PDA

View Full Version : KQ Hits Top Trips on Super Scary Board

Moozh
09-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Villian here is fairly tight (16/12 but only 24 hands). Did I go too far? Does my river play suck?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

09-29-2005, 02:46 AM
You bet the river in hopes that he folds right? With the amount of strength he showed up till then, his fold equity seems fairly low. Does anyone else check-call the river?

09-29-2005, 04:55 AM
I check call or check fold depending on the opponent.

Drontier
09-29-2005, 04:58 AM
why would you bet this river? If you felt you were ahead on the turn you would have capped. The only hands that beat you on the turn are AQ, a straight, a flsuh, and a boat. You know push with a straight and beat the rare AQ. Why are you betting?

Moozh
09-29-2005, 04:59 AM
I agree the river bet was stupid. I saw the flush and automatically thought 'Clarkmeister'. Unfortunately this is a horrible spot for it.

Assuming I don't bet the river, do you guys prefer check/call or check/fold?

Drontier
09-29-2005, 05:02 AM
if hes smart, check fold. any hand that you beat that he 3 bets the turn with he checks behind here on the river. if hes some weird aggro moron call. but i think against this guys stats its a check/fold. it hurts to lay this down i know. but u gotta save those bets,

09-29-2005, 06:25 AM
I like Check/Fold. Of course this is a very scary board and people like to bluff situations like this. But, with the action that he's given you, you don't really stand a chance. He raised every chance he could get even when you check raised the turn. He never called you once, every move he made was a raise. You've got the guy pegged as conservative, so you're probably crushed. It's very difficult to throw away trips but here's a case where you must.

09-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Wait, you don't have trips. The river gave you the king high straight. I change my response to check/call and hope for a split pot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooks
09-29-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check/call

[/ QUOTE ]

09-29-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, you don't have trips. The river gave you the king high straight. I change my response to check/call and hope for a split pot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Split pot????

After the action on the previous streets you've got a better chance of him misclicking than splitting the pot. Check/fold the river. You are good like 1 in every.....nope, you're never good here.