PDA

View Full Version : TV: My name is Earl week 2

Brainwalter
09-29-2005, 08:58 AM
I was looking forward to the second episode but I missed it. Did anyone see it, was it good? Does it rerun this week anytime?

My outlook for this series after the first show was cautious optimism.

Slow Play Ray
09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
meh.

I was holding out very high hopes for this show, because I think Jason Lee is a f'n riot, but I have to say this episode sucked. I missed the first one, so I have nothing to compare it to.

MrTrik
09-29-2005, 09:17 AM
I thought the first week was great. The second week was funny but not as good as the first. It was funny and I enjoyed it, but there was a dropoff between the two episodes. I'm still in wait and see on this one. I figure I'll either be watching it for good in two weeks or I'll give up on it.

Wes ManTooth
09-29-2005, 09:52 AM
The second episode was not as good as the first but still not too bad. Even if it doesn't turn out to be that great of a show, it is still decent to watch before The Office.

Ulysses
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was holding out very high hopes for this show, because I think Jason Lee is a f'n riot, but I have to say this episode sucked. I missed the first one, so I have nothing to compare it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. The pre-season reviews of this show were talking about it as one of the funniest ever. I happened to catch the second ep and thought it was pretty blah.

Slow Play Ray
09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. The pre-season reviews of this show were talking about it as one of the funniest ever. I happened to catch the second ep and thought it was pretty blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is he attempted to stray from his "typical" character role (i.e. the Banky/Brodie type of guy). Even so, I thought he had potential in this character...I think it's just the writing that's bad.