PDA

View Full Version : Pacific gave me $5 "free"

Alchemist
09-28-2005, 11:45 AM
So I deleted Pacific's software from my computer months ago because it's so horrible, but I just got an email saying they've given me $5 free in my account, with all of 2 days to take action before it's taken away.

What's my best course of action?

o Dl the software again, play with the $5 in order to try and get it up to their minimum withdrawal amount (which is?) and cash out

o Deposit $100, withdraw $105 (probably not allowed)

o Give Pacific the finger

The only T&C they included in the email was that it had to be used by 6pm Sept 30.

BigBiceps
09-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Just forget the $5, Pacific is horrible.

I have a $100 bonus sitting there, that I am just going to let expire.

I don't really have anything positive to say about their software.

Hoopster81
09-28-2005, 12:54 PM
How can you guys hate on Pacific so hard? So the software sucks -- so what? The players are SO bad! My PTBB/100 is 3x my normal at Pacific.

pacific4ever

Deathbear
09-28-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you guys hate on Pacific so hard? So the software sucks -- so what? The players are SO bad! My PTBB/100 is 3x my normal at Pacific.

pacific4ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Only being able to play at one table at a time = NO

BigBiceps
09-28-2005, 03:16 PM
Why does Pacific suck? ...

1) software is very slow
2) rake is larger than any other site I am aware of (and they don't publish it anywhere on their webpage)
3) the software has alot of bugs
4) you can't get hand histories easily
5) the lobby numbers are all incorrect / outdated
6) it takes 5 days to cashout for no good reason
7) you can only play 1 table at a time
8) the cards are too small
9) it is hard to navigate between windows, you can't look at another game or other windows if you are in a game
10) it takes forever to clear the bonus at low limits

I am sure there are at least another 10 reasons why they suck, but isn't that enough?

09-28-2005, 03:26 PM
got my $5, downloaded the software, sat down at NL table, remembered why i hate the site, went all in first hand with 93o, lost, signed out, uninstalled software, made a note never to forget again why i hate it.....

at least someone is gonna get the $5 rather than it go back to the site.

Alchemist
09-28-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
got my $5, downloaded the software, sat down at NL table, remembered why i hate the site, went all in first hand with 93o, lost, signed out, uninstalled software, made a note never to forget again why i hate it.....

at least someone is gonna get the $5 rather than it go back to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much what I did, expect pushed with semi-decent hands. Got it up to $7. Then went all-in PF with AT vs AK and KQ (short stack). Board: 6622Q. Heh, left me with $2.
Then went all-in with AKs. Board: 7645Q Other guy has A3.
No wonder I hate hold'em.

Stork
09-28-2005, 11:06 PM
I just cashed out the 5 bucks.

afk
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just cashed out the 5 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's bonus money, I don't think the cashout will go through, will it? Anywho, I got the 5 bucks too.

Notorious G.O.B.
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
Who cares, you can play at other sites at the same time. London Poker Club had the best games in history before they started letting people multitable.

StacysMom
09-29-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
got my $5, downloaded the software, sat down at NL table, remembered why i hate the site, went all in first hand with 93o, lost, signed out, uninstalled software, made a note never to forget again why i hate it.....

at least someone is gonna get the $5 rather than it go back to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, my first hand was 93o too! Post UTG, push 5.35 all in, got 2 callers and won with 2 pair. waited a few hands, push with T7s, get one caller, win, UTG agian A3o, push, get 2 callers and win. Start 5.35, End 28.84. Duration 1 round of blinds, thanks Pacific!

BarronVangorToth
09-29-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
got my $5, downloaded the software, sat down at NL table, remembered why i hate the site, went all in first hand with 93o, lost, signed out, uninstalled software, made a note never to forget again why i hate it.....

at least someone is gonna get the $5 rather than it go back to the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch, they'll go after you for chip-dumping...

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Armand_Tamzarian
09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
I got the free $5 up to around $200. Does anyone know if they're going to let me cash this out?

BigBiceps
09-29-2005, 12:48 PM
How many hours did that take¿

Armand_Tamzarian
09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Not sure, a few anyway, has dropped down to $120 now so i'm going to try and cashout

timprov
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
They gave me $10. I must be better than all of you.

Bradyams
09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They gave me $10. I must be better than all of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
lucky, i want free 10bucks. actually, i care so little i got 5 bucks and i probably wont even log on to pacific to get it. pacific is a disease

09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
They gave me $10. I must be better than all of you.

UATrewqaz
09-29-2005, 10:03 PM
I got $10 free today too, I turned it into $24 or so and have attempted to cash out hte full amount.

Apparently the "requirements" are 20x wager the amount of the bonus, thus you have to wager $200 to cash out hte $10 (Pacific has gay down to a science apparently).

I'm not sure if they'll give me the $14 I won or give me nothing or give me the full $24.

I hear several people have successfully just cahsed out the initial $10, which wouldn't surprise me considering how bad the Pacific software is.

jhall23
09-29-2005, 10:53 PM
And I'm done. Tried to luck box it up with a 50xbb stack at a 10 NL table. Got it in on a Flush + Gutshot draw on the flop. Hit my king but it made somebone's OESD.

Had like 35% equity in a 5 way pot. Man I could have been rolliing if I hit my hand /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks Pacific. See you again in a year!

beernutz
09-30-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They gave me $10. I must be better than all of you.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got the $10 offer too but check out how long they gave me to claim it.