PDA

View Full Version : 7 handed 25/50

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 04:12 AM
playing at a really good 7 handed table.

AP 25/50
Seif is a bit on the lag side...in fact he's way too aggro IMO. thoughts on this line?

I raise KcKh UTG, folded to Mark Seif in the Cutoff who 3bets, back to me and I cap.

Flop Th2d3c

I bet, Seif raises, I call

Turn 7s

I bet, Seif raises, I 3bet, Seif caps, I call

River 6h

I check intending to call a bet.

Thoughts?

Edit: this hand sucks but im wondering who doesn't cap preflop. also the flop/turn combo...it was between this and 3bet flop and check-raise if capped... you like?

Brom
09-28-2005, 05:37 AM
I think the line is OK.

The only time I wouldn't cap preflop would be if I was up against a tight opponent, and hoping to gain an extra bet through deception by check-raising somewhere. You are up against a LAG though, so you will get action regardless. Also, people will probably cap more hands against him, so he won't regard your cap as highly as he should.

I guess if you three-bet on the flop, he'll fold any lower pocket pairs (assuming he didn't flop a set). Call with overcards (maybe fold, but he's lag). And sometimes cap, sometimes call with the intention of raising the turn, with hands TT-AA. I don't know which this player is more likely to tend towards. Then it will likely go to only two or three bets on the turn, plus one on the river (depending on what exactly falls). So with this plan you likely save a bet the times you are behind.

I think you are more likely to be ahead of JJ, QQ, or even AK, then you are to be behind AA or TT. This opponent probably has a very wide range of hands, and your KK is a favourite to a good chunk of them.

Once he caps the turn on the actual hand though, I feel you still have to call down. You will probably still win more than 1 time in 15. He may have also capped the turn to take a free river, who knows. Overall I'd say your line gets the most money.

The Truth
09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
hmm. I like preflop.

Flop/turn combo is where its fairly interesting.
Obviously against some opponents it is better to go ahead and 3 bet. Some it is better to call and check raise.

I wasn't real sure what your plan was at this point, but I love calling the flop and donk betting/3betting the turn.

I think against Seif its gold. Some opponents call for different lines. I think you picked the best one here.

To be honest, I might lead the river.

-blake

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I might lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for taking the time to write this out.

why do you lead the river? because seif is such a LAG?

in retrospect he'd probably play AT like this...

results: he checked behind on the river and mucked. MHIG but I can think of only a couple hands that he played properly

rudedog78
09-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Ive played againts Mