PDA

View Full Version : Almost on the bubble play. Is it different from bubble play?

lem45216
09-28-2005, 08:49 PM
So today i played 20 $11 sngs and had 327159623952 5th place finishes. It's more than likely variance so meh, these things happen. But it got me thinking about somewhere where there could be a possible leak in my play, and that is when nearly on the bubble i.e. 5 players left. Now it occurred to me earlier that in these situations i play almost identicaly to how i play on the bubble, which is pushing if under 10BB with things such as A6 and the like (i dont have sngpt yet so am obviously sacrificing numerous +EV situations, but ignore that at the mo). So yeah i'm also playing this way when there are 5 left, sometimes i'll only have t600, sometimes i'll have maybe t1200 and sometimes t2500+ but i still use this strategy. Is this the right thing to do generally. Or should we be playing differently from bubble play. Should we be playing tighter, or less aggressively? Generally the blinds are around 50/100 to 100/200 at this level.
Your responses are gratefully apprieciated.
Thanks
-Jaffa-

J-Lo
09-28-2005, 09:01 PM
one thing to remember on prebubble, is that calling ISN'T bad IF it gives u the chiplead...

with the chiplead you can bully people on the bubble, however, if u are given a marginal situation like ATo in BB and SB has been pushing... even if it's slightly -$EV by ICM, call, because u know how to use those xtra chips to get yourself MORE chips later... BUT DO NOT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY 5 HANDED... this is the ONLY thing that's really differnt from 5/6 handed to 4 handed

anyone else hand anything else to say? i'd like to hear thoughts....

lem45216
09-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Cheers thats helpful. And yeah more thoughts are always welcomed. So say with the ATo example, it's alright to risk going out of the tournament in this marginal situation because if you win you'll be able to accumulate a lot more chips on the bubble? Or are we assuming SB has a smaller stack than you, or is that irrelevant here.
Thanks.