PDA

View Full Version : Official "I have never seen a single episode of Lost " Thread

swede123
09-28-2005, 06:38 PM
Hi.

Swede

ucfryan
09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
Guess I'm not the only one.

istewart
09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
KILL ME NOW.

jstnrgrs
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way this show can be good. 24 is good, Fox in general is just crap. This is like Kwanzaa meets Castaway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The show's on ABC.

LoaferGee12
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I didn't even know this show was popular. I've never seen a clip of it.

KJS
09-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Never will either.

KJS

Patrick del Poker Grande
I wish.

Thought it was a reality show rip-off of Survivor, so never bothered to watch it.

istewart
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's no way this show can be good. 24 is good, Fox in general is just crap. This is like Kwanzaa meets Castaway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The show's on ABC.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored].

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Can I join on the merits that I hate the show, but have been made to sit in the room while it was on, but I didn't pay attention and haven't actually watched one episode all the way through?

Turning Stone Pro
09-28-2005, 06:42 PM
I must be the only 2+2er who doesnt have cable. My buddy Steve says I am the cheapest bastard he ever met. Thoughts?

TSP

offTopic
09-28-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw my first 0.5 ep last week. A friend was staying over and watched all of last year. Looked interesting. I don't think I want to get on the bandwagon without having seen the first season, though.

Invasion looked watchable. I'll probably check that out tonight.

rwperu34
09-28-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be the only 2+2er who doesnt have cable. My buddy Steve says I am the cheapest bastard he ever met. Thoughts?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you. TV in general is a waste of money.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-28-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have DirecTv so I can see all the Vikings games. If it weren't for that, I'd have the cheapest television package available with ESPN.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I just saw my first 0.5 ep last week. A friend was staying over and watched all of last year. Looked interesting. I don't think I want to get on the bandwagon without having seen the first season, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

this show was on last year?

Voltron87
I've never seen it, but I'm dling season one on torrents right now. Why do people hate it so much?

swede123
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have cable either. I probably watch about 5 hours of TV per week, if that.

Swede

istewart
09-28-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? No.

touchfaith
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I caught about 10 mintues of last season, plus about 1/2 the final episode...

Sis is hooked on it though, so I'll be watching to night unfortunately.

RunDownHouse
09-28-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have DirecTv so I can see all the Vikings games. If it weren't for that, I'd have the cheapest television package available with ESPN.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I move into my house, the first order of business is getting DirecTV. I can't stand knowing NFL Sunday Ticket is out there when I'm stuck watching the Titans and Browns game.

09-28-2005, 06:50 PM
What's Lost? I haven't watched Tv since last November... I sux...

RacersEdge
09-28-2005, 06:51 PM
You will be severely beaten and thrown down a hatch on a deserted island.

imported_CaseClosed326
09-28-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know, the show looked kinda goofy to me.

Hamish McBagpipe
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have DirecTv so I can see all the Vikings games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Good one.

tdarko
09-28-2005, 06:54 PM
if you would have made this post a month ago then i would be in the boat with you rowing. i will tell you why.

i love/hate these type of shows, the ones that tease you for a year and basically frustrate you and then at the end of the season when you think its going to all gonna be figured out the ultimate cliffhanger of all frustrating cliffhanger's is presented to you so that you can think about it all summer. maybe its b/c i have non-diagnosed ADD or OCD, i dunno.

well i decided to not watch it and just rent the season dvd's and spend a non-frustrating weekend watching the whole season. ahhh so much better. still a tease but way better. great show too. now i just have to stay away from season 2, so far not good /images/graemlins/frown.gif

offTopic
09-28-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. Whatever. It's TV.

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
I had been really regretting not watching this show. This thread makes me feel better. I guess I should still feel bad about not watching "24", though. Missed that one too.

stabn
09-28-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

stabn

tdarko
09-28-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had been really regretting not watching this show. This thread makes me feel better. I guess I should still feel bad about not watching "24", though. Missed that one too.

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't go on the advice of 10 people in a thread about not ever watching the show.

go on the advice of the thousands that do watch it and love it and are hooked for legit and obvious reasons.

gildwulf
09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
I've never seen Lost. I haven't had a TV in two years...I use Netflix. I also have my desktop set up as a home entertainment system with the harddrive used solely for downloaded movies/tv.

Mmm...no commercials.

swede123
09-28-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't go on the advice of 10 people in a thread about not ever watching the show.

go on the advice of the thousands that do watch it and love it and are hooked for legit and obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever man. I'd take my uninformed never-seen-the-show opinion over tens of thousands of Nielsen families any day. Anyway, who needs Lost when there's The Antiques Road Show on like four days a week. Now that's real life drama!

