag ATM).

Thailand has some of the best scenery and beaches in the world. Plus cheap hookers, booze and drugs.

Koh Phan Ngan for drugs and slutty euro chicks, Phuket and Koh Samui for hookers and beaches.

astroglide
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This girl I met at a bar the other night said the EXACT same thing during a conversation. I told her I kind of disagreed because I think knowledge, much like owning a new sports car, is very important, but at the same time I kind of agreed with her because after all who needs to know geography when you have a sweet nav system in your RX8 like I do. She dug me.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really drive an rx8 i'm even more confused. $50 shirts aren't nice, but sub-30k mazda is sweet?

i'm not digging on the car at all, i just don't see how the two statements are reconciled by the same person.