PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote by Margaret Thatcher

MMMMMM
05-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Well I'm away for the weekend so I'll just leave you with this typically clear quote by Margaret Thatcher:

“For years, many governments played down the threats of the Islamic revolution, turned a blind eye to international terrorism and accepted the development of weaponry of mass destruction. Indeed, some politicians were happy to go further, collaborating with the self-proclaimed enemies of the West for their own short-term gain – but enough about the French. So deep had the rot set in that the UN security council was itself paralyzed. Our own Prime Minister was staunch and our forces were superb. But, above all, it is President Bush who deserves the credit for victory...There are too many people who imagine that there is something sophisticated about always believing the best of those who hate your country, and the worst of those who defend it.”

--Margaret Thatcher, May 14, 2003, in New York

A good weekend to all;-)

Chris Alger
05-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Proving once again that Tina is incapable of opening her mouth without letting tumble forth a strong of empty cliches. Anyone can be her scripter, even Peggy Noonan. Like this:

"For years, vascillating self-doubters, exhausted after the collapse of their former greatness, stood by while the King of the Widgets expanded and consolidated his control over the globe, victimizing untold numbers and threatening the freedoms acquired through generations of sacrifice and courage. It took one visionary American with moral clarity and certainty of will to unshackle freedom's might from the self-hating naysayers in order to safeguard all that we hold dear, to crush the spread of Widgitry, and to ensure that we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids," etc. etc.

nicky g
05-16-2003, 05:49 AM
"Indeed, some politicians were happy to go further, collaborating with the self-proclaimed enemies of the West for their own short-term gain – but enough about the French. "

Sure, cos the Americans and British would never have supported Islamic fundamentalists in Afghanistan, or an Iraqi tyrant at the height of his genocidal lunacy (who was British Prime Minister then? I can't seem to remember), to further their own short term interests, would they? Damn those French, how uniquely dastardly they are.

Yus, enjoy the weekend. My home game gets going tomorrow again after a long break, hurrah.

MMMMMM
05-18-2003, 02:45 PM
Rather interesting that some of the folks I think are intelligent you think are stupid, and that some of the folks I think are stupid you think are intelligent.