PDA

View Full Version : JUST IN!! ruben versus clay in the finals

GrannyMae
05-14-2003, 09:42 PM
next weeks show will be awesome. the future's market seems split right down the middle, and it was revealed that the difference between the 2 as far as votes was less than 2% out of 18 million votes.

i'm one lucky old hag to have gotten rid of 80% of my futures at the very top they hit. the runaway i expected did not happen.

i'll admit that i DID vote last night for the first time ever. not only that, but i voted 2 times. my speeddial is still smoking.

GO 205, but it has been a great competition, with the best yet to come next tuesday.

http://e4u.consoleradar.com/happy/744.gif

William
05-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Nice to have you back Granny. We were all worried. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Bubmack
05-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Granny - I think Clay is going to win this one. Didn't someone purchase a futures contract from you for Clay a few weeks back?

The main difference between Clay and Reuben is the fact that Reuben is very consistent, whereas Clay has good songs and then some that miss the mark. However, when Clay is on - Rueben is not even close. IMHO.

Good luck

Bubs

TimTimSalabim
05-15-2003, 01:20 PM
IMHO, the best of the three just got eliminated. Ruben is okay, nothing special. Clay could easily blow him away next week with a good performance. But none of them are really superstars in my book. Anyone with really amazing talent is going to be discovered in other ways, not through a competition like this.

Bubmack
05-15-2003, 02:10 PM
I disagree Tim,

I think a vast majority of people never realize their full potential. In fact, the greatest potential actors, musicians, poker players (etc.), are people that never tried it or were never given a chance. How many million dollar a year poker players are out their sitting on their asses playing video games and not even knowing what in the hell hold'em is??? But there personality, demeanor, and intelligence would ensure super success at the tables - if they only knew it or tried it.

I think any avenue that increases exposure to a certain discipline will surely uncover Raw gems awaiting to be polished.

Bubs

RiverMel
05-15-2003, 02:36 PM
But the flaw in your argument is that American Idol is not providing an avenue to singing for people who didn't know they had the talent / interest. Only those who already think they're talented and interested are going to enter. If there was an "American Pokershark" show, those clueless videogamers wouldn't enter.

Emperor
05-15-2003, 02:52 PM
I completely agree on both counts. Kimberly was the best singer period. I think that is why they had the disclaimer at the beginning of the show Tuesday. The one about this not being a popularity contest so vote for the best singer. America didn't listen.

No one on these shows even comes close to having the talent of any of the backup singers they are using. Let alone the talent of an "idol". Put those backup singers on the stage, I bet they blow these 3 away.

GrannyMae
05-15-2003, 09:14 PM
Didn't someone purchase a futures contract from you for Clay a few weeks back?

ooo, thanks for the reminder. it was daliman, and he bought it at 28. it is a 'to the end' future.

YOU THERE Daliman?? i have not seen any new posts. how about a confirmation thet you are still breathing.

and BTW bubs, i think ruben has more talent when they are both on, but that is what is great about this seasons competition. i honestly beleive it will completely be decided by the performances of the final show.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/music/musik33.gif

that makes it really sweet.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/music/musik13.gif

Daliman
05-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Kimberly didn't sound very good unless she was belting, and was obviously outclassed. The cream has risen to the top here, unlike last year, when Tamyra got jobbed. CLay's voice is more impressive, Ruben's, more solid and consistent. Irresistible force vs. Immovable object. Pretty obvious who the immovable object is....