PDA

View Full Version : Nicolas Cage's Lord of War

Borno
09-28-2005, 10:34 AM
This is an awesome movie. It's very witty, the acting is great, the action is good and there is an excellent plot.

I'm a poli sci major and that increased the enjoyability of my experience.. but the avg. use would clearly like it as well!

hoopsie44
09-28-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an awesome movie. It's very witty, the acting is great, the action is good and there is an excellent plot.

I'm a poli sci major and that increased the enjoyability of my experience.. but the avg. use would clearly like it as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

And being a Poli Sci major makes you above average?

bdk3clash
09-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I thought it was a bit uneven (and cringe-inducing at times) but overall it was an interesting story and a good performance from Cage. Jared Leto as the younger brother and Bridget Moynahan as the wife were pretty good; Eamonn Walker as the African warlord ("Lord of War") was awesome.

I also saw "The Constant Gardener" this past weekend, which was excellent.

SackUp
09-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I was a poli sci major and I thought the movie was meh. The worst part was the retarded message they tried to bring out at the end.

09-28-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The worst part was the retarded message they tried to bring out at the end

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughh, I hate when they do that. Like that stupid end of the world movie where everything freezes, and it turns out to be just a long gloal warming commercial. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Borno
09-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I thought the lesson at the end was interesting. I haven't learned much about underground arms dealers, but I know that US, China, and Russia are amongst the worlds largest arms creators and exporters along with Israel... Maybe the idea of supplying weapons to both sides to create never ending war to create a demand for weapons is true.

coffeecrazy1
09-28-2005, 11:09 AM
That's true, but I much prefer a movie that is about what it is about, rather than trying to make a statement...because I believe it is more powerful to let people come to that statement on their own terms, rather than being preached to.

That said, LoW was very good, and at times, hard to watch.

miajag81
09-28-2005, 12:14 PM
I was not a poli sci major, and have not seen the movie.

Patrick del Poker Grande
09-28-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a good performance from Cage

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never found this phrase anywhere near appropriate. Surely you jest.

Deamon2
09-28-2005, 12:46 PM
I liked the addiction subplot that they brought into it (the brother's addiction to cocaine and cage's addiction to arms dealing).The whole point cage makes about "recreational use" was pretty interesting. Cage doesn't understand how his brother became addicted to cocaine, and looks down on him for it. At the same time, Cage himself goes beyond "recreational" arms dealing and cannot get away from it.

I think the movie got it's point across without having to roll out the "moral" at the end.

MtSmalls
09-28-2005, 03:37 PM
While NC's acting in most flicks is cringe worthy (and I haven't seen this one yet), his performance in Leaving Las Vegas was one of the finest performances I've ever seen...

Benal
09-28-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
While NC's acting in most flicks is cringe worthy (and I haven't seen this one yet), his performance in Leaving Las Vegas was one of the finest performances I've ever seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I believe he won an Oscar for that role...

stabn
09-28-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did we watch the same movie?

stabn
09-28-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He does nic cage like no one else can.

MrFeelNothin
09-28-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds.

Thats about it.

KungFuSandwich
09-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Average movie. The opening credits were awful and the movie was pretty predictable.

It did make me want to by an AK47 though

theben
09-29-2005, 12:19 AM
looks like crap