PDA

View Full Version : Who is "thetakeover" on Stars (aka winner of 700K guaranteed)

teddyFBI
09-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I know he's always in the biggest limit and NL ring games, but saw he actually pocketed 175G by winning Sunday's Stars 750K guaranteed.

Surely he's a well-known pro...?
Anybody know?

TomHimself
09-28-2005, 07:53 PM
kid from NYC, 21 year old

Roman
09-28-2005, 08:00 PM
His name is Nick, hes no pro. He lives in the city.

09-28-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, he is a pro, just not well known, correct?

TomHimself
09-28-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, he is a pro, just not well known, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]supposedly plays big games in NYC so figure thats his sole income

10-08-2005, 02:21 AM
First off I am a friend of Nick's and he is a pro...online. He is young (21) and wil be hitting the big time stage this year, easily one of the best players in NYC and could be the next best thing. Hopefully you'll see him in WSOP Final table 2006.

tdomeski
10-08-2005, 02:32 AM
His name is Nick, he's 21, lives in NYC. .just starting to play the live tourney scene as he's now 21. Started making pretty major bank playing online for the past 12 months or so in the bigger NL games on Stars/UB and a little bit of limit. His sole income is from poker. That's all I know.

Gigabet
10-08-2005, 06:58 AM
I have never made a post talking about someones capabailities before, so if he reads this, he should feel special. Besides playing him in numerous tournaments, I have also played a session of 5k HU stts with him. He is easily the most difficult person I have ever played against, and I have played everyone.

TomHimself
10-08-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never made a post talking about someones capabailities before, so if he reads this, he should feel special. Besides playing him in numerous tournaments, I have also played a session of 5k HU stts with him. He is easily the most difficult person I have ever played against, and I have played everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]wow

prvt g pyle
10-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Gigabet,

When you say you've played everyone what do you mean? Have you played Greenstein, Ivey, Negreanu, Todd or Doyle?? I have watched Takeover play for a while now, I even saw when he destroyed Neverwin at 100/200 limit for 25K....He is much less "active" than a guy like H@llingol or twin-caracas, and probably less profitable as a result (notwithstanding however those guys blow their money); however, I have noticed his incredible ability to close out other great online players. He is a "PTPer with a capital P." Interesting to see you regard him as more difficult to beat than guys like Mahatma, neverwin, et al. But what I really wanted to know was more specifics on who all you've played to say you've played everyone. Completely understandable if you choose to keep this info private ofcourse. Thanks.

Brad F.
10-10-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who got goosebumps reading this?

Brad

bawcerelli
10-10-2005, 07:36 PM
i got goosebumps after checking out your avatar.

deadlysyns
10-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Is this the same Nick?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=27767

I played with Nick at the 1st Plaza Ultimate Poker Challenge and one of the Bellagio weekly $1000 buyin tourney. He won one of the Bellagio $1k tourneys and one of the Plaza UPC. He made 6 final table appearance at the Plaza UPC.

They nicknamed him Nick "the kid" Bouyea at the Plaza UPC.

ClaytonN
10-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Isnt that our very own NickB?

ClaytonN
10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Actually, yeah, I'm fairly sure that's Nick B

I know his Stars name but I won't divulge, it's tangent to the topic and dunno if he'd want it known. I think so, though.

Exitonly
10-10-2005, 08:17 PM

wouldn't his Stars name be "TheTakeover" like the title says?

TomHimself
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

wouldn't his Stars name be "TheTakeover" like the title says?

[/ QUOTE ]exactly... but im not sure if they r talking about a different NIckB now. because as far as i know thatakeover doesnt post on 2+2

ClaytonN
10-10-2005, 08:22 PM
No.

I was answering the guy who thought that Nick Bouyea or whatever was TheTakeover. I say no, bc Im pretty sure thats a brown trout w/ a diff stars name. It has to do with a certain baseball slugger.

Exitonly
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
ah ok

--

Slugger? the only guy on stars i can remember with a baseball name is BillyRipken..

and he's not exactly a slugger /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10-10-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who got goosebumps reading this?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

YES

A_Junglen
10-10-2005, 08:53 PM
I get goosebumps when its cold. Like this one time it was so cold my fingers froze off. Now masturbating is an adventure.

The Don
10-10-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know why he didn't accept a deal HU in the 700k.

BlackRain
10-10-2005, 09:32 PM
There is another guy on stars named TheT@keover I believe who plays 5/10. Not sure if this is the same guy or adds anything to this but ya heh.