PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 6m jason_t v. B Dids

jason_t
09-28-2005, 10:32 PM
B Dids is the SB and I just posted my first BB at the table. We've played together before but don't have much of a history. He's know my playing style though and I know his.

The whole table limps and B Dids completes his SB. I check my option in the BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
B Dids bets, I call, all the limpers fold but the Button who calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif
B Dids bets, I call and the Button calls.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif
B Dids bets, I call and the Button folds.

B Dids
09-28-2005, 10:39 PM
FWIW vs this lineup I think jason played it well. Overcalls are good. All he knows about the table IIRC, is "they all suck".

hobbsmann
09-28-2005, 10:49 PM
I raise the flop. If these guys are bad like most 3/6 6max players are they are calling two on the flop with the same frequency as one bet and I think it will define your hand less than a raise on a big street. As played I don't Dids pays off a big street raise from you so going for overcalls is good.

W. Deranged
09-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Jason,

The turn troubles me. It seems quite dangerous to go for overcalls in this situation, when you might get overcalled by a player with a weak /images/graemlins/club.gif and get nailed on the river. If he really sucks, he might put in two bets on the turn with such a draw heavy board anyway, and I'm fine with that.

So I'm raising the turn.

W. Deranged
09-28-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop. If these guys are bad like most 3/6 6max players are they are calling two on the flop with the same frequency as one bet and I think it will define your hand less than a raise on a big street. As played I don't Dids pays off a big street raise from you so going for overcalls is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the river call is good. I think calling the flop with the intent of raising the turn is fine, though Hobb's idea that you might get a bit more out of the fish on average by raising now might be good. The thing to realize there, though, is that forcing him out now is a big loss, and so there's a kind of risk involved with encouraging him to call two cold on the flop.

B Dids
09-28-2005, 10:52 PM
What am I betting on the turn that Jason really wants to raise?

W. Deranged
09-28-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What am I betting on the turn that Jason really wants to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much any hand with a 9... and now some hands with a T. JT for example, would be possible. These types of hands has to make up at least some reasonable portion of hands you'll have, in addition to the flushes and hands with the case Q.

You'd continue to bet a good 9, right?

B Dids
09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm whiting my response in case people want to avoid it so as to not color their view of the hand.

<font color="white">
With the two specific callers, it's iffy. I would have a hard time putting jason on a hand I'm beating. I'm not sure if Jason knows that and given that he thinks I'm pretty aggro he probably thinks I can. </font>

jason_t
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
It's not two typical donks calling him on the flop. I'm one of the callers and that changes a lot of things.

B Dids
09-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Please refer to jason's location for results.

Anybody do anything different if you're me?

SinCityGuy
09-29-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. There's no need to slowplay trips against 5 opponents with a flush and straight draw on the flop.

kidcolin
09-29-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, well played, sir.

Though I guess a sexy is possible.. I don't know if jason would pay it off, though.

Klepton
09-29-2005, 04:30 AM
meh

kurosh
09-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Dids has you beat or is splitting on the turn, I am sure of that. I don't want button coming along with a naked club or J, so I raise the turn. I check behind on the river unless I hit a 3. If 3-bet on the turn, I think a fold on the river is correct UI. But that would depend on if dids would 3-bet without a flush or boat there.

TStoneMBD
09-29-2005, 05:01 AM
well played. you dont need to worry so much about others taking 1 off with a gutshot as they have just enough odds to catch but not when you factor that you will fill up a quarter of the time. you make more money by then calling drawing dead or to runner runner anyhow.

Lmn55d
09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I think you definitely should raise the flop for value, not protection. People will call 2 with flush draws, straight draws, a 9, and a gutshot. Plus other hand too probably.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, well played, sir.

Though I guess a sexy is possible.. I don't know if jason would pay it off, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I would not pay off. I also might not bet it.

B Dids
09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I utterly do not trust jason to bet here. When he called and I was waiting for the last to act, I honestly had no idea what he had. I had a hard time putting him on a queen, but also couldn't see a hand that beat me from him.