09-29-2005, 06:31 AM
A hate the chaos theory

-i have cough for 2 weeks
-door left unlocked while i go to the medical center to get drugs
-money + phone charger stolen from room
-my phone = my alarm clock
-phone becomes dead, no more alarm clock until i get a new phone charger
-can't get to best buy until return trip to atlanta home in a week

So, today I'm getting a new alarm clock, because I tried using an internet alarm clock yesterday morning and it failed to wake me up. My roommate usually wakes up around the same time I do, and he woke me up. Except I wasn't awake at all... I talk in my sleep.

This resulted in me being late to a class where attendance is required. Crap! It'll likely hurt my grade...

And so today, I'm presenting a paper in class and the class starts at 9:30. I can't trust my internet alarm clock, and I can't trust my roommate (bc I can't trust myself when im asleep and talking).

So here I am, 6:30 in the morning, and wide awake from an energy drink. Argh.

At least the paper I wrote is good. But I got no sleep. I fear oversleeping in my bed. SOAB.

Eurotrash
09-29-2005, 06:33 AM
gg

tonypaladino
09-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Where are you that you cant buy a charger?

ClaytonN
09-29-2005, 06:39 AM
athens, college town, no car. nearest mall (or sign of society) is long driving distance.

all the stores are family owned, none of which are best-buy/office depot/software etc oriented as far as I know.

for instance, i have not seen a mcdonalds in a month.

tonypaladino
09-29-2005, 06:41 AM
oh well.

gl. hopefully the new alarm will work.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 06:43 AM
They don't have a cell-phone store in a college town?

ClaytonN
09-29-2005, 06:50 AM
they do have them, but you need a car. the main section of the campus and downtown are very different from normal cities.

it's about a ten minute drive down a strip-mall looking highway to the Target and the Walmart and maybe a BestBuy.

if there is one on the campus, I'm unaware of it. I've looked.

billyjex
09-29-2005, 07:07 AM
you don't have any friends with a car? public transportation? people with the same cell phone, thus same charger?

ChipWrecked
09-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Heading down the Atlanta Highway,
Lookin' for the love getaway....

chesspain
09-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Can't one buy a basic alarm clock for like five dollars?

ClaytonN
09-29-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you don't have any friends with a car?[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but none that need to go to Best Buy at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]
public transportation?

[/ QUOTE ]
only goes to outskirts of collegetown-ville. farthest it gets is wal-mart, i think, and they dont have a sprint hub.

[ QUOTE ]
people with the same cell phone, thus same charger?

[/ QUOTE ]

im the only person with a treo.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

im the only person with a treo.

[/ QUOTE ]

And an iPod Mini! omg!

ClaytonN
09-29-2005, 07:14 AM
actually the mini was left behind in atlanta. i'm still waiting for it to get mailed to me.

!!!!!!!

09-29-2005, 10:57 AM
If you are using WindowsXP use scheduled tasks to play a song in the morning. I have my laptop set to play "Broken Wings" by Mister Mister every morning at 7 o'clock. Just before bed time I hibernate my computer and in the morning the scheduled task wakes the computer and plays the song. Thats my alarm clock.

polltard

Shajen
09-29-2005, 11:07 AM
dude, what the hell are you doing out there in Athens with no car?

You know better, young man. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SippinSoma
09-29-2005, 11:44 AM
Might as well get started early on your SNG ADHOC.

MINETZ
09-29-2005, 11:53 AM
pretty sure walmart sells alarm clocks.

irishpint
09-29-2005, 11:57 AM
[censored] dude, you're screwed. i hear each day of class is worth 300% of your grade.

judgesmails
09-29-2005, 11:58 AM
I used to have a very tough time waking up on time even with an alarm.

Similar to you, either the alarm would go or someone would beleive they woke me, and I would actually remain asleep. This resulted in a number of lost jobs and bad grades in my late teens.

I started leaving my shades open and my TV on all night. I eventually slept very lightly and subconsciously learned the TV programs on CNN. I started waking up before the alarm clock and eventually never needed it any longer.

To this day, I do not need an alarm clock to wake up - regardless of the hour or what time I go to bed. I just need to know what time the sun rises and (I have substituted Fox News for CNN - way hotter chicks) what time the cable news starts. My sense of obligation and responsibilty seem to be my alarm these days.

chuddo
09-29-2005, 12:04 PM
why not just download some 'alarm clock' program that can be set to various alarm sounds or to play mp3's on your computer a certain time?

you can just turn the volume full blast on you or your roommates and there you have it.

beats being a drama queen.

irishpint
09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
my girlfriend had class an hour before me last year. about once a week she would wake me up via blowjob. now that is an alarm. however, i usually fall back asleep after and sleep through class. but it's always an option.

boedeker
09-29-2005, 12:51 PM
dude quit being a moron. you can easily walk down town and buy an alarm clock if not a charger.

i havnt lived in athens for [censored] 4 years and could name 4 places.

not to mention if youre really lazy and dont want to get up from your 15/30 action, go to the bookstore. i bet they have one.

kipin
09-29-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they do have them, but you need a car. the main section of the campus and downtown are very different from normal cities.

it's about a ten minute drive down a strip-mall looking highway to the Target and the Walmart and maybe a BestBuy.

if there is one on the campus, I'm unaware of it. I've looked.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no friends with cars? There is no bus, there is no bike service?

This sounds like a lame excuse.

istewart
09-29-2005, 01:00 PM
Don't they still have slavery in Georgia? Maybe you could, you know, buy one to help you wake up.

spamuell
09-29-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Similar to you, either the alarm would go or someone would beleive they woke me, and I would actually remain asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this too, it's incredibly annoying. Frequently I'll wake up naturally up to 12 hours later than when I asked someone to wake me and I'll be like wtf and they always say that they woke me and I told them to go away and I wanted to sleep, but I have no recollection of this happening at all.

ClaytonN, my advice is get much too drunk the night before you want to wake up, you're almost guaranteed to wake up in the morning so you can throw up.

bravos1
09-29-2005, 01:06 PM
simple.. if it is important to you, go to the bookstore or get you ass on a bus.

If it's not, quite your girly bitching

miajag81
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at college.

irishpint
09-29-2005, 02:23 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

totally, who leaves their dorm to buy drugs? that's where the dealas is at, yo.

You suck at college.

[/ QUOTE ]