PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke?

SoloAJ
09-28-2005, 09:45 PM
They can't be serious can they?
Want for Equality out of hand? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2174828)

"Critics say the use of pink demeans women, perpetuates offensive stereotypes about women and homosexuality, and puts the university in the uncomfortable position of tacitly supporting those messages."

Discuss.

09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I saw a cable news story about that tonight. I discount it as more PC Liberal Weenies whining about absolutely nothing of any freakin' importance. These are the same "types" who don't want kids to keep score in Little League baseball, because "Everyone should feel like they've won by participating." I could go on and on and on but I'm starting to feel my blood pressure go up and this is heading toward a Political Forum post. (mine, not yours)

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

09-28-2005, 10:03 PM
i dont know what to say

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Oh, I care.

Damn Liberals. They run this [censored] country.

09-28-2005, 10:15 PM
These are the same whiny bitch type of people that complain about the Utah Utes or Florida Seminoles having an Indian mascot, not because they are Indian, but rather they want to bitch about something that has no effect on their lives at all.

jesusarenque
09-28-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These are the same whiny bitch type of people that complain about gay marriage. They want to bitch about something that has no effect on their lives at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Its marriage man! Don't you understand, we have to defend this institution! I mean, look at Massachusetts, have you seen their divorce rate! Think there's no connection?

HopeydaFish
09-28-2005, 10:22 PM
If you want to be upset about anything, be upset that the media is choosing to report this garbage. There will always be lefty weirdos out there upset about anything and everything...the trick is ignoring them.

bwana devil
09-28-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to be upset about anything, be upset that the media is choosing to report this garbage. There will always be lefty weirdos out there upset about anything and everything...the trick is ignoring them.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean even cnn.com has trolls??? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SoloAJ
09-28-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say I'm upset. I'm just befuddled. It isn't like Iowa put that color in their locker room to bash women or homosexuals. They put it in there because there is some scientific stuff that says pink passifies a person or something.
This locker room has NOTHING to do with their complaint. What is next? They can't have black walls because it is offense to african-americans that dont play football?

09-28-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...They can't have black walls because it is offense to african-americans that dont play football?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, great! Now you've gone and given "them" another Cause! You dumbass. Quit helpin' the ACLU!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheIrishThug
09-28-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I care.

Damn Liberals. They run this [censored] country.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u buy a copy of Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed! (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0976726904/qid=1127962148/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2347302-0980801?v=glance&s=books) for ur kids?

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 10:55 PM
The ACLU will never be the organization suing over the color of the walls.

You really aren't too bright. You seem to have forgotten that wacko conservatives actually like the ACLU, because of a little thing called Civil Liberties. Funnily enough, its in the ACLU's name. You ought to look up those "wacky" Civil Liberties, and then spout off more rhetoric that falls somewhere between's Rush's phlegm and the crusted cum on Ann Coulter's lips.

rusellmj
09-28-2005, 10:55 PM
"The tradition was started by former Iowa coach Hayden Fry, a psychology major who said pink had a calming and passive effect on people."

I've heard of holding cells painted pink for this reason.

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 10:57 PM
"As part of the stadium's two-year, $88 million makeover, athletic officials took the former coach's interior decorating ideas to another level, splashing pink across the brick walls, shower floors and installing pink metal lockers, carpeting, sinks, showers and urinals."

They seem really calm now.

masse75
09-28-2005, 10:58 PM
They should put up some pictures of hairy, beefy guys with huge schlongs. That would get rid of the "feminine" aspect.

Won't get rid of the 'gay' aspect, but it's a start.

09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The ACLU will never be the organization suing over the color of the walls.

You really aren't too bright. You seem to have forgotten that wacko conservatives actually like the ACLU, because of a little thing called Civil Liberties. Funnily enough, its in the ACLU's name. You ought to look up those "wacky" Civil Liberties, and then spout off more rhetoric that falls somewhere between's Rush's phlegm and the crusted cum on Ann Coulter's lips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell hath no fury like that of a Liberal scorned. Or criticized for a wacko idea.

I got tired of Rush a long, long time ago. Ann and Michelle M., at times frighten me. Try and imagine their ultra-right wing ideas, coupled with a case of PMS. Now that's SCARY!

I remember the original causes/cases the American Civil Liberties Union took on. I was usually 100% on their side. Somewhere along the way, I think, they got sidetracked and began to get involved with, to my independent way of thinking for myself, weirdness.

I have sided with (God, forgive me) Ted K. and Al G., on, admittedly, rare occasions. Oh, wait, you did say I wasn't bright, didn't you? Hmmmmmm. Maybe you're right.

My reference to the ACLU was, well you should be able to figure it out. I mean, you can use such words as "funnily, rhetoric, phlegm" and (oh, I especially like this coupling) "crusted cum."

In closing, if you'd care to send me your bank account info, I'll transfer $0.25 so you'll have the price of a phone call to someone who gives a rat's ass about your lame tirade.

Ya'll have a nice day now, ya heah?

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Actually, one of the beautiful things about post-structuralist thought is it allows for potentials beyond the liberal quagmire.

I've escaped my Hegelian nightmare, you just keep right on occupying yours---"Liberal" converatism, castigating conversative "Liberals."

09-28-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, one of the beautiful things about post-structuralist thought is it allows for potentials beyond the liberal quagmire.

I've escaped my Hegelian nightmare, you just keep right on occupying yours---"Liberal" converatism, castigating conversative "Liberals."

[/ QUOTE ]

And the purpose of the above is what, to impress me? Oh, golly gee whiz, I sure am impressed! When I grow up I wanna be just like you! You are now my official idol. Did I leave out anything?

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 11:26 PM
inchoate wins.

also, i really doubt that woman was getting death threats, youre a useless boring academic, dont take yourself too seriously. STFU.

jesusarenque
09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I remember the original causes/cases the American Civil Liberties Union took on. I was usually 100% on their side. Somewhere along the way, I think, they got sidetracked and began to get involved with, to my independent way of thinking for myself, weirdness.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major error in the thinking of people who say they don't like the ACLU. The ACLU does not have "causes" other than preserving civil liberties. The ACLU doesn't agree with the positions of many of the people they defend. The ACLU simply makes sure that the Bill of Rights is followed. It's not like they agree with NAMBLA or anything.

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 11:34 PM
No, it was just a tongue-in-cheek snobbish way to say that the Liberal paradigm (not the current political epithet), is not the only standpoint from which to look at the world.

Here, I'll break it down for you.

I'm not a "Liberal" in either the word's more staid definition, nor its weird current American rhetorical bastardization.

This was a silly post, about a silly topic, and people who respond like you did, are being silly.

I think my work here is done, sillyhead.