PDA

View Full Version : SB Special, family pot - what's your plan?

Sam T.
09-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Second hour of Stars $3 rebuy to $500k - we're miles from the money.

Table is eight-handed, Hero is second-biggest stack at the table, and a bit above average for the tournament. Blinds are 100/200.

Hero is in SB with K /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Everyone (and I mean everyone) limps. Hero, getting 15:1 on his call completes, and BB checks.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

What's your line?

Sam

zoobird
09-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Man...tough one. I think I do a pot sized bet to scare away any straight draws. If I'm called or re-raised, I'm really not sure what I do beyond that.

nath
09-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, we need stack sizes (since it's a rebuy I have no idea what 'average' means), but... holy crap.
What to do really depends on what kind of opponents you have. Since they seem to be on the loose side (are they loose post-flop?), I might lead out and expect calls from jacks, gutshots, and small pocket pairs. If they are not loose post-flop I probably check and let other people build the pot first. Also, with eight people there could be genuine concern that the case king is out, so you might be able to get that information without investing more money.

(I kind of winged that one. I really have no idea.)

Sam T.
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Hero checks. My assumption was that something would happen to give me some idea of where I stood. If I got a bet and a big raise, I'd probably give someone credit for the king and let it go.

Checks around to CO, who pots it. I figured this was a small pair, maybe a jack, with the possibility of the case king.

I considered re-raising, to find out if he had the king, but opted for the smooth call. (I was also worried that if the case king had checked as well, my re-raise would be met with a three-bet, and I'd lose more chips when/if I laid it down.)

One very loose player calls, and the rest fold. I put him on a draw of some sort.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Your move, cowboy.

Sam

gobboboy
09-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Lead the turn for 2/3 the pot, gauge the CO's reaction and act accordingly. If he pushes you may have to call. If he makes a big raise I'd think for a while, vomit, and maybe fold.