PDA

View Full Version : Lonely?

09-28-2005, 12:08 PM
How many people here consider themselves lonely most of the time?

xadrez
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/adsantos13/sadclown.jpg

09-28-2005, 12:20 PM
My wife left me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
But took me son I only see him on wekends /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I have you all /images/graemlins/cool.gif

diebitter
09-28-2005, 12:22 PM
This thread has the potential to be very, very depressing.

Yeti
09-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Somewhat.

gildwulf
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My wife left me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
But took me son I only see him on wekends /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I have you all /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that sucks...

gildwulf
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I just started gradschool in a new country and a new city and I don't really know anyone and I'm doing long distance with my girlfriend. So yea, I get lonely.

mslif
09-28-2005, 12:27 PM
I was lonely but now I have diebitter /images/graemlins/grin.gif

diebitter
09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
lol - you're a peach, but you know it's only textual, right?

mslif
09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Men... All the same /images/graemlins/frown.gif

diebitter
09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Frightened of the strength of our own feelings, you mean? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

09-28-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. I kind of like him too in the mornings. It's the accent that does it for me.

diebitter
09-28-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. I kind of like him too in the mornings. It's the accent that does it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay, that's another thread successfully hijacked. Next!

mslif
09-28-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Frightened of the strength of our own feelings, you mean? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you are conscious of it and don't be frightened, I'm nice /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread has the potential to be very, very depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But frankly I'm surprised it's not skewed the other way.

spamuell
09-28-2005, 12:39 PM
It's the accent that does it for me.

Diebitter, what accent is it you have? One of the South London ones, right?

diebitter
09-28-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's the accent that does it for me.

Diebitter, what accent is it you have? One of the South London ones, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the promised land. But I'm deep-voiced, and am pretty spunky on the phone, the laydeez tell me. A bit like Jason Statham soundalike (the guy in Lock Stock, Snatch and the Transporter).

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I am the opposite of lonely.

09-28-2005, 01:41 PM
I feel bad for the OP. I'm sorry you're lonely /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hope things get better.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hope things get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly didn't read the OP's first couple of posts. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope things get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly didn't read the OP's first couple of posts. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OH [censored]

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope things get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think lonliness is the issue somehow.

lucas9000
09-28-2005, 01:51 PM
there are 6,000,000,000+ people in the world. if you think there is one person out there somewhere who is perfect for you (your "soulmate"), what are the chances you'll find that person? more likely is that most people end up settling for someone who is close enough to perfect as they think they'll get. some "settle" more liberally than others.

hell, even if you assume there is one person who is perfect for you in the us, that's still like 250,000,000+ people to sift through.

what i'm getting at is that i think it's nearly impossible for a person to find their "soulmate" (or whatever), and for the feeling to be mutual. accept that and decide what your standards are for settling on someone else. if you don't want to settle for less than the perfect person for you, that's fine, but then you have to accept that you'll most likely be alone (in the romantic/love sense of the word) your entire life.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there are 6,000,000,000+ people in the world. if you think there is one person out there somewhere who is perfect for you (your "soulmate"), what are the chances you'll find that person? more likely is that most people end up settling for someone who is close enough to perfect as they think they'll get. some "settle" more liberally than others.

hell, even if you assume there is one person who is perfect for you in the us, that's still like 250,000,000+ people to sift through.

what i'm getting at is that i think it's nearly impossible for a person to find their "soulmate" (or whatever), and for the feeling to be mutual. accept that and decide what your standards are for settling on someone else. if you don't want to settle for less than the perfect person for you, that's fine, but then you have to accept that you'll most likely be alone (in the romantic/love sense of the word) your entire life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't just have one soulmate. Maybe there are many you could be happy with. Or maybe there are many that are perfect for you in different ways.

