PDA

View Full Version : AJs - did i get any street right?

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:04 PM
the only read i have is that UTG seems reasonable for the one hand i played against him prior to this.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (13.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

Stack
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I like it all.

stinkypete
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
looks fine until the river. just call. no better hand is folding, obviously, no non-straight is calling two cold, and you're just costing yourself more against a bigger straight.

Nigel
09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm getting the money in on the flop where I am mostly likely a favorite.

Oh, and I'm with Pete, you could go for the overcall on the river.

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

neither of you raise the flop?

Drontier
09-28-2005, 08:13 PM
I have to cap this flop. You have so many damn outs and you might clean up your gutshot outs too. 18 possible outs. You can probably make 15 pure if you clear some hands out.

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what i didn't want was it folded around to utg and have him 3bet me.

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what i didn't want was it folded around to utg and have him 3bet me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

brazilio
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Since we're freerolling UTG here a lot and perhaps one or more of the other players, should we not raise the turn?

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
what would you rather have? 4 players in when i have a monster draw or me and UTG heads up when i'm likely behind to AA-JJ.

kidcolin
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Exactly. It's doubtful anyone has a 6. AA, AK, etc might cap it. Then if a heart hits you can probably get a raise in there, too.

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what would you rather have? 4 players in when i have a monster draw or me and UTG heads up when i'm likely behind to AA-JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure but I think a lot of overcard/overpair hands might cold-call here and you have tons of equity -- (meaning a lot of hands that call 1 here call 2 and you really have an assload of equity 4 ways)

also i like the river raise given the turn action.

kidcolin
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is the only hand you're behind in that range, and it's not by much. KK-JJ you're a favorite against on that flop. Add in the possibilities of trapping cold-callers, and you've got yourself a nice situation. Raise it up.

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since we're freerolling UTG here a lot and perhaps one or more of the other players, should we not raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think raising the turn is good. and if the other guy has a flush draw i could make him put in 2 bets drawing dead.

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is the only hand you're behind in that range, and it's not by much. KK-JJ you're a favorite against on that flop. Add in the possibilities of trapping cold-callers, and you've got yourself a nice situation. Raise it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm behind to AK/AQ also.

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not, you are actually ahead

(you are ahead of every hand in his range but AA)

joker122
09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

believe it or not, you are actually ahead

(you are ahead of every hand in his range but AA)

[/ QUOTE ]

oops yeah you're right!

me454555
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Raising the flop is key here b/c the pot is big and theres a ton of value in raiseing and putting in as many bets w/a draw this big. The additional opportunity to pick up outs and charge other flushdraws makes raising here a good idea.

I also agree w/others who say raising the turn is good as well. I'd also advocate raising almost any turn b/c folding out other aces is important as it will help you clean up your gutterball outs.

On the river, I think raising is fine b/c you are at worst tied w/UTG and you can't count on button to overcall