PDA

View Full Version : AJo in the CO with limpers

jskills
09-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Table is pretty loose / weak. People open limping with all kinds of garbage hands. There's a TAG wannabe to my left and a LAG to my right. No one else is aggro. LAG has taken to capping flops in multiway pots a couple of times. He's also raised the flop and turn and bet the river into a PF raiser on an ace high flop where he shows down A7o and loses to AK.

LAG is MP2.
UTG+1 is loose passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Anyone just limp here?

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds.

Have to bet after raising PF and checked to?

Turn: (10.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero ?.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

Comments on any street (including preflop) are welcome.

A_C_Slater
09-29-2005, 12:52 AM
I don't think you have to bet the flop when it's that coordinated with that many players. The only good reason to bet that flop is to buy the button and even that might not work. Overcards and draws are peeling.

KDawgCometh
09-29-2005, 12:53 AM
i'm limping PF. I hate bloating the pot with this many people and this hand.

flop, personally I'd lead towards checking and calling. that's a really coordinated board and I really don't think that we are folding enough players to clean up any outs. THe pot is so big that you have to call the CR.

I play the river the same. I'm not even thinking of capping it after getting three bet on a 4 flush board and you having the nut flush, what else could you be raising with there. Call and hope they got overaggro with the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

A_C_Slater
09-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Yeah limping preflop is good. AJo is terrible multitway. I would also limp KQo and AQo in this situation.

09-29-2005, 12:59 AM
TERRIBLY PLAYED, JUST TERRIBLE. WHAT THE HELLS THE MATTER WITH YOU, RAISING THAT TRASH PREFLOP. AND THEN THAT FLOP, HOW CAN YOU BET THAT? HE OBVIOUSLY HAS YOU DRAWING DEAD, YOU NEED TO CHECK/FOLD THAT FLOP IMMEDIATELY. YOUR POT-ODDS ARE ALSO VERY BAD. TERRIBLE PLAY, YOU PROBABLY LOST TO HIS STRAIGHT FLUSH ON THE RIVER.

jskills
09-29-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah limping preflop is good. AJo is terrible multitway. I would also limp KQo and AQo in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kind of thinking this afterwards. I don't think too much about PF situations too much anymore, but this was definitely a mistake to raise here.

jskills
09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I play the river the same. I'm not even thinking of capping it after getting three bet on a 4 flush board and you having the nut flush, what else could you be raising with there. Call and hope they got overaggro with the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I guess with the river hitting me like that vs. a guy I have seen taking so many hands way too far, I really wanted to cap for the sake of greed/value. Vs any other kind of player of course I take getting 3-bet much more seriously and just call.

SinCityGuy
09-29-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 5 players on a 765 flop? I surely hope you're joking here.

jskills
09-29-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against 5 players on a 765 flop? I surely hope you're joking here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right of course.

This table had me thinking a bit differently.

thesharpie
09-29-2005, 01:23 AM
I like the PF raise if they truly are limping with crap. I might just limp if doing so means the LAG is very likely to lead the flop allowing me to raise if I hit. I check the flop, and I cap the river, this dude is a LAG.

MyTurn2Raise
09-29-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table is pretty loose / weak. People open limping with all kinds of garbage hands. There's a TAG wannabe to my left and a LAG to my right. No one else is aggro. LAG has taken to capping flops in multiway pots a couple of times. He's also raised the flop and turn and bet the river into a PF raiser on an ace high flop where he shows down A7o and loses to AK.

LAG is MP2.
UTG+1 is loose passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Anyone just limp here?

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here....are you serious?
You don't have to follow through! The 5-6-7 coordination surely hit one of the 5 brazilian pre-flop callers. I check/call on the flop. If i don't catch an ace or club on the turn, I'm out.

MyTurn2Raise
09-29-2005, 04:04 AM
Oh yeah...I don't mind the pre-flop raise so much. I'd probably do it too as long as there wasn't rocks limping in front of me. I like the potential of securing the button and having everyone check to me on the flop, which is what happened here.

I always try to remember that raising with AJo in a 6-way pot is not the same as AA in a 3-way one. The flop has to hit my marginal raising hand for my pre-flop edge to be a post-flop edge. It didn't in this case. Your edge is gone with a flop that co-ordinated and 5 opponents.

Matt Jenko
09-29-2005, 06:44 AM
I wonder what the record for most people ignoring a member is?

Fnord
09-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Pre-flop I could go either way. It depends on how tight the button is and how aggro the blinds are plus all sorts of other things I pretend matter.

Betting this flop in a B&amp;M game is bad. Betting it in a check/raise happy online game is taking money and setting it on fire. From there the hand plays itself.

Redd
09-29-2005, 10:00 AM
We know this guy is a LAG who doesn't understand domination. There's several strong hands he could be getting kooky with here, including him just having a lower flush. You don't think we're best half of the time on the river?