MikeNaked
09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too...I wish I was more lonely.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too...I wish I was more lonely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was the question lonely or alone? God knows I'm never alone. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I could really use some alone time.

lucas9000
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't just have one soulmate. Maybe there are many you could be happy with. Or maybe there are many that are perfect for you in different ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you could probably be happy with a certain range of people who are within your parameters for what you'll "settle" for. obviously the wider that range, the more likely you are to find one of those people.

offTopic
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Not any more. I've been in a serious relationship for nearly two years. Three years ago, I'd've voted Yes.

touchfaith
09-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Where is the option for 'undecided'?

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, you could probably be happy with a certain range of people who are within your parameters for what you'll "settle" for. obviously the wider that range, the more likely you are to find one of those people.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe there's no perfect person at all. all there is is a range. yea, it can be wider or tighter. but i think the range of what you'll be happy with is set for you. you can consciously choose to widen it, but you won't be happy.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe there's no perfect person at all. all there is is a range. yea, it can be wider or tighter. but i think the range of what you'll be happy with is set for you. you can consciously choose to widen it, but you won't be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And maybe the range is set, and you've chosen to narrow it, thereby reducing your chance of meeting someone you could be ahppy with. Or maybe you just need to start hanging around those ESL classes...

touchfaith
09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And maybe the range is set, and you've chosen to narrow it, thereby reducing your chance of meeting someone you could be ahppy with. Or maybe you just need to start hanging around those ESL classes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, you've finally gotten to the point were you have to reply to yourself.

asofel
09-28-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its set at an initial place, but (hopefully) changes throughout your life as you grow, change, and learn about yourself and others. Sometimes you have to sacrifice. Sometimes someone else has to for you. But these 'negative' or maybe 'against your own desire' kinds of things return something much stronger in the end.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think its set at an initial place, but (hopefully) changes throughout your life as you grow, change, and learn about yourself and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

An excellent point. Values change.

09-28-2005, 03:04 PM
I'll chip in

The only thing worse then being alone, is having someone and still feeling alone.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll chip in

The only thing worse then being alone, is having someone and still feeling alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good post. You seem much more reasonable than your alter ego. I'm undecided whether to ignore you or not.

WackityWhiz
09-28-2005, 03:07 PM
If my girlfriend doesn't take me back, I might have to re-read that suicide note thread for some ideas /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IndieMatty
09-28-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll chip in

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good statement and true

jakethebake
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm very lonely tonight. I haven't seen my kids in 5 days. I really miss them. Funny how you get used to having certain sounds around you all the time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jason_t
10-23-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very lonely tonight. I haven't seen my kids in 5 days. I really miss them. Funny how you get used to having certain sounds around you all the time. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

utmt40
10-23-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is that you?

jakethebake
10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the op. I just bumped the thread because I'm feeling lonely tonight. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

utmt40
10-23-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the op. I just bumped the thread because I'm feeling lonely tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe you created a gimmick account...

jakethebake
10-23-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the op. I just bumped the thread because I'm feeling lonely tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought maybe you created a gimmick account...

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I was just feeling lonely tonight.

elmo
10-23-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll chip in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a good statement and true

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the greatest girlfriend in the world... it just so happens that she is on the other side of the world studying abroad. Its awful. Not quite what the quote was talking about, but close enough.

elmo
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Though in fairness, any time I'm on page 2 of OOT, I'm prolly pretty lonely.

Sightless
10-23-2005, 11:13 PM
I am a loner, but i am not very lonly most of the time.

diebitter
10-24-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Coincidence!

My kids were away too for a week last week - till Saturday, and by about day 4-5 I was feeling so down I just wanted to sleep and wake up when they got home.

So great when they get home though!

I feel for ya here, Jake.

jokerthief
10-24-2005, 01:02 AM
How can you be lonely when you have the wonderful companionship and fellowship of OOT? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

imported_anacardo
10-24-2005, 01:05 AM
A little, but loneliness rules. For some of us, it's our natural state.

RRRRICK
10-24-2005, 01:07 AM
I think loneliness has little to do with spending lengthy periods of time by yourself.

I live alone and don't have a girlfriend. I have a lot of male friends and spend lots of time out and about.

The time I spend alone I enjoy, but I do feel lonely from time to time