PDA

View Full Version : Togo's Sandwiches

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Does Togo's exist nationwide? Because it should. Going to Subway when there's a Togo's anywhere in the vicinity is laughable. The bread is fantastic. Today I had the Avocado & Turkey. It was magnificent.

SoloAJ
09-28-2005, 04:37 PM
We have a Jimmy Johns in central illinois. Not sure if thats national either, but it also kicks ass on Subway (Nevr heard of Togo's though...)

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does Togo's exist nationwide? Because it should. Going to Subway when there's a Togo's anywhere in the vicinity is laughable. The bread is fantastic. Today I had the Avocado & Turkey. It was magnificent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Togo's is much better, but I think it is a west coast thing. I had the turkey,roast beef and swiss today.

imported_anacardo
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We have a Jimmy Johns in central illinois. Not sure if thats national either, but it also kicks ass on Subway (Nevr heard of Togo's though...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Moderate props to Jimmy John's. Their roast beef bleeds on the wrapper, and that makes it okay by me.

09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

...Avocado & Turkey. It was magnificent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's sweet. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But, to answer your question, I've never heard of Togo's. And I'm talking at least 4 states in the past few months.

wayabvpar
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I used to really enjoy Togo's, but on my past 2 visits, I have taken ill afterwards. Plenty of other options out there that won't make me spend the rest of the day in the bathroom.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Togo's is much better, but I think it is a west coast thing. I had the turkey,roast beef and swiss today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not been to a Togo's. I stopped going to Subway long ago when Quiznos became readily available.

My question to you is whether or not Togo's is superior to Quiznos?

Yugoslav

bravos1
09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah..just a west coast thing.. I had Turkey, Roast Beef, and Provolone on dutch crunch bread yesterday.

SoloAJ
09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we know who has the better commercials by far....Those evil singing hamster things are weird.

rohjoh
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not been to a Togo's. I stopped going to Subway long ago when Quiznos became readily available.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Togo's is better, but sometimes you just need it toasted.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we know who has the better commercials by far....Those evil singing hamster <font color="red">are pretty much the greatest ever</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...yes, you make a v good point.

Still, though, I wonder if Togo's is close to or superior than Quiznos.

Yugoslav

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 04:45 PM
I prefer Togo's to Quizno's. The ingredients seem to be of higher quality at Togo's, especially the bread.

Shajen
Togo's is in Atlanta.

They are often combined with a Duncan Donuts, at least around here.

I don't like their sandwiches very much. They are ok.

WLVRYN
I recently located from the West Coast to Detroit Rock City, and can say that I've had sandwiches from all these places. Here goes my list:

1) Jimmy Johns - The Gargantuan. mmmm......
2) Togos - Hot Pastrami
3) Quiznos - Spicy Monterrey Club
4) Tubby's - Pepper, Steak and Cheese
5) Any other than Subway
6) Subway.

Togos is a close second, but just barely. Also, they have Togos in Detroit (hooked up with a Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins the same building). Tubby's is a Detroit chain I think, but they have great dressing.

stabn
09-28-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to really enjoy Togo's, but on my past 2 visits, I have taken ill afterwards. Plenty of other options out there that won't make me spend the rest of the day in the bathroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one on 140th or is there another? I ate there once and didn't even finish my sandwhich. I don't know if i missed something i should have had added to it or what, but it basically had no flavor.

offTopic
09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
#9 - Onion Roll
#16 - White...you have to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes, though.

danvh
09-28-2005, 04:51 PM
We have one in virginia. Definitally let me down. I grew up outside San Fran, so loved Togos when I was a kid.

The one here has a limited menu, not as good bread and is just a let down.

wayabvpar
09-28-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The one on 140th or is there another? I ate there once and didn't even finish my sandwhich. I don't know if i missed something i should have had added to it or what, but it basically had no flavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the one (there used to be one on Grady Way in Renton too, but I think it has changed into something else now). They changed ownership recently, but my 2 visits bridged the 2 owners, so it isn't that.

Thebram
09-28-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah..just a west coast thing.. I had Turkey, Roast Beef, and Provolone on dutch crunch bread yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pass a Togos on my way to work in the DC area.
I've wondered wtf it was, guess I'll have to check it out.

If it ends up sucking, I'll keel you.

[ QUOTE ]
dutch crunch bread

[/ QUOTE ]
There has to be a bad dike joke in there...but I could be mistaken.

asofel
09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dutch crunch bread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, where in the DC area? I've never heard of Togo's

Thebram
09-28-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
dutch crunch bread

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, where in the DC area? I've never heard of Togo's

[/ QUOTE ]

I used "DC area" quite loosely.
Its in Rockville, and its the only one I've seen.

09-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Potbelly's &gt; Jimmy John's &gt; Quizno's &gt; Togo's &gt; Homemade sandwich &gt; $1.99 grocery store sandwich &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Subway

MrTrik
09-28-2005, 06:54 PM
I've never heard of Togo's so I doubt they are anywhere in MN.

Corey
09-28-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I used "DC area" quite loosely.
Its in Rockville, and its the only one I've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres one on US-1 just south of National Airport (South of Crystal City, northeast of Del Ray)

09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
there's a Togo's/Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins just South of DC

MINETZ
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a Togo's/Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins just South of DC

[/ QUOTE ]
theres like 50 of these in chi town. Subway togos and quiznos are all different and good for their own reasons.

Cancer Merchant
09-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Mmm, I now crave the Pastrami and the Ruben. Sauerkraut makes everything better.

ChipWrecked
09-29-2005, 01:01 AM
Togo's is meh at best. Not bad, just not great. Do they have La Bou's down south, Slim? Their bread pwns Togo, but it may be just a NorCal thing.