PDA

View Full Version : K9s, big pot

Trix
09-28-2005, 10:40 PM
CO is lag and bad, stats were probably something like 50/25.
MP was loose and passive mostly. like 50 vpip.
BB was loose-passive aswell.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (14 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

27offsooot
09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Every street seems pretty debateble.
Given the read, PF seems fine

Flop:
bet-call or check call both are good on the flop. If u didn't have the nut flush draw and/or the field was decent, i would lean more toward c/c, but here i think b/c is slightly better. But i think it's very marginal.

Turn:
I don't like the turn bet as i don't think u're ahead after everybody calls the flop. Also, u may have up to 14 outs, making this a marginal value bet, but with some of your outs being questionable, and the likelihood that at least one player drops out, i don't think this is for value. Prefer c/c.

River:
After LP MP raises the turn, do u think that the 9 really helped u out? Given how dangerous that board is and the fact that MP raised despite this and the PFR, i don't think middle pair is worth two bets on the river. But i don't fold, so i c/c. If only one bet went in on the turn, then i think b/c is good on the river.

TStoneMBD
09-29-2005, 12:24 AM
i like to lead the flop here, but checkcalling is ok too. the nice thing about leading the flop is that it really says "hey i have an ace" so you pick up alot of fold equity from smaller pairs with a turn follow through bet or right on the flop.

after the king brings the turn i really dont like the donkbet. you cant fold to a raise and all you are really doing is paying 2 bets to catch a river. you have no fold equity with a bet, so all that its really for is value and your value on that bet should be negative, not positive as someone will have an ace or better more often than not.

Trix
09-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Thought the turnbet would give me enough info to fold the river if I got raised. Otherwise I think I probably have to showdown my K or ?

I agree that the riverbet was kinda stupid as MP is pretty much garantied to bet again and I cant fold to a raise.

Dont think betting would give me much folding equity, but perhaps I should have done it for value anyway.

Victor
09-29-2005, 06:34 PM
i dont like the turn. your hand is not likely best here so betting into 3 players with an ace on board seems dangerous.

marsvolta619
09-29-2005, 07:30 PM
A loose-passive player is not loose passing along. Most likely on the turn you were dead to your flush outs and that 9 only cost you more money. I would get to showdown as cheap as possible