PDA

View Full Version : Change my screename? nc

ahnuld
09-28-2005, 12:38 PM
I generally play with the same people on the same site and at the same level. Recently, people have been making comments about the fact that I post. Nothing bad, but I realised that if they wanted it would be easy to go look at alot of the hands I post and then they would get a good read on my lines. Is it giving up alot of info, shuld I change my username, or am I being paranoid?

TheWorstPlayer
09-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Sweet poll. I'll be sure to come back to it tomorrow so that I can vote.

HoldEmKillah
09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
I guess he doesn't want my opinion either /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ahnuld
09-28-2005, 01:29 PM
Sorry guys, my first time psoting a poll, Ill try to fix it. My bad /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yeti
09-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Doesn't matter. Here is the answer :

OK. I assume the 'people' in question are a few 2+2ers in your game who now know your screen name. Not that big a deal. You weren't making your serious money off these guys before anyway. Now it's likely they probably won't want to tussle with you.

The fish aren't going to come in and read your posts to gain a better understanding of how you play. Most of them won't know what twoplustwo is. Those who do, aren't interested.

You're overreacting. Having said that, if you're playing with the same players a bunch, of course a change in your screen name periodically is a good thing. I would advise you do this every few months or so.

HoldEmKillah
09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I think you should change it. I used to think the way Yeti thinks (which does make perfect sense) but then a 2+2'r told me "it's easier to make moves on you BECAUSE I know you're a 2+2r." Bam, sn changed the next week.

ahnuld
09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Thnaks guys. Supposedly im not allowed to have more than one alias on prima. Can I register a new username with the same neteller account, or would they close my accounts?

yvesaint
09-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I've played with you before, and I have to admit, it does affect the way I play my game - because I have seen you post hands, know you read 2+2, etc.

I suggest you get a different name than your 2+2 handle - mine is completely different.

However, I don't think I have played very many hands with you at all, I only had a short stint at full-ring that I think we only got involved in 1-2 pots. But I'm interested in what you think of my play, if you remember at all. I'll PM you.

edge
09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it's really easy to take advantage of known 2+2ers. I changed my screen name a few months ago because some people were recognizing me.

PugX
09-28-2005, 02:12 PM
If you going to change name at Prima then be carefull to do it the "right" way.

I have a vague memory of that they have freazed peoples acounts becaused they had different acount names at different Prima-sites.

/Pug

amulet
09-28-2005, 02:19 PM
i have found that if i change my online screen name at each site, i get a lot more action. i change as often as possible and i believe it makes my profits larger.

ahnuld
09-28-2005, 02:22 PM
cool. Guess changing my poker name is the way to go. Any idea how this is doen without getting caught?

Percula
09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't matter. Here is the answer :...

[/ QUOTE ]

To take a line from a regular poster in the B&M forum...

"Two plus two is like the New York Times, everybody who is anybody knows about it. Lots of people get it... Not very many people read it cover to cover or understand what they read, but they know what it is and how to get a copy"

Playing live a couple of weeks ago in a 5-150 spread limit game. Table converstation turned to two plus two, and I was "out'ed". People started playing against me differently. Humm... think maybe they have or do read 2+2...

Xizor
09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I now have a note on you saying: "DO NOT MAKE MOVES ON HIM, HE READS 2+2!"

Anyway, nice playing with ya today..Hopefully you think I'm a total fish now so I can get my money back /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeti
09-28-2005, 05:31 PM
The awful players who you are making the vast majority of your money off don't read twoplustwo. Whether they know about it or not is irrelevant, they will not change their play to cater to different opponents.

Leptyne
09-30-2005, 02:10 PM
On Party and skins you are allowed to change your Screen Name to an alias every six months. Note that this is an alias. If you send someone a PM your original screen name will still appear.

You should change your alias as often as allowed if for no other reason than to confuse those who use PokerTracker.