PDA

View Full Version : What is my play here?

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 06:42 PM
So I take my 3 and 9 year old up to the store for an ice cream last weekend. We decided to ride our bikes, and once we got to the store area, I made sure that they walked there bikes, so that they would not run into some old lady. We go in, and get our ice cream. My three year old is very happy, and not really looking what he is doing when he walks out of the store, when one of these biker fags comes riding up on the sidewalk with his feet clipped in the peddles, and my son steps right in front of him. He cannot stop and runs into my son knocking him over, at which point his bike fell on top of my son, and his arm got caught in the spokes.
At this point, I yell at the guy, and ask him what the hell he was doing? This was on the sidewalk in front of an icecram store, and not out in the street. I asked him again what the hell he was doing, as I picked up my son and made sure he was ok. The guy came back at me and said, why doesnt your kid watch were he is going. I lost it, I dropped about 10 F bombs, and got in this guys face. Another guy stepped in, and said that I should not cuse in front of my kids, and I told him to f off, and that this biker [censored] should not be riding his bike on the sidewalk. He sat back down, and my son was crying at this point so I sat him down, with his brother, at which point the biker walked away into the adjacent grocery store. Could not leave a crying 3 year old to chase this guy donw. I sat my son and he stopped crying, I looked up, and there was a huge sign that said NO BIKE RIDING ALLOWED, by order of cival code 105678. At this point my blood is boiling, and I did not know what to do. So what is my play? Here are what I see as my options.

Grab the guys bike, and break it in half over a tree.
Grab the guys bike, and call the cops, who will give him a ticket.
Take the sign, and rip it off the wall, and then shove it up the guys ass.
Other plays?

I will post the results later, but this is not a hypothetical situation. Fortunately my son did not get hurt, other than the new words he learned from his dad.

09-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Masterbation

diebitter
09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm sorry, but if someone runs into a toddler/little kid of mine through carelessness, they get punched very hard with the intention of breaking their nose.

The only way that won't happen is if I'm the only adult around looking after the kid, and there's more than one small child. The children's welfare is paramount. Here, I try to get him to wait by appearing reasonable, get the kids strapped in a car, then go back and hit him hard.

I would take no action at all if it was a genuine accident.

Cursing in front of your kids is awful - stop it.

swede123
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Other: learn to control your emotions. I realize the guy was in the wrong, but your son was fine, no harm done. It's more important to set a good example to your children, and in this situation you pretty much screwed that one up.

Swede

bravos1
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Just break about 20-30 of his spokes.

You can take one of said broken spokes and SIIHP if you wish.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 06:54 PM
No other adult around, and no car. So I was stuck. Wold not have cused, but guys attitude was that it was not his fault. If he says he is sorry, I say fine, and walk away. But he acted like it was a 3 year olds fault. This was a sidewalk in a strip mall. Not a public sidewalk.

B00T
09-28-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be good to at least show your 9 yr old that violence is not the answer, but at the same time to stick up for yourself and more importantly your family.

Crimson
Chill out, set a good example for your kids. If you get angry at someone, they can let the anger take over their emotions. Be pissed, tell him to be carefull, and ask for his name and phone incase his arm is broken or something, scare the F out of him. Cussing him out? Doesnt seem like the best play here.

rohjoh
[ QUOTE ]
Other: learn to control your emotions. I realize the guy was in the wrong, but your son was fine, no harm done. It's more important to set a good example to your children, and in this situation you pretty much screwed that one up.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Also need to teach children that if someone is in the wrong, this guy, by not saying sorry, and making sure the 3 year old was ok, that you cannot just walk away. Need people to be responible for there actions. Much more important lesson.

Crimson
09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Im glad you weren't my dad.

dblgutshot
09-28-2005, 06:58 PM
earmuffs

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
what is wrong w/ swearing?

oddjob
09-28-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No other adult around, and no car. So I was stuck. Wold not have cused, but guys attitude was that it was not his fault. If he says he is sorry, I say fine, and walk away. But he acted like it was a 3 year olds fault. This was a sidewalk in a strip mall. Not a public sidewalk.

[/ QUOTE ]

how the f@ck do you expect him to react when you go full tilt on him? this is why it's better to be an adult about it.

everyone screws up every once in a while, and it sucks to be on the receiving end of it. but do you think he's going to feel any remorse when you act like a douchebag to him?

think of the situation? you're doing this in front of your kids. if i was a witness, i'd think, that biker guy is a freaking moron, but that father is a complete ahole. he should not have kids.

oh, and if you're going to go balistic, i say break the bike over the tree, cause the thought of someone doing this cracks me up.

SoloAJ
09-28-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You can take one of said broken spokes and SIIHP if you wish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm amazed this made an appearance so quickly in the thread. Kudos.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im glad you weren't my dad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not an agry or violent person, but this guys attitude, made me snap. If I hit a kid on my bike, I would at least say I was sorry, and not get in the dads face, and tell him to watch were his kid was going. Also when you see your kid get hit, your blood starts to pump.

oddjob
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Also need to teach children that if someone is in the wrong, this guy, by not saying sorry, and making sure the 3 year old was ok, that you cannot just walk away. Need people to be responible for there actions. Much more important lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, i'm sure this is the lesson they learned.

stabn
09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I think your son is more important than dropping f bombs at the biker, but i guess he isn't since that seemed to be your priority.

swede123
09-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Don't get me wrong here. I don't have children, but when I do I imagine I'll be pretty damn concerned about their safety and well being. However, in this situation it seemed like everything ended up OK. I know you want to set an example and teach this jerk a lesson, but it seemed like the only lesson your 3 year old got was that dad yelled and screamed and scared him. Anyway, shitty situation whatever you do.

