PDA

View Full Version : 4-tabling easier than 3-tabling?

ebaudry
09-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I just started 4-tabling, and I have to say that I am finding it easier than 3-tabling. Could be I'm having more fun b/c of less downtime. Might be that I know I am making more money. So far the shorthanded hectic-ness hasn't been any worse than at 3-tables.

What do you think? Is 4-tabling easier than 3-tabling for you?

TheNoodleMan
09-28-2005, 11:13 PM
I voted yes but only because palying 3 tables leaves an inviting bit of unused space on the screen that always becomes some kind of web based distraction.

09-28-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I voted yes but only because palying 3 tables leaves an inviting bit of unused space on the screen that always becomes some kind of web based distraction.

[/ QUOTE ]
+1

swiftrhett
09-28-2005, 11:56 PM
I never 3 tabled, but I do better 8 tabling than 4 tabling unless I turn my second monitor off, for basically the distraction reason as well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
+1

[/ QUOTE ]

runner4life7
09-29-2005, 12:14 AM
no because i get distracted either way.

pergesu
09-29-2005, 12:15 AM
What's easier?

I can 4-table more easily cause I don't get bored. Just like I can 8-table more easily than 4-table.

But if I devoted all of my attention to all the tables in play, then 3-tabling would be much easier than 4-tabling. Duh.

So what do you mean?

tshort
09-29-2005, 12:18 AM
4 tabling is harder than 3 tabling, but 8 tabling is easier than 4 tabling. 7 is harder than 8.

ebaudry
09-29-2005, 01:09 AM
"I can 4-table more easily cause I don't get bored. Just like I can 8-table more easily than 4-table.

But if I devoted all of my attention to all the tables in play, then 3-tabling would be much easier than 4-tabling. Duh.

So what do you mean? "

I guess i meant 'easier to make money'. So the concentration definitely plays into it. Having my entire monitor covered adds to the 'cockpit' feeling, leading to an increased sense of being a bad ass /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Also I get somewhat bored when its down to 1 or 2 tables sometimes, so its sweet that now I am generally shorthand, late in the game more often when that happens. This is good for my game too since late game decisions are plenty "entertaining".

I guess this poll came from me realizing that I am going to move up to 6 or 8 tabling very soon and my results are probably not going to decrease much. Kallooo-Kalllay! (sp?)

RikaKazak
09-29-2005, 01:12 AM
7 is my fav, cause then I can have one little area open (2001 FPS (two of them)) for AIM and MSN

axeshigh
09-29-2005, 03:01 AM
I 8-table and I keep getting distracted. I don't know how I ever managed to play 1 table while thinking I was doing something interesting making 2$ an hour.

splashpot
09-29-2005, 03:14 AM
4 tabling is easier than 6 tabling. But 6 tabling is harder than 7 tabling. 3.5 tabling is the easiest, while -2 tabling can cause headaches. If you try 2 tabling while 3 tabling, you should try 5 tabling because it's essentially the same. I always have -ROI when I play the square root of 7 tables.

axeshigh
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4 tabling is easier than 6 tabling. But 6 tabling is harder than 7 tabling. 3.5 tabling is the easiest, while -2 tabling can cause headaches. If you try 2 tabling while 3 tabling, you should try 5 tabling because it's essentially the same. I always have -ROI when I play the square root of 7 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

your sample is too small. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

The Yugoslavian
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
I've decided that your IQ is also significantly lower than 130.

That is all.

Yugoslav

ebaudry
09-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Thanks Yugo, that means a lot to me. I have been trying really hard recently to not be so damn smart, I'm glad its working.

"Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a q-tip."

P.S. Did you get to have so many posts by putting 7 flames in the OT: IQ test post? And I so am smarter than roland32, I know to not buy "smart club" memberships, but that's actually not b/c I'm smarter, it's cuz I like getting laid. Much Respect, Boyakasha!

pergesu
09-29-2005, 03:59 AM
Being smart gets you laid.

Seriously. I had this chick tonight go "I think you turn me on so much because your brain stimulates my brain"

Uh...whatever works

RikaKazak
09-29-2005, 04:10 AM
bottom line, laid is cool, head RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raptor517
09-29-2005, 02:27 PM
how come this thread hasnt been locked yet? what a waste of space. holla

ebaudry
09-30-2005, 12:24 AM
Yeah, its a bit of a weird idea.

But isn't it interesting that 1/4th of those who voted so far think 4-tabling is easier? Maybe there's a type of poker player among us that deals better with more and more stimulus.

I have to throw my perspective in too, especially as a newbie. It brings a smile to my face all day long that I was 2-tabling two months ago, and next month I will be playing 6 or 8 tables. I liked how much money I was making before /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I am now finding that I will likely make 3-4 times as much money as before, but presumably will have more fun doing it /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Yugoslavian
09-30-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, its a bit of a weird idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, weird and really really dumb aren't the same thing.

You're getting a bit confused here.

Yugoslav

09-30-2005, 12:44 AM
^^^^^^
should be renamed forum ***hole.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif