PDA

View Full Version : Why do I always speed up to drive next to cute girls?

Huh
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
It's not like I'm going to pull over and get digits?

Anyhow,
Im on the button with
K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

four callers to me, I call and the small blind calls, BB raps.

Flop is K /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Wowie Zowie.
Check, Bet, Call, I call, One blind folds, all else call.

Turn is K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Check, Bet, Call, I Call, Origianl Checker Calls.

River is some offsuit rag.

Checked to me, I bet both call.

My hand is good, No choppy.

Comments on all streets appreciated. Thanks,

-Huh /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Nottom
05-14-2003, 11:19 PM
Looking at the way it played out, I realy can't imagine getting any extra bets in anywhere except maybe on the flop. On the turn, if you raise I have a hard time believing you will get a call from anyone.

The king on the turn really put a halt to you ability to do anything but call. Luckily you had someone betting and some one else happily calling even though they aparently didn't have much. Figured you were chopping for sure with 2 players still in.

JoeU
05-14-2003, 11:30 PM
It's risky, but a raise on the flop could gain you 1 extra bet (chk, bet, call, RAISE, fold, fold, call, call = 2 bets from two opponents rather than 1 bet from 3 opponents). That scenario is in hind sight. You don't know that one of the blinds will fold in this spot. Otherwise, I think you maxed the hand out.

Joe

biggambler
05-15-2003, 03:16 PM
If you raise the flop you may wind up with less money than you did. The times people call you, might wind up being a split pot. Everyone wants to have a GIANT pot when they have a big hand. But, lets take the most that we can and not lose it by being too greedy.

Emperor
05-15-2003, 03:33 PM
I did this once. They proceeded to make an immediate turn into a driveway. I'm checking them out in my rearview mirror as I cruise off. Next thing I know 4 big football player dudes pile into another car and they are chasing me! I pulled into a taco bell where a cop was getting a snack. Never saw them again.

Broke me of my habit.