PDA

View Full Version : Overpair on scary board

The Legend
09-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Here is a hand I had yesterday. My logic on the flop here was with the dangerous draws out there, I'd call the flop and bet a blank on the turn(fold to a turn raise). With the A falling, I figured there is a good chance I'm ahead, enough to be ahead of all draws and jacks. I didn't want to give a free card, so I donk bet. I had yet to have a read on the villian here. On the river, I figure I'm good enough getting 8.75 to 1 due to the villains turn action. How is my line?
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Qs, Qc.
3 folds, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, Button calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8s, 7c, Js (3 players)
MP2 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Ac (2 players)
Hero bets, Button calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Jc (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Piiop
09-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Just 3-bet the flop. The board isn't that scary and once the button raise it's HU. You shouldn't be thinking about folding here, you will have the best hand a ton of the time. 3-bet for value, to charge possible draws, and to avoid giving free cards.

ReadyEddie
09-29-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd call the flop and bet a blank on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is right thinking if the pot was multiway. But since it becomes HU on the flop, the flop 3 bet is the way to go. because you are ahead of the draws, so get those bets in there for value.

The Legend
09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
amen

09-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I also 3-bet the flop and lead the turn. With no reads I would check-call the river. The flop isn't that scary. He is calling two cold preflop so against the average player he probably doesn't have much of a hand at this point. Possibly a flush draw of course. But you're still ahead, so charge him for it.