PDA

View Full Version : River decision (Deep stacked)

Slappz
09-29-2005, 01:36 AM
2 Big stacks at the table, unfortunately i havent been watching him play much.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($431)
Button ($1167)
Hero ($1260.60)
BB ($186)
UTG ($374.80)
MP ($114.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $18</font>, Hero (poster) calls $16, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($40) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $35</font>, Hero calls $35.

Turn: ($110) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $75</font>, Button calls $75.

River: ($260) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $150</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $500</font>

I couldnt put him on a hand very easily, and i think the likelihood of him having a straight is slim but my river bet was weak opening the door to a bluff.

xorbie
09-29-2005, 01:52 AM
Check raise flop or more on turn.

Big_Jim
09-29-2005, 05:09 AM
This seems like a decent flop for a smooth call, but yeah, bet more on the turn, like full pot.

As it is, I think you have to call, mostly because of this:
[ QUOTE ]
my river bet was weak opening the door to a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like a check/call on the river here. Villian's flat call on the turn could easily be either one of the draws.

jrforman
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Besides having no reads, you haven't gotten any real information out of villain with the line you took. Yea you should have probably potted the turn, but in reality if he has a draw and is willing to call 75, he will call 110, so dont worry too much about that. Anyways, I think you should lay down this hand. I am sure villain hasn't gotten out of line and most likely does not want to put serious money in a pot with the other big stack unless he has the goods. He most likely hit a draw, AQ of spades for instance. Fold and move on to next hand.

Raven
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
When there are flush and straight possibility and your opponent have demonstrated strenght in the hand, do you raise two pair on the river, and do you ever bluff in that spot ? Not much I think. Even if this is possible, I think that his range of hands make it a fold.

Slappz
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides having no reads, you haven't gotten any real information out of villain with the line you took. Yea you should have probably potted the turn, but in reality if he has a draw and is willing to call 75, he will call 110, so dont worry too much about that. Anyways, I think you should lay down this hand. I am sure villain hasn't gotten out of line and most likely does not want to put serious money in a pot with the other big stack unless he has the goods. He most likely hit a draw, AQ of spades for instance. Fold and move on to next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put out 75 because i put him on a King from the flop and theres no way he woulda called 110 on the turn with just a king, that was also why i put in such a weak bet on the river. Obviously that all backfired.

jrforman
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
I really happen to like your line of betting because potting every street makes its very expensive to bluff in this game if you don't want to get figured out. The hand just got away from you with how it played out. It didn't cost you too much so don't sweat it too much. You will get him next time.

JKratzer
09-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Check raise flop. Check/call a small river bet. As is, fold to the raise.