PDA

View Full Version : (LC) citanul quote on game quality

schwza
09-28-2005, 12:09 PM
from the "old thread revisited" thread:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. That old school post just blew me away. Either people played way worse just 10 months ago, or people's advice was way worse 10 months ago. Either way, if someone played bad enough to make this a fold at the 215's I would be shocked, which is why I am shocked that advice from very good players was to fold. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

the games were way better 10 months ago.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sad to hear.

bigt439
09-28-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the games will be way worse 10 months from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sadder.

09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure everybody would agree with this. Different skills and strategy are probably required now, would be interested to hear what posters like Gramps, Curtains and Daliman think

09-28-2005, 12:54 PM
I played a Party 10 + 1 last night that had 9 players left at level 4. I haven't played ten months but that's the first time I can remember that happening.

Sabrazack
09-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I played a party 20+2 where 3 players busted the first hand. And i busted the hand after that :P. Never EVER seen that happen.

raptor517
09-28-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a party 20+2 where 3 players busted the first hand. And i busted the hand after that :P. Never EVER seen that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was itm in a 215 at lvl 3, and HU by lvl 4, had the tourney won in lvl 5. holla

adanthar
09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Specifically the 200's and maybe the 100's were better and will be worse in the sense that you will actually have to have some postflop skills to beat them. It's no accident that most of the people that used to play the 200's here have either moved up or moved down and nobody that posts a lot has really moved in to take their place.

Having said that...as long 90% of the hands even on 2+2 are math questions like 'do I push this?' and very few people are concentrating on postflop, the games are gonna stay beatable. It's just that pushbotting alone isn't enough for the 215's anymore when it sorta used to be earlier.

Gramps
09-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I think the games are a tad worse than they were a little over a year ago when I started playing them. But yes, the masses have adjusted in certain respects, so strategies that were once effective may not be so much anymore. So...one must simply adjust to their adjustments, and do the best they can...

I think the sick variance the 215s can present, even to a winning player, is the biggest thing protecting them from being overly saturated with winning multitablers. That and the fact that if you can beat the 215s for a good earn, there's a good chance you can make a bit more (in some cases, a lot more) multitabling cash games.

se2schul
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played a Party 10 + 1 last night that had 9 players left at level 4. I haven't played ten months but that's the first time I can remember that happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I played a $33 lastnight and was on the bubble in level 3 and ITM in level 4. Are these games getting easier? Maybe my sample size is just too small.

MegaBet
09-28-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the games are a tad worse than they were a little over a year ago when I started playing them. But yes, the masses have adjusted in certain respects, so strategies that were once effective may not be so much anymore. So...one must simply adjust to their adjustments, and do the best they can...

I think the sick variance the 215s can present, even to a winning player, is the biggest thing protecting them from being overly saturated with winning multitablers. That and the fact that if you can beat the 215s for a good earn, there's a good chance you can make a bit more (in some cases, a lot more) multitabling cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good post.

microbet
09-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Newt is in the $215s and I think Degen is too, at least sometimes.