Swede

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i love/hate these type of shows, the ones that tease you for a year and basically frustrate you and then at the end of the season when you think its going to all gonna be figured out the ultimate cliffhanger of all frustrating cliffhanger's is presented to you so that you can think about it all summer. maybe its b/c i have non-diagnosed ADD or OCD, i dunno.

well i decided to not watch it and just rent the season dvd's and spend a non-frustrating weekend watching the whole season.

[/ QUOTE ]

we're in 100% the same boat, i'm exactly the same and i do the same thing for TV shows.

watching a weekly show at a certain time just doesnt work with my schedule, i dont tv other than sports.

tdarko
09-28-2005, 07:13 PM
haha!

just saying you can't form an opinion from people who haven't actually seen the show. i don't really watch tv though so it doesn't really matter to me...i watch maybe 10 hours of tv in a month and all of it is with my gf.

gorie
09-28-2005, 07:15 PM
i've never seen it, but i think i should have, because everyone seems to think it's awesome. maybe i'll get the DVD eventually.

Brainwalter
09-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Not planning on it.

Klepton
09-28-2005, 07:22 PM
you should

theben
09-28-2005, 07:28 PM
damn right

Slacker13
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Saw a commercial once, thats it.

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Your avatar rocks.
http://www.punogre.com/images/other/sometimes.gif

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your avatar rocks.
http://www.punogre.com/images/other/sometimes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

are you lonely, or depressed? have you had too muhc ot drink? did you just kill you're step sister after having sex with her in austrailia?

NLSoldier
09-28-2005, 08:02 PM
You are missing out on one of the best shows of all time.

JihadOnTheRiver
09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
word

Moneyline
09-28-2005, 08:14 PM
BOOBS!

cbfair
09-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Nor will I ever.

AlexSem
09-28-2005, 08:24 PM
signed.

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
i get the impression that a certain group of people are really hating on this show, why? i havent seen it.

flatline
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i get the impression that a certain group of people are really hating on this show, why? i havent seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They want to be different but have no valid reason for doing so. Notice no one here has said they watched a few episodes and hated it. There are four types:

1) Those that refuse to watch it
2) Those who have seen like ten minutes and said "this sucks" (pretty much the same as #1) and refused to watch it
3) Those who watch it every week and claim to hate it because it never gives answers, but they watch it every week
4) Those who admit they love it

Paluka
09-28-2005, 08:37 PM
I have never seen an episode of Lost, but its not because I'm some dipshit that thinks it is cool to talk about how I don't have TV and how TV sucks.

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They want to be different but have no valid reason for doing so. Notice no one here has said they watched a few episodes and hated it. There are four types:

1) Those that refuse to watch it
2) Those who have seen like ten minutes and said "this sucks" (pretty much the same as #1) and refused to watch it
3) Those who watch it every week and claim to hate it because it never gives answers, but they watch it every week
4) Those who admit they love it

[/ QUOTE ]

there are all these people who havent watched the show saying it sucks, theres something wrong with that.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
this looks like the place for me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klepton
09-28-2005, 08:41 PM
whenever someone says they have't seen it, i ask them if they want to watch the first 9 minute scene.

if they get through that and don't want to watch anymore, they i'll stop.

because of this, i've had to watch the season at least 5 different times, with 7 different people.

masse75
09-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Right here, dude.

InchoateHand
09-28-2005, 10:16 PM
How's it going?

KDawgCometh
09-28-2005, 10:32 PM
I haven't seen it yet. It is a show that I want to start watching, cauase friends whose opinions I respect tell me I need to see it. Its just that I didn't see the first episode of season 1 and its one of those shows that you really need to see what has happened previously to know what's going on. so pretty much I'm gonna watch season 1 and catch a marathon of this season at some point to get caught up

CCass
09-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nor will I ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

whiskeytown
09-29-2005, 12:28 AM
ditto....

just sorta seemed TOO out there for me...I hate broadcast tv anyways...

RB

Ogre
09-29-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive probably seen 5 episodes and i found nothing great about this show. it always seems like there are way too many comercials.

Klepton
09-29-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive probably seen 5 episodes and i found nothing great about this show. it always seems like there are way too many comercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

tivo / season one dvd owns

MyTurn2Raise
09-29-2005, 05:08 AM
I have yet to see the show...

I couldn't find it

Ulysses
09-29-2005, 05:11 AM
I didn't get on this bandwagon either. I've probably seen 5-10 minutes of 2 or 3 episodes.

jason_t
09-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Klepton forced me to watch an episode.

