PDA

View Full Version : OT: Just took an IQ test

Roland32
09-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Well I just took that stupid Tickle IQ test on the internet. Scored 131 which is supposed to mean I am smart. I had some free time so I figured I would look into it a little more. Found a site called High IQ society and apparently you can join there club if you score 126 or higher on one of there tests. I took it and got a 129 so I can join. My question is this, it is $60 to join, is it worth it? By worth it I mean, I am getting laid off and need to find a new job, can I or should I join and throw it on my resume or is that just really stupid? Also, if anyone can help me out with a good sales job in Michigan PM me. TO make this interesting I think I will throw up an IQ question.

09-28-2005, 10:20 AM
:/

Nicholasp27
09-28-2005, 10:20 AM
skip the scam

join MENSA if you want a legit organization...u can qualify by taking a REAL IQ test from them or a psychologist...or by qualifying by doing well enough on certain other tests (GMAT etc)

lorinda
09-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I think you're better off saving the $60 and printing the email that says you were allowed to.

This proves you are smart AND shrewd all at once.

Lori

Nicholasp27
09-28-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're better off saving the $60 and printing the email that says you were allowed to.

This proves you are smart AND shrewd all at once.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

helpmeout
09-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Is having a high IQ gonna transform your poker game? I dont think so, so why is this posted here and not in general forum.

Seems like to much OT fluff gets posted in here.

eastbay
09-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Roland,

I have never heard of anyone not scoring ridiculously high on that Tickle IQ test. It is a scam. It is supposed to make you feel all smart, buttering you up, before extracting money from your pocket. This is the point where something closer to your real IQ is determined.

Don't give any "smart club" a dime, ever.

eastbay

Hornacek
09-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Since its OT anyways, go Michigan. dtown wut wut.

Roland32
09-28-2005, 10:32 AM
The High IQ society was a separate test from that tickle test. Just wanted to clarify that.

microbet
09-28-2005, 10:32 AM
http://members.tripod.com/~tiki_21/gifs1/sucker.gif

Don't be one.

schwza
09-28-2005, 11:06 AM
if i saw that on a resume i would laugh hard.

this is only vaguely related, but my high school friends and i considered founding the "community service theater journalism environentally compassionate patriots club" for our college apps and then just playing basketball like we always did. and we'd all be president.

Freudian
09-28-2005, 11:08 AM
CONGRATUATIONS. YOU ARE THE MILLIONTH VISITOR TO THIS SITE. CALL THIS TOLL FREE NUMBER TO COLLECT YOU CRUISE TO TRINIDAD!*

* special conditions apply

stupidsucker
09-28-2005, 11:17 AM
looking at the poll I can see I am surrounded by smart people and liars. Go figure...

Slim Pickens
09-28-2005, 11:38 AM
For $120 I can get you into Who's Who Among American Elementary School Students. Seriously, keep the $60. If I saw "High IQ Society" on a resume I'd laugh my ass off.

Manque
09-28-2005, 11:40 AM
My intelligence is an 18 which means I can learn level 9 spells and....nevermind, I'm just a huge dork.

pooh74
09-28-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The High IQ society was a separate test from that tickle test. Just wanted to clarify that.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh brother...

TransientR
09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
As others have said, don't pay off this scam, and don't put it on your resume!

Besides, you don't want to become like Sklansky; well into his 50s and still bragging about his SAT/GRE/IQ scores while mature people, and those who understand the limitations of those tests, forget about em once they serve their purpose as entrance exams.

Frank

Indiana
09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Your IQ is what it is, you cannot change it so what is the point of even knowing it or considering the thought? 1 of 2 things will happen to you if you find out your IQ, either you will be really down for life because u think u are dumb or you will score high and be really snooty until you die. Dont give yourself to be really high on yourself, convince yourself that there is no god, and end up killing yourself because u think u are too smart. Just look at Sklansky. Learn from that. I mean, he actually had the gall to say on tv that he WOULD have won a Nobel Prize; if he had only wanted to.

Indy

stupidsucker
09-28-2005, 12:19 PM
This one time. I got a 92 on some test called ASVAB or something..

They offered me into this special group too.

Don't do it! Trust me.

09-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Yep...Mensa is legit...this place sounds like a scam. You can also qualify for Mensa if you scored more than 1240 on your SAT as long as you took it before 1988 (I think). After 1988 they made the test really easy and less like an IQ test.

