PDA

View Full Version : Tight play before "in the money"?

09-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Look I did that. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time when there is 4-5 guys left, the blinds become too big and I get eaten up by it. And people with more chips will start pushing me.

So what should I do?

I saw some people they call everything preflop, and their post flop play is ok. Should I change my style?

Nicholasp27
09-29-2005, 09:28 AM
when you have <10bbs, you should be pushing/folding, not raising, as a 3bb raise is >30% of your stack

and u should be pushing first in pot, not calling raises/pushes (except with premium hands)...if u are too tight, then a general guidline is if u have <7.5bbs and are first in the pot and have a decent hand, push...'decent hand' is defined looser the closer u are to sb and tighter the further from sb u get...if u have 4bbs and are in sb and everybody folds to you, push any2...

as for bubble play, there are countless threads on here about it...

go to http://sitngo-analyzer.com/ to purchase the #1 tool for improving your bubble play (and roi)...load your hhs into it and see where u folded +ev pushes...then look at the stack sizes/blinds/calling ranges/positioning/your hand and start to build an instinct for when u should push...it's more often than u think if u are tightening up on the bubble

most people tighten up on the bubble (afraid to finish 4th), so you need to loosen up and take advantage of that if u wanna improve your roi

do a search these boards for ICM and read all u can

then read this board daily, as there are about 100 threads/day on pushing on the bubble...the responses will sometimes say why something is recommended

there are 5 very important things to consider on the bubble

a) blinds
b) stack sizes
c) position
d) opponents (calling ranges, pushing ranges)
e) your cards

if a-d fit certain models, e) is irrelevant
if a-c fit certain models, d/e are irrelevant
if a-b fit certain models, c-e are irrelevant
if a fits certain models, b-e are irrelevant

bawcerelli
09-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Hey Anus, loosen up.

bigt439
09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Aggressive play before "in the money"?

You should be playing the opposite of tight, but I feel like this may mislead you. I wish I could be more help, but you could write multi-volume books on bubble play. Just understand everyone else is trying to sneak into the money so they don't want to be making calls with marginal hands, so you should be pushing with all sorts of them. Calling is generally only good with strong hands.

Nicholasp27
09-29-2005, 03:22 PM
yeah, it's rarely a big mistake to push first in pot on the bubble when u have <10bbs, but it's often a huge mistake to call with even decent holdings

Degen
09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
ffaaaaaaqq

Nicholasp27
09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ffaaaaaaqq you

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Chaostracize
09-29-2005, 03:39 PM
haha