PDA

View Full Version : would you let someone else use your deodorant stick?

bholdr
09-28-2005, 07:41 PM
A freind that i know fairly well was hanging out at my place yesterday and we decide to go to the bar. he asked if i had any colonge that he could use "'cause i haven't showered today and i stink". he did stink pretty bad.

okay... i had no colonge, but i do have a stick of old spice. any reason not to let another man use the deodorant stick?

just gross?
chance of catching something unpleasant?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
09-28-2005, 07:42 PM
thats just gross.

swede123
09-28-2005, 07:44 PM
You're not going to catch anything, but I'd give him the stick and grab a new one for next time you need it.

Swede

Tron
09-28-2005, 07:44 PM
I'd probably let someone do it, because I've done it without asking.

Slacker13
09-28-2005, 07:53 PM
When his back is turned i am throwing it in the garbage.

2+2 wannabe
09-28-2005, 07:56 PM
Who cares - I'd let him use it

I didn't know people still used Old Spice

Crimson
09-28-2005, 08:03 PM
I'd be more inclined to let a friend use it After he took a shower. I'd give it to him, and get another. (Buy some Axe or similar body spray for this situation)

Benal
09-28-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would you let someone else use your deodorant stick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no!

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
i've used at least 4 2+2ers' deoderant without them knowing

imported_anacardo
09-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Yes. Who on God's green earth gives a [censored]. OOT has got to be the biggest collection of Howard Hughes-esque germophobes anywhere.

bravos1
09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
would you let someone else use your deodorant stick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no!

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never played basketball and bumped up against another dude's sweat?

What is the big deal here?

billymonk
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
I would let a friend use a stick of my deoderant any day. I would also use another friends deoderant any day.

09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
I would sell him the stick and never use it again.

jba
09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
this is so easy

he uses the deodarant, you throw it out, he buys you a beer, next question

jba
09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have, and after I did I stank.

Sponger15SB
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait wait? am I one of them? ahhhhh shitttttt I can't use my deoderant until I find out...

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait wait? am I one of them? ahhhhh shitttttt I can't use my deoderant until I find out...

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't consider you a 2+2er.

mmbt0ne
09-28-2005, 08:34 PM
This is ridiculous, it's deodorant, not a toothbrush.

A better question would be razor. Electric? Blade?

Sponger15SB
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't consider you a 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're dead to me.

jba
09-28-2005, 08:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a razor would bother me much less.

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a razor would bother me much less.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you're roomate had HIV?

hint: you can't get HIV from sweat

MightyMouse
09-28-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares - I'd let him use it

I didn't know people still used Old Spice

[/ QUOTE ]

Old spice has been proven to increase SIIHP rates in north america and europe.

shant
09-28-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm positive one is me, and one has to be jason_t.

jason_t
09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm positive one is me, and one has to be jason_t.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of alienating myself, I don't use deoderant.

Klepton
09-28-2005, 11:33 PM
you're forgetting about the time i stayed in new york, vegas, and at the commerce hotel with TT

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
No I wouldn't, and yes I use your deodorant when I run out/you're not looking.

bravos1
09-28-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have, and after I did I stank.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should of borrowed your buddy's deodorant then /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

B Dids
09-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I would prefer if I couldn't, but since there's no good logical reason not to, I would, even though I find it kinda gross for no good reason.

KDawgCometh
09-28-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, why not? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

stanky
09-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Sometimes I'll ask a buddy if I can use his deodorant, if he says yes I'll go into his bathroom and reach in my pants and pull out a handful of curlies and pack them under the cap.

At some point before we head out to the bar I'll say, "Hey man I think you might need a little deodorant yourself." At which point he'll proceed to the bathroom and....well me and the other guys just about die laughing when you hear the "WTF" come from the bathroom.

It really doesn't work any more because all I have to do now is ask, "Can I use your deodorant?" and we'll all just start cracking up. Good times

theben
09-29-2005, 12:04 AM
yes its gross. id just give him the stick and let him keep it. its only 2 bucks down the drain

09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Deoderant, sure.

Toothbrush on the other hand...

peachy
09-29-2005, 12:10 AM
for some odd reason this doesnt bother me...but then again maybe being a girl has something to do with it...dunno

ive let close friends use my toothbrush before too...im just not much of a germ freak though...yes most of u will find that gross!

imported_anacardo
09-29-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for some odd reason this doesnt bother me...but then again maybe being a girl has something to do with it...dunno

ive let close friends use my toothbrush before too...im just not much of a germ freak though...yes most of u will find that gross!

[/ QUOTE ]

At long last... common ground.

Let's join hands, peachy. Unwashed, sweaty, grimy, possibly snotty hands.

theben
09-29-2005, 12:22 AM
both are yuck

theben
09-29-2005, 12:23 AM
razor + pubes + crabs

theben
09-29-2005, 12:23 AM
evil

kurosh
09-29-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd guess either because of the toxicity of it or he doesn't do much physical labor, so he doesn't need it.

BeerMoney
09-29-2005, 12:35 AM
We shared all of the time in HS gym class. Anyone who says not sharing isn't cool is a total pussy.

Johnnyj580
09-29-2005, 02:55 AM
My roomate was using my other roomate's deoderant on a regular basis (even in front of him sometimes). His solution was to just go and buy him a stick when his own ran out. Maybe keep a spare on hand for such an occurance?