Swede

spamuell
09-28-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crimson
09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
You know what, after rereading, I'd probably get pissed if someone hit my kids too.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know what, after rereading, I'd probably get pissed if someone hit my kids too.

[/ QUOTE ]

IT pissed me off, but all the guy had to do is say, hey I am really sorry, I should not have been riding my bike in this area. Instead he says "Why dont you watch were your kid is going". I did not start to drop f bombs until this point. But you hit my kid, and then come at me with this [censored], I am going to lose it.

shant
09-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Use your 3-year old son as a bludgeoning tool to beat the bike-rider to death.

diebitter
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given this, the only reasonable choice was to drop it.

09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Call the police, seriously. Hitting your son while riding a bike on the sidewalk is against the law. Big fines come his way.

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM
STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE

AlexSem
09-28-2005, 08:23 PM
#1. don't swear in front of kids

#2. dont' swear in front of your own kids

#3. don't act like a kid

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The dude should have *at least* bought like some more ice cream and apologized profusely.

That whole scene makes me sad.

I'd vote for just breaking the guys bike beyond repair (if possible).

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but if someone runs into a toddler/little kid of mine through carelessness, they get punched very hard with the intention of breaking their nose.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Cursing in front of your kids is awful - stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I'd take Rojoh's cursing over your course of action any day of the week for any kid I care about.

This made me realize I think I want to change my vote for keep bike and call cops. Breaking the bike really is better but it really isn't a good example for children for many reasons.

Yugoslav

CRF250X
09-28-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1. don't swear in front of kids

#2. dont' swear in front of your own kids

#3. don't act like a kid

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had kids then I would much rather have them learn how to swear than teach them that it's ok to allow irresponsible, selfish, people to endanger the lives of others.

If someone ran over my dog on a sidewalk he'd regret it.

bravos1
09-28-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE STEAL HIS BIKE

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn bike theives.. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bravos1
09-28-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#3. don't act like a kid

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's not ANY fun!

Cancer Merchant
09-28-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn bike theives.. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone loves the bike thief meme.

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 09:51 PM
So how frequently do you hit your kids?

LeatherFace
09-28-2005, 10:00 PM
You never said if the kids ice cream was ruined it sounds like it. You did buy him a new one, right? I have a feeling you forgot to. Your son probably thinks your [censored] stupid [censored] bitch, seriously.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Kid did not drop the ice cream. It was in his othe hand.

jesusarenque
09-28-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Vish
09-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Didn't we just have this thread yesterday?

09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm I a pussy for liking this one most?

captZEEbo1
09-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Yes this guy was a complete [censored], but I think I'd let it go. Yes everything would have been smoothed over if he apologized. But many people instinctively pass the blame instead of taking responsibility. No "lesson" you give will probably be that big of a lesson. I'd probably just hope that he learned his lesson in that he almost killed a 3yr old.

HtotheNootch
09-28-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm I a pussy for liking this one most?

[/ QUOTE ]

My brain says this is the right play. Years of evolutionary wiring say that guy needed a severe beating.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 11:18 PM
When the guy went in the store, I decided I would confront him, and point out how he was in the wrong. I also planned to hold him, and call the police.

Guy ducked out of the back of the store.(he took his bike in the store with him)

In the end I explained to my kids, I did over react, but making sure that they were safe, and nobody hurts them was the most important thing to me.

When I told my wife the story, she was more fired up than I was, and said the guy was lucky it was not her, because she would have ripped his face off.

you tend to get a little phycho when your kid is threatend or in harms way, I think it is kind of like the flight or fight instict.

youtalkfunny
09-29-2005, 01:00 AM
I only made it half-way through the thread, but it was clear to me which posters have children, and which ones don't.

09-29-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only made it half-way through the thread, but it was clear to me which posters have children, and which ones don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ones?

nothumb
09-29-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IT pissed me off, but all the guy had to do is say, hey I am really sorry, I should not have been riding my bike in this area. Instead he says "Why dont you watch were your kid is going". I did not start to drop f bombs until this point. But you hit my kid, and then come at me with this [censored], I am going to lose it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I would be spitting mad in this situation even if it weren't my own kid. I hate calling the cops in any situation but I would seriously consider it here. I would also seriously consider running over his bike with my truck while he's in that store.

NT

ChipWrecked
09-29-2005, 02:33 AM
I ride a bicycle to work, and on errands etc. so by default I am part of the 'biker [censored] community' in that I'm around cyclists a lot on the local trails and so on.

You say this guy was clipped in pedals, that makes me believe he was also wearing the full race kit freaky-colored lycra.

"The brighter the lycra, the bigger the jerk."

These people should [censored] die. Too bad you didn't kick the [censored] out of him and wipe up the blood with his [censored] bike jersey, then shove it in his [censored] mouth. I cannot tell you how much I hate these [censored] cocksuckers. Slipping out the back door. What a [censored] faggot. If he'd hit my daughter, I'd have clipped his [censored] face to his fancy [censored] pedals.

BTW, I'm glad your kid is OK. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rohjoh
09-29-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ride a bicycle to work, and on errands etc. so by default I am part of the 'biker [censored] community' in that I'm around cyclists a lot on the local trails and so on.

You say this guy was clipped in pedals, that makes me believe he was also wearing the full race kit freaky-colored lycra.

"The brighter the lycra, the bigger the jerk."

These people should [censored] die. Too bad you didn't kick the [censored] out of him and wipe up the blood with his [censored] bike jersey, then shove it in his [censored] mouth. I cannot tell you how much I hate these [censored] cocksuckers. Slipping out the back door. What a [censored] faggot. If he'd hit my daughter, I'd have clipped his [censored] face to his fancy [censored] pedals.

BTW, I'm glad your kid is OK. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He had pink and yellow lycra if that is any clue.