TheMetetron
09-29-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have cable either. I probably watch about .5 hours of TV per week, if that.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I win.

If it's not coming out on DVD, I don't care. That said, Lost rocks. I know, I don't belong here...

Vavavoom
09-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Lost - Whats that ?

jason_t
09-29-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have cable either. I probably watch about 5 hours of TV per week, if that.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even own a TV.

Dave G.
09-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Hello. I don't even know what Lost is, nor do I particularly care either. Just thought I'd say hi.

chesspain
09-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Ditto

4_2_it
09-29-2005, 07:15 AM
I'll watch as soon as they start showing the reruns on ESPN or FoxSportsNet.

Klepton
09-29-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get on this bandwagon either. I've probably seen 5-10 minutes of 2 or 3 episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is disappointing, but expected.

judgesmails
09-29-2005, 07:24 AM
I have not seen one minute of this show. I have seen the ads for it though.

Any show that is a fictional spinoff of a "reality" show can't be any good.

Well maybe Reno 911?

peachy
09-29-2005, 03:48 PM
i hadnt seen a single episode until a week ago and a friend finally talked me into watching it...im not much of a TV person and i figured it would be like some survior BS and was like how the hell can they make a show out of that?!?!

its NOTHING like that....

Damn them and damn this show b/c now im hooked and i dont get hooked easy...i went out rented the 1st few sections of season one but then the others for the last half of the season were all out and by this point i wanted to know what was going on SOOOO bad that i went out and BOUGHT the WHOLE 1st season just so i knew wtf was going on....im still pissed....

but the show is pretty good and im not one to watch these shows or like them....and whoever did the marketing/design type stuff for this show is top notch....they knew how to twist stuff to lock people in...lfkjdflkjsdlfkaslk i hate them and THE FREAKING NUMBERS!!! GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

its an extremely unique show and there has never really been anything like this...im shocked i like it and im kinda pissed i must give up an hr of my life once a week for it but its just too damn intriguing

i saw a few mins of an episode last yr and didnt hear much on the show and didnt have any interest...but once u watch a whole show most people will really like it...and its sooooo overly complex in some places with hidden numbers and everyones life somehow interlinking...klfdflkdsjflkas DAMN THIS SHOW....in a good way /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BeerMoney
09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
I have never seen an episode of star trek either.

peachy
09-29-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and ur gonna get spanked this week by the falcons
MWMWHAHAHAHA

RacersEdge
09-29-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hadnt seen a single episode until a week ago and a friend finally talked me into watching it...im not much of a TV person and i figured it would be like some survior BS and was like how the hell can they make a show out of that?!?!

Damn them and damn this show b/c now im hooked and i dont get hooked easy...i went out and BOUGHT the WHOLE 1st season just so i knew wtf was going on....im still pissed....

but the show is pretty good and whoever did the marketing/design type stuff for this show is top notch....they knew how to twist stuff to lock people in...lfkjdflkjsdlfkaslk i hate them and THE FREAKING NUMBERS!!! GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

its an extremely unique show and there has never really been anything like this...im shocked i like it and im kinda pissed i must give up an hr of my life once a week for it but its just too damn intriguing

[/ QUOTE ]

4+ 8 +15 +16 +23 +42 = 108

jackdaniels
09-29-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you officialy suck now. Like not watching Lost wasn't reason enough.

For those of you who are still fighting the urge to watch this show, my advice is -

Do it!

jackdaniels
09-29-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The clock resets to this in episode 2 season 2. Didn't do the math before - thx for the pointer.

Reef
09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
<font color="white"> </font>

peachy
09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Damn them and damn this show b/c now im hooked and i dont get hooked easy...i went out and BOUGHT the WHOLE 1st season just so i knew wtf was going on....im still pissed....

but the show is pretty good and whoever did the marketing/design type stuff for this show is top notch....they knew how to twist stuff to lock people in...lfkjdflkjsdlfkaslk i hate them and THE FREAKING NUMBERS!!! GGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes yes i KNOW!!! flkdjfasdfslk on the wall painted and the reset timer GOD DAMN IT!!! and the medicine bottles i cant take it!!! i wanna know already

peachy
09-29-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The clock resets to this in episode 2 season 2. Didn't do the math before - thx for the pointer.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 1st episode of season 2 the painting when he comes in the hatch is 108 too

and the other things in there it shows an eye, then an "M" then the word "sick" = I am sick - the sickness they talk about....

THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS SHOW SOOOOO MUCH that i love it /images/graemlins/mad.gif

i did watch the 1st season on DVD so watching it regular is pissing me off and i wanna wait til i can see it all at once but i just cant NOT watch when a new one is on now GGRRR

Plus i learned so much about the numbers etc soooo late in the season (just like everyone) that i wanna go back and REwatch the whole 1st season again but just cant bring mahself to sit there for another 24 hrs and do it...

some people are totally NUTS of the numbers though:

IE:

desmonds shower head holes matched one of the #s
jacks doctor ID # adds up to 23
the seats in the stadium are 15 and 16
the flight # is 815
Kates safe box is 815
the footballs were on isles 8 and 15
the gate # is 23
16 years the french ladies signal has been going out
phone numbers add up to the numbers
the backgammon dice each add up to 21 then there are 2 = 48
locke was in his chair 4 years
kates reward - 23,000
farmers wife died 8 years ago
8 steps on the hatch ladder
all the times on clocks match #s : 1115, 230, 42 after
the seats on the planes of these people were the numbers
15 people in the french ladies research group

and 100s and 100s more of these examples with the others - and im not even exaggerating...

LDJSLKDJASKJD make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

until people pointed this out to me i didnt notice that the numbers were EVERYWHERE and im talking EVERYWHERE...it now drives me crazy /images/graemlins/frown.gif

people have gotten so obsessed they break apart anything numerical on the show down to years

like one thing said 3 years people go
3x365 = 1095 broken up and added =
#15 again /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

i dont know where people find the time to find all these things in the episodes they must be watching them 10 times over...i guess that and a combo of the PR team leaking this stuff

stabn
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and ur gonna get spanked this week by the falcons
MWMWHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like the falcons owned the seahawks?

stabn
09-29-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you officialy suck now. Like not watching Lost wasn't reason enough.

For those of you who are still fighting the urge to watch this show, my advice is -

Do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did last night. Sucked.

jackdaniels
09-29-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in the 1st episode of season 2 the painting when he comes in the hatch is 108 too

and the other things in there it shows an eye, then an "M" then the word "sick" = I am sick - the sickness they talk about....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I missed that too! (Kids - don't do drugs!). I love the fact that they raised a bunch of questions in season 1 that they are quickly answering in season 2 (whats in the hatch? who are the others? etc.. etc...) - none of the "it will ALL be answered in the END." I like that they give answers along the way AND provide new questions.

grrrr.... This show is almost too good...

imported_The Vibesman
09-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I've never seen it either, but I would be hard-pressed to name a new show that I have seen. I wanted to check out Everyone Hates Chris, cuz I think Rock is a riot, but I can't catch it.

I watch a lot of animated shows, but sitcoms are too pat and formulaic nowadays, and with the dramas I can't stay with it from week to week. I do enjoy The Sopranos, and watched the first few seasons of 24 before it just started getting ridiculous. I would say 24 is the most recent live-action TV show I've gotten into. Mostly I use my TV for sporting events like baseball and hockey, that card game they play on ESPN and the Travel Channel, cartoons, concerts on DVD/video, movies and porn.

IndieMatty
09-29-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've never seen it, but i think i should have, because everyone seems to think it's awesome. maybe i'll get the DVD eventually.

[/ QUOTE ]

samjjones
09-29-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. Please watch "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and tell us if you liked it.

jackdaniels
09-29-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool. Please watch "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and tell us if you liked it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it rocked. (yes, I know you weren't asking me).

peachy
09-29-2005, 04:23 PM
here a friend thats told me most of this stuff just gave me a site for the numbers

Unreal crazy people finding meanings for all the numbers (http://thelostnumbers1.greatestjournal.com/)

this is unreal and i cant imagine the time it takes to make everything one of the #s

some of the things HAVEEEEE to be coinsidence....every number in the show cant add up to these and facts like
Korea's whatever day is 8/15
wiscon. is the 23rd largest state
lis. plate #s matching the #s as well as letters done numberical

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheCroShow
09-29-2005, 04:32 PM
never seen an episode, while we're at it..i've never seen an episode of ER, EVER!

NLSoldier
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOST&gt;&gt;&gt;MSSS

Sponger15SB
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
I've never seen the show or even a commercial cause I don't watch CBS. It is easily the worst show in the history of television though.

Bluffoon
09-29-2005, 04:42 PM
WTF is "lost"

Shajen
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi. (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28694) <font color="white"> Yeah, I know it doesn't apply to you, Swede. </font>

pokerdirty
09-29-2005, 04:56 PM
holy [censored]. we have numbers.