John

rodney
09-29-2005, 03:19 AM
old spice sucks!

Reef
09-29-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
old spice sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong!

as for OP, hell no is anyone else using my stick. Possible exception is that they JUST got out of the shower.

tonypaladino
09-29-2005, 03:31 AM
I only use aeresol deodorant, so It wouldn't happen to me.

I don't see much of a problem with it though. If the dude was excessivly sweaty or something, just wipe it off next time you use it.

Just think, would you [censored] his girlfriend if she offered? A lot more bodily fluid being exchanged there.

TONY

-Skeme-
09-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Nope. A friend of mine wanted to the other day, but I said hail no. It's sick.

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shant, marotti, tt, and hoping i'm not the 4th.

fwiw, i'd use someone elses, but someone else using mine is weird to me (unless of course they don't tell me)... i don't get it either.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ex-ex girlfriend did not use deodorant. The soap she used combined with her natural smell was /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I started using her soap from Bath and Body Works and stopped using deodorant and she loved it. Ever since I've been using fragranted soaps (usually) from Bath and Body Works to make myself clean and they leave me smelling fresh all day. Right now, 15 hours after taking a shower this morning I still smell fresh even under my arms. It was 90F here today in Los Angeles.

The soap I am currently using is this one (http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/browse.do?nav_keyword=fragrance.finding_fragrance. moonlight_path2&product_detail_keyword=fbc.pleasur es.creamy_body_wash.moonlight_path) from Bath and Body Works. Its description is

[ QUOTE ]
Lavender. Roses. Violets and Musk. The heady scents of a garden at midnight are blended into a soft and sensual fragrance. Smooth over skin and rinse well. This rich cleanser is infused with concentrated natural moisturizers to leave skin feeling soft and supple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls seriously /images/graemlins/heart.gif this. Everytime since that I've hooked up with a girl, they noticed and it drove them wild.

tonypaladino
09-29-2005, 05:13 AM
In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect for you.

It takes a real man to admit he uses Moonlight Path Creamy Body Wash, even on the internet.

Props

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Agreed.

Also, I can vouch first hand that he in fact does not smell despite his lack of deodorant... even in 110 degree Las Vegas weather.

Wow, I just sounded gay now.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, I have a lot of respect for you.

It takes a real man to admit he uses Moonlight Path Creamy Body Wash, even on the internet.

Props

[/ QUOTE ]

In a sense it's anonymous, but in a sense it's not. 2+2 has become a large community which removes some of the sense of anonymity that comes with the Internet. Not to mention, I've made a bunch of friends through 2+2 that I now know in real life that I see frequently here in Los Angeles, or travel around the country to see a few times a year.

steelcmg
09-29-2005, 07:59 AM
I wouldnt care if one of my friends used it. But we all keep Axe around just for this reason.

Klepton
09-29-2005, 08:05 AM
i'm seriously gonna start taking showers at your house.

judgesmails
09-29-2005, 08:10 AM
Just disgusting. Never, ever, ever. Would you let this guy borrow your underwear and then not wash it before you wearing it? Or even borrow it under any circumstances?

Same thing.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm seriously gonna start taking showers at your house.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can use my toothbrush.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd guess either because of the toxicity of it or he doesn't do much physical labor, so he doesn't need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toxicity?

peachy
09-29-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ex-ex girlfriend did not use deodorant. The soap she used combined with her natural smell was /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I started using her soap from Bath and Body Works and stopped using deodorant and she loved it. Ever since I've been using fragranted soaps (usually) from Bath and Body Works to make myself clean and they leave me smelling fresh all day. Right now, 15 hours after taking a shower this morning I still smell fresh even under my arms. It was 90F here today in Los Angeles.

The soap I am currently using is this one (http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/browse.do?nav_keyword=fragrance.finding_fragrance. moonlight_path2&product_detail_keyword=fbc.pleasur es.creamy_body_wash.moonlight_path) from Bath and Body Works. Its description is

[ QUOTE ]
Lavender. Roses. Violets and Musk. The heady scents of a garden at midnight are blended into a soft and sensual fragrance. Smooth over skin and rinse well. This rich cleanser is infused with concentrated natural moisturizers to leave skin feeling soft and supple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls seriously /images/graemlins/heart.gif this. Everytime since that I've hooked up with a girl, they noticed and it drove them wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

use the sun ripened raspberry its by far the BEST!!! its smell is so awesome

jason_t
09-29-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

use the sun ripened raspberry its by far the BEST!!! its smell is so awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the suggestion; I've always liked the smell of that one but I haven't tried it. I think I haven't tried any of the fruit-scented ones yet except for Coconut Lime Verbena but I've tried all of the floral-scented ones. The Warm Vanilla Sugar one seems to be the favorite among my past lady friends and acquaintances. Maybe they'd like the Black Rasberry Vanilla?

daryn
10-04-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only use aeresol deodorant, so It wouldn't happen to me.

I don't see much of a problem with it though. If the dude was excessivly sweaty or something, just wipe it off next time you use it.

Just think, would you [censored] his girlfriend if she offered? A lot more bodily fluid being exchanged there.

TONY

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa, sweet analogy

theben
10-04-2005, 12:37 AM
bingo