PDA

View Full Version : river line vs an unknown?

joker122
09-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bet/calls? checkraises? bet/folds?

09-29-2005, 12:00 AM
i'd just bet here.

that's a scary enough card that lots of crap pairs will check behind but you will still get calls from if you bet. i think NLSoldier made a post on one of Pbob's sexy and how it's a bad idea on a rivered Ace.

i'm calling a raise here, it's close but i think you'll see a random bluff once in 11.5 times to show a profit off the call.

Lmn55d
09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
I bet/call. Bet/fold might have a higher EV but I am too much of a puss. I'm pretty sure both bet/call and bet/fold have higher EVs than anything beginning with a check though.

09-29-2005, 02:58 AM
It doesnt look like he has a flush, since he raised the flop to knock people out of the flop. This is assuming he has some measure of competency though.

Also, he probably doesnt think you had a flush either. Since if you did have a flush draw, you likely would have waited for him to bet, then trapped the field with a raise for value.

I think your ace beats his jack or nine. You should probably bet/call the river.