PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Gift

1800GAMBLER
09-28-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm lost. I've never made one year before. Suggestions welcome, anything that isn't the norm of flowers, chocolate etc. SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

DrSavage
09-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Give her the best gift of all: a child's laughter.

Shajen
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
girlfriend or wife?

TheBlueMonster
09-28-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chocolate etc. SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heh hehehehe.

Um, how bout a day long spa treatment for her? Kinda cliche but she'll come home nice and relaxed.....

1800GAMBLER
09-28-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Give her the best gift of all: a child's laughter.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif you have opened a can of worms since i know she'll end up checking my posts.

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no sense of humor so I guess gag gifts are out.

steelcmg
for me and my GFs 2 year i sent her to get a 1 hour massage she loved it.

1800GAMBLER
[ QUOTE ]
girlfriend or wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girlfriend of one year.

Shajen
09-28-2005, 11:52 AM
what's her interests/hobbies/etc?

Standard play for one year is a nice dinner.

However, since you're a baller, I'd go with the insanely expensive dinner followed up by a trip to the spa for her, the next day or something.

diebitter
09-28-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
girlfriend or wife?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girlfriend of one year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's time to become more intimate, and do something neither of you have tried before.

I'm thinking pictures or video, and to add to the excitement, post the pictures/vids on the internet. Not too public mind, just to a smallish forum of peers you respect. Now, let me think where that could be...

STLantny
09-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Look on the net for an expensive hotel, near you w/ a nice restaurant nearby, for a weekend trip, roses on the bed with champagne etc etc.

1800GAMBLER
09-28-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Look on the net for an expensive hotel, near you w/ a nice restaurant nearby, for a weekend trip, roses on the bed with champagne etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the one i'm going to go with. Rose petals, bath, candles, i'll get something small that i can give her at dinner.

FouTight
09-28-2005, 11:59 AM
i don't get this girlfriend anniversary thing...

how do you know when you made that transition from dating to girlfriend anyways? I never really kept track of that stuff. Marriage is one thing, this is just dumb.

(and an excuse for girls to get mad at you if you don't execute properly)

partygirluk
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'll get something small that i can give her at dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are gonna SIIHP?

<font color="white"> Sorry, couldn't resist. </font>

STLantny
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

how do you know when you made that transition from dating to girlfriend anyways? I never really kept track of that stuff. Marriage is one thing, this is just dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tell you when you transistion.

PS jay, appearently paper is the first gift for anniverseries, so have someone make a scrap book of all your pictures togeither, that way you have the sentimental, and the expensive part covered.

steelcmg
09-28-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They tell you when you transistion.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY VERY true

2planka
09-28-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS jay, appearently paper is the first gift for anniverseries, so have someone make a scrap book of all your pictures togeither

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need to find a gay guy to do this for you.

Since I don't know what she likes, I second the gift certificate to a spa: facial, massage, haircut, nails. It's safe and she'll tell her friends about it. Giver her a nice dinner on the actual day.

edit: if this chick really matters to you, fly to San Fran or someplace for a long weekend.

STLantny
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS jay, appearently paper is the first gift for anniverseries, so have someone make a scrap book of all your pictures togeither

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I don't know what she likes, I second the gift certificate to a spa: facial, massage, haircut, nails. It's safe and she'll tell her friends about it. Giver her a nice dinner on the actual day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, theres gotta be some kind of chick store that will do this for you, but make sure you tell her you did it yourself heh. All nice hotels should have a spa, just make sure they have a bar with a big screen, so you got something to do.

09-28-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Um, how bout a day long spa treatment for her?

[/ QUOTE ] I always wanted a guy to do that for me...even better if you can do a spa day together...very relaxing and she'll be treated really well

09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this is also a winner...decorate the room before she goes in if you can...rose petals, maybe music...

Los Feliz Slim
09-28-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'll get something small that i can give her at dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are gonna SIIHP?

<font color="white"> Sorry, couldn't resist. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

OtisTheMarsupial
09-28-2005, 01:08 PM
You're getting a bunch of the SOS responses. Sure, these are nice gifts, but if you're going to the trouble to think about this ahead of time and do something extra nice, why don't you give her something really sentimental?

Like, write her a love letter.
Or give her jewelry engraved with a love poem/ quote/ anniversary date.
I like the scrapbook idea, but not if you pay someone else to do it, you have to do it yourself.

Of course, it's nice to pair this with a dinner, concert tickets, couples' massage... all those normal gifts. But Make it more romantic and special. It's a BIG day.

bobman0330
09-28-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm lost. I've never made one year before. Suggestions welcome, anything that isn't the norm of flowers, chocolate etc. SIIHP isn't funny, so don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Step 1: Music box. Tschaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers.
Step 2: ...I'll let others elaborate.

09-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Paris. Or some small gift you have made by yourself.. girls like those things like bracelet with some pearls.

Lawrence Ng
09-28-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should just spend good quality time with her that day and rekindle on how awesome your first year has been with her. A simple dinner and perhaps some social dancing afterwards is all I recommend.

Lawrence

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should just spend good quality time with her that day and rekindle on how awesome your first year has been with her. A simple dinner and perhaps some social dancing afterwards is all I recommend.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

What a disappointment. I was sure Lawrence was going to recommend getting her a hooker.

Richie Rich
09-28-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend of one year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if you need to ask the OOT crowd for anniversary gift ideas, with full knowledge that she reads your posts, then you aren't the brightest crayon in the box. But you already knew that.

Richie Rich
09-28-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouldn't have a problem doing it himself. (http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~pn25/bruisergrotto.jpg)

bravos1
09-28-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS jay, appearently paper is the first gift for anniverseries, so have someone make a scrap book of all your pictures togeither, that way you have the sentimental, and the expensive part covered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's what that means.. I thought it meant that I could just slip her a c-note and call it a day?

TStoneMBD
09-28-2005, 09:56 PM
take this with a grain of salt as i have no long term relationship experience, but it might be a good idea to start the day off by giving her a nice gift like a beautiful bracelet/necklace or something. if youre going to take her out to all these beautiful places she might get the idea that youre going to give her a ring and giving her a bracelet/necklace pretty much tells her thats not happening today.

KaneKungFu123
09-28-2005, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jewerly.

1800GAMBLER
09-28-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend of one year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, if you need to ask the OOT crowd for anniversary gift ideas, with full knowledge that she reads your posts, then you aren't the brightest crayon in the box. But you already knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

She doesn't get a connection for another week, after that she wont mind. Thanks for contributing nothing to the thread again.

P.s. my $10k freeze out offer with you still stands.

KaneKungFu123
09-28-2005, 10:47 PM
bruzer looks alot older in his nepal pics, like hes pushing 30.