PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nut flush - Do you bet out?

Play Tight
05-14-2003, 07:41 PM
In a recent game I amazingly found myself in the great postion of flopping the nut flush. (Ace all 3 times, twice with king and once with 5.)

The hands all played differently but forutently all had many players (5 to 8) seeing the flop. I slow rolled the flop to two wins but was busted out by boat on the paired river in the third hand.

Both of the wins came with someone else making me a pot on the trun and allowing me to raise the river. The loss was bet on the turn by the flopped top two pair. I only called thinking I might keep a couple of others in the hand and be able to raise the river. The board paired and I was kicked to the curb.

I like everyone else love to grow big pots when possible but have had an ongoing argument with a friend who says its better to take down the pot ASAP and stack the chips. How would you play these hands?

bernie
05-14-2003, 07:53 PM
i like to bet out with the nuts. especially with lots of players seeing the flop. youd be suprised at how many players will call. and some even raise /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

b

RockLobster
05-14-2003, 08:20 PM
an ongoing argument with a friend who says its better to take down the pot ASAP and stack the chips.

I'm with your friend on this argument. Slowplaying straights and flushes (esp. against 2 or more opponents) is a bad idea... even though it feels so good to showdown the flopped nut-flush.