PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Donkey? Me or Him?

steamboatin
09-28-2005, 03:43 PM
sometimes my communiation skills are lacking and I played 13 hours yesterday at Caesar's IN (New Poker Room is very nice BTW.) so this may or may not be coherent but if I forget something important, just ask an I'll try to answer any questions.

Okay, the $6-12 Limit holdem game at caesars in is full of terrible players, which is a good thing but frustrating when runner runner flushes and straights beat you up but you all understand that is just part of the game and the primary source of our profit.

About 11 hours in to my session I get four really good starting hands in a row and lose with all four. this is the fourth hand and I would like your opinion on the hand and if my opponent was correct.

Mid thirties guy with his dad playing next to him. Everytime He drags a pot, He tells his dad what a great play that was and why. I thought he was an idiot but didn't say a word until this hand and they were racking up to leave so I am giving myself and pardon for table talk.

I have just got busted up after a preflop raise on three hands in a row. The table is short handed and they always call raises. I have ATo UTG and I decide to raise. For some unkown reason, I think they might all fold, I should have known better but I may not have been thinking clearly at the moment.

UTG+1 calls, Young guy has the button and reraises, dad folds, BB (Ultimate Fish) calls and so do I. Flop is 10 high, I bet call, raise, reraise and I fold. turn is a blanks, young guy bets, ultimate fish raises and young guy caps. river appears to be a blank but I am long past being able to tell what is going to hit their hands.

River goes bet, call and young guy shows 7,5 clubs for a straight, I think he made the straight on the turn but I am not sure.

As He was explaining the hand to his dad, I say "Nice reraise" which was a little bit sarcastic and He says" Yes, suited up against five people, it was a good bet. I was open ended after the flop and the straight card came on the turn."

Now is reraising the tightest player at the table with 7,5 suited on a short handed table a good bet?

Does the fact that I had my head kicked in by junk hands three in a row make it wise to play back at me?

does the fact that He played one more hand, called a raise with J9 suited and stayed for a runer runner full house to crack AA make a difference?

crunchy1
09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now is reraising the tightest player at the table with 7,5 suited on a short handed table a good bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
This phrasing is likely irrelevant because I'm guessing that the idiots you were playing against probably didn't even bother to notice how "tight" you were. And even if they were paying attention they might have trouble figuring it out when you're raising ATo UTG.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Entity
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
2, 1, 1.

brettbrettr
09-28-2005, 03:56 PM
(in re: your post topic and upon seeing poster's name) You.

(after reading the post) Both of you.

hobbsmann
09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2, 1, 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

steamboatin
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Thank you, that is very helpful.