PDA

View Full Version : Ever done a mistake like this?

09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
So I was about to start up a SNG at PokerStars today while talking to my girlfriend and I register and all. And it finally starts. The usual GL HF etc started in the chat and then the cards. And I am being dealt four cards and I am like, wtf. Talk about throwing away money since I have no experience whatsoever with Omaha. Busted out 8 out 9 with two pair :P

I blamed my girlfriend so she is downstairs now and not talking to me /images/graemlins/smile.gif(not as in downstairs uhum...)

Ever done something like this?

MD2020
09-28-2005, 10:31 AM
I did it once on Party, but I somehow ending up winning the SNG, despite having no idea how to play. I played extremely tight, usually only playing from the blinds early on.

I got a nice chip lead when one of my hands flopped the nut straight, and it held up, and another flop a set of nines that filled up on the river.

After that, I was able to push people around a bit.

I've purposely played a few Omaha SNGs since then, but with no success.

bnorthro
09-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Thought I bought in at a NL tourny and a few hands in tried raising...wtf? No slider or box to enter amount....Turns out it was a Limit game. Ended up winning it, but it was a surprise at first.

Sponger15SB
09-28-2005, 10:35 AM
I do this frequently. I have a +ROI in the times I've done it. I also rock at 7stud SNGs

and, uh... I know what you're thinking. I have nicknamed my penis. Its called the octagon...

09-28-2005, 10:57 AM
This happened to me before I learned Omaha. I entered an MTT and was dealt 4 cards....I thought my computer was broken. Anyways when I stopped kicking my monitor and realized it was Omaha I started trying to learn while playing. This was a bad idea. I think i gave 1/2 my chips away on the first hand I played because there was 2 hearts on the board and I had 3 hearts in my hand. I was yelling, "How the hell is that not a flush!!". Anyways you might be able to guess I didnt finish in the money in this event. Surprise surprise.

DrSavage
09-28-2005, 11:16 AM
My personal best was destroying someone heads up in a triple draw 2-7 cash game on UB only to realize later that it was A-5.

TheBlueMonster
09-28-2005, 11:16 AM
yup, but I ended up winning the Omaha hi/lo tourny I entered. I guess I'm just amazing at everything