PDA

View Full Version : In case you missed the National Heads-Up Championship....

freekobe
09-28-2005, 10:45 AM
NBC is re-airing the seminfinals (Esfandiari v. Hellmuth; Cloutier v. Ferguson) and finals on Saturday, October 1 at 4PM.

I suspect it will be aired at 4PM all across the country, but probably best to check local listings.

shake
09-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I bought the DVD after the series aired on NBC and the final episode of this show is infinitely better than anything on ESPN or Travel - I thought about sending them the series... Turns out poker on tv doesnt have to be all ex-wife jokes and 99 v. AJ after all

noggindoc
09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
how much was the dvd?

Kevmath
09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
$34.95, according to this site: http://www.customflix.com/207258

TomHimself
09-28-2005, 03:38 PM
someone put the allo the episodes online so i can download /images/graemlins/cool.gif

whiskeytown
09-29-2005, 02:34 AM
No thanks....I heard Phil Hellmuth won.

Interesting enough, I think I heard about that more times from Phil himself then all the other times combined that I saw it on TV, read it in posts, or Cardplayer magazine.

RB

nath
09-29-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting enough, I think I heard about that more times from Phil himself then all the other times combined that I saw it on TV, read it in posts, or Cardplayer magazine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most of the times you read it in Cardplayer were because Phil wrote about it.

I mean, holy crap-- this issue's column was his first since May that WASN'T about the championship. He milked that thing for EIGHT COLUMNS. Talk about phoning it in. (And this issue's column isn't any better: As far as I can tell, he just re-publishes his broadcast commentary from two hands at the WSOP final table.)

Aceshigh7
09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, most of the times you read it in Cardplayer were because Phil wrote about it.

I mean, holy crap-- this issue's column was his first since May that WASN'T about the championship. He milked that thing for EIGHT COLUMNS. Talk about phoning it in. (And this issue's column isn't any better: As far as I can tell, he just re-publishes his broadcast commentary from two hands at the WSOP final table.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right. I agree. Phil dragged that series of articles on way too long. There is nothing new in there that someone who watched the shows would get out of it anyways.

freekobe
09-29-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No thanks....I heard Phil Hellmuth won.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you also won't be watching the the WSOP main event, right?