PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed winner this weekend-NFL

BWebb
09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
For a elimation pool, need a guaranteed winner this weekend. This is not a typical survivor, the same team can be picked more than once during the year. Right now I'm leaning towards Cincy at home against the Texans, but for some reason I am unsure. Who would you pick?

kyro
09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Isn't Indy playing Tennessee? I don't think this is the week the Colts choke. Wait til they play the Pats, as usual.

craig r
09-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Why don't you find the biggest home favorite and bet it?.

craig

BWebb
09-28-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically what I did, as Cincy was a 10 point favorite when I last looked. Just wondering if they are the best bet to win straight up this week.

craig r
09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically what I did, as Cincy was a 10 point favorite when I last looked. Just wondering if they are the best bet to win straight up this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if the linesmakers are off on the line, they aren't off by that much. I am not saying I would lay 10 points or take 10 points (of course, I wouldn't ever lay 10 points in the NFL), but you just need to win straight up. And yeah, upsets happen, but this should be the least likely upset.

craig

CD56
09-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I went with cincy in my pool, i also considered tampa at home against detroit

09-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Like Tampa Bay at home, not sold on Cinci D yet.

Jack of Arcades
09-28-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picking off ten passes in two weeks isn't enough?

"After last week's game in Chicago, Bears rookie QB Kyle Orton tried to throw his athletic supporter into the hamper, but Bengals CB Keiwan Ratliff intercepted it and ran 35 yards into the parking lot."

David04
09-28-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Picking off twelve passes in two weeks isn't enough?

"After last week's game in Chicago, Bears rookie QB Kyle Orton tried to throw his athletic supporter into the hamper, but Bengals CB Keiwan Ratliff intercepted it and ran 35 yards into the parking lot."

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

And yeah, take the Bengals.

yoadrians
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
I'd take the PACKERS as a sure bet ... on the road ... at a hungry Carolina Panthers team ... on Monday night.

On second thought, better stick with the Colts or Bengals /images/graemlins/smile.gif

West
09-28-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Picking off twelve passes in three weeks isn't enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP...they got ten the last two weeks..

CCass
09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Indy playing Tennessee? I don't think this is the week the Colts choke. Wait til they play the Pats, as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Indy comes to TN this week. I will be there rooting for my Titans, but I expect us to get creamed. This will be the week Peyton gets the offense going.

09-28-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not enough until they play a half decent offense. Cleveland,Minnesota, and Chicago, uhhhhhh no.

Jack of Arcades
09-29-2005, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not enough until they play a half decent offense. Cleveland,Minnesota, and Chicago, uhhhhhh no.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh! I could've sworn Trent Dilfer had a 95.1 QB rating, and Daunta Culpepper ripped apart the Saints last week!

And apparently the Tampa O is good even though they haven't played a half decent defense yet.

unlucky513
09-29-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be a valid argument if the bengals were playing anyone but the houston texans. their offense won't scare many people this year.

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 11:45 AM
who ever is playing the jets

brettbrettr
09-29-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't bet on Boller. I don't think we win this weekend, bu tthe Ravens D looked bad the first two weeks and their offense looked worse. There are better bets than the Ravens.

BWebb
09-29-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of taking Balt because Bollinger is going to get eaten alive. But, Balt O is just as bad, which means the game can be close. Then, anything can happen.