09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
I had to get my 4 year tested by a psychologist to get her into kindergarten a little early. One of the tests was the WACSEL(sp?) which is a well known IQ test. I asked her about tests in general and one thing she said was that online tests and most self tests are completely worthless. At a minimum they are too narrow to assess anything but beyond that you need someone qualified to give the test and take notes during the test and then understand the results.

09-28-2005, 12:31 PM
"if i saw that on a resume i would laugh hard."

I laugh when I see mensa on a resume...I tell them that my mom joined to meet guys but said it ended up being a horrible mistake.

raptor517
09-28-2005, 12:47 PM
i would imagine they jack up the scores a bit too so more people have to pay 60 bucks to get into the 'society'. holla

fnord_too
09-28-2005, 02:12 PM
There are books with IQ tests, and software tests you can buy. I'm not saying that place is a fraud, and I am certainly not impugning your IQ, but I am remembering a very funny King of the Hill where Peggy took an online IQ test. At any rate, your score should be pretty consistant across all of the tests. If you want to check it's veracity, you could take it again with a different email address and intentionally miss like 30% of the questions and see what it sais.

Roland32
09-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the posts guys. This is great apparently 45% of the posters here are in the top 1% intelligence pool. LIARS!

Slim Pickens
09-28-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm glad I picked up some company in the 99-and-below bracket.

Rduke55
09-28-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I just took that stupid Tickle IQ test on the internet. Scored 131 which is supposed to mean I am smart. I had some free time so I figured I would look into it a little more. Found a site called High IQ society and apparently you can join there club if you score 126 or higher on one of there tests. I took it and got a 129 so I can join. My question is this, it is $60 to join, is it worth it? By worth it I mean, I am getting laid off and need to find a new job, can I or should I join and throw it on my resume or is that just really stupid? Also, if anyone can help me out with a good sales job in Michigan PM me. TO make this interesting I think I will throw up an IQ question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasnt' there a King of the Hill very similar to this?
IQ tests are worthless once you get above average.

pokerlaw
09-28-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looking at the poll I can see I am surrounded by smart people and liars. Go figure...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha - i like how noone is in the 100-110 range, which is the meatiest part of the IQ bell curve if I remember correctly.

"years later doctors will tell me that I have an IQ of 42 and are what some people call 'mentally retarded'" - Brick Tamarand.

benfranklin
09-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Those online tests are pretty unreliable. I took the Tickle IQ test out of curiosity and my score was about 25 points below my consistant results from real IQ tests, SAT, GRE, etc.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 03:41 PM
After reading your OP and subsequent posts I'm pretty sure the test you took is significantly flawed and that you're IQ likely lies far below.

Funny how these things work, isn't it?

Yugoslav

Roland32
09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading your OP and subsequent posts I'm pretty sure the test you took is significantly flawed and that you're IQ likely lies far below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats mean, I thought you were nicer than that.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats mean, I thought you were nicer than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working on my bad boy image. And by 'bad boy' I mean 'complete dick like Sponger.'

How is it workin' out?

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
09-28-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How is it workin' out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shitty, all of us real assholes see right through you.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How is it workin' out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shitty, all of us real assholes see right through you.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Your IQ must be significantly below the OP's IQ. Hell, you're IQ is probably lower than Forum Bot's!

Bwahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha.

Bwahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha...

Man I crack myself up sometimes.

Yugoslav

bones
09-28-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm working on my bad boy image.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images5.theimagehosting.com/women-dean.jpg (http://www.theimagehosting.com)

From Nerd page (http://www.runleiarun.com/fanfilms/womenaf.html)

Turn-offs: Bad boys

-EV!

pergesu
09-28-2005, 05:12 PM
If you give them the $60 then you're stupid.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn-offs: Bad boys

[/ QUOTE ]

You're just trying to sucker me into finding a chick who has 'bad boys' as a turn-on. But I won't fall for it!

We all know nice guys finish last. And I'm sick of being Mr. Nice Brilliant Genius Hung Like John Holmes guy. From now on it will be Mr. Bad Ass Genius Mother F*cker Hung Like John Holmes guy, or Mr. BAGMFHLJH guy for short.

Why do you think xPuns1her got all the batches.

Yugoslav
Mr. BAGMFHLJH guy

bones
09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Genius

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the one that scored 126 on the IQ test? Were you invited to join the Super Genius Club <font color="white"> for the low, 1 time fee of 59.95 </font>? I didn't think so.

09-28-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Found a site called High IQ society and apparently you can join there club if you score 126 or higher on one of there tests.

[/ QUOTE ]If you misuse "there" on your resume and note your membership in the High IQ society, any prospective employer is going to laugh his ass off.

09-28-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"if i saw that on a resume i would laugh hard."

I laugh when I see mensa on a resume...I tell them that my mom joined to meet guys but said it ended up being a horrible mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]You mean: that's how you were conceived?

09-28-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I wonder: do you believe a higher percentage of those who responded 99 or less or of those who responded 141 or higher?

bawcerelli
09-28-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you misuse "there" on your resume and note your membership in the High IQ society, any prospective employer is going to laugh his ass off.

[/ QUOTE ]

09-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Some of you are over 140, but not almost half. Alot of you are incorrect.
Shooby

FatalError
09-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Wow half of 2+2 is in the top 2% of iq's that makes sense

bones
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow half of 2+2 is in the top 2% of iq's that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a similar post in OOT awhile back regarding SAT scores. Part of it is that you have to consider the sample. The STT forum is full of people who tend to be analytical by nature and have chosen a hobby/vocation where this is put into use on a daily basis.

That and people lie about themselves on the internet, even anonymously.

durron597
09-28-2005, 08:18 PM
This thread was lame until Yugo and bones started posting in it.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

09-28-2005, 08:26 PM
The $60 is the REAL IQ test, pay and you flunk.

09-28-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL, this thread kills me, I was going to just click the 141+ group for s**ts'and'giggles...then I decided to check the results first.

Sure enough, the rest of the forum had the same plan, hehe.

To the OP: Isn't it ironic that you scored high on an intellegence test, and then were about to get stupidly conned out of $60?

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread was lame until Yugo and bones started posting in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's b/c we're Mr. BAGMFHLJH guys.

Yugoslav

bones
09-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Well, there is some good news to all of this. Since you probably gave them an email address to send results to, you'll probably receive a letter similar to this:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear OP

I write in respect of Mr. James OP, an American, who died with his wife and two children in an auto crash in Kara district of my country on 31
October
2004 .I Am barr frank uche,

He was my client and I have been directed by his bank, to search for his next of kin to claim fund belonging to the deceased which has been dormant without any claim either from his family or relatives.This is because the bank could not locate any of his relatives.

The said amount is USD$9.,521.000(NINE Million five hundred and twenty one thousand United States dollars.(Plus interest).

Please indicate in your reply if you are related to the deceased as you are bearing the same surname,or if you would like to work with me in confidence to have this fund transferred to your account as the located next of kin.

As his personal lawyer I can not have this fund transferred to my account hence I contacted you.

This chamber desire absolute confidentiality and professionalism in the handling of this information as all documents will be forwarded to you for this claim.

Please do get back to me as soon as possible stating your position on this matter. You can get back to me on this email;
{deleted}@yahoo.com

Yours Sincerely,
Barr.frank uche(SAN)
Principal Attorney,

[/ QUOTE ]
9 million dollars!!

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Do I get it if I have a sub 130 IQ?

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

*crosses fingers*

Yugoslav

09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
you get the 6 million dollar version.

bones
09-28-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/58/66/1246658-9642fa0bd65a5962.jpg
This is for you sub 130 n00bs.

ilya
09-28-2005, 09:41 PM
My IQ is only like 90 but I drink a brain shake every morning and two on Sundasy.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://photos.photosig.com/photos/58/66/1246658-9642fa0bd65a5962.jpg
This is for you sub 130 n00bs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take it!

Yugoslav
Who is still at work, /images/graemlins/blush.gif.
<font color="white">Unofficial Sim Date Champion of the World</font>

09-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Yuck, brain shake?

I prefer vanilla.

Dave D
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep...Mensa is legit...this place sounds like a scam. You can also qualify for Mensa if you scored more than 1240 on your SAT as long as you took it before 1988 (I think). After 1988 they made the test really easy and less like an IQ test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not "really easy", just scaled so more than 1 kid a year gets a 1600. It makes sense IMHO, b/c for a test to say that 1 kid (or 5) every year is THE smartest kid in the US is rediculous, no way a test could measure that. It's more about ranking you compared to everyone else.

I like how they make it less like an IQ test, it rewards people who study for it (yes learn tricks, but you're still studying, you're setting a goal for yourself and still teaching yourself something).

ebaudry
09-29-2005, 01:53 AM
I think the distribution of scores is the best part of this whole thread. Lots of truth floating around /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bjb23
09-29-2005, 02:12 AM
fwiw, i just took the test with completely random answers just for fun. i scored a 99. this is a score that is far above retarded.

this site is rigged!!! (i know, i know. small sample size.) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lorinda
09-29-2005, 02:14 AM
This is fantastic. nh. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori