PDA

View Full Version : Aces up pair on board getting raised

DrewOnTilt
09-29-2005, 12:42 AM
I have no read on CO but he has apparently been talking a lot of smack in the chat window, with other players responding with the standard "how can you call a raise with that crap" chat. According to chat he is a loosey goosey, but I can't confirm this read since I just took the seat.

UTG is a major calling station and might as well not be in the pot.

I need a better line. Who can get away from this hand against an unknown?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

thesharpie
09-29-2005, 01:29 AM
I play it the same. UTG being in there makes it an easier calldown, but I'd call it down even if he wasn't.

09-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Looks good to me. I think you can basically never fold this. I saw someone play AQ the same way tonight.

SackUp
09-29-2005, 01:55 AM
I'd have a hard time laying this down against the most passive of players.

turbulence
09-29-2005, 03:46 AM
UTG looks like he's just providing dead money with a lower ace or pocket pair or something so I wouldn't be too worried about him. I think I might 3-bet the turn as CO could be raising with all sorts of things with UTG left to act. Am I wrong here?

PatJ
09-29-2005, 06:29 AM
There's always the possibility that the second 4 killed your hand but i'd still be happy to see it. I couldn't lay it down and i'd be thinking of ways to convince myself he has A2 and got turned, or A rag and is no longer worried about his kicker. That said, calling down is probably best without evidence of villain being crazy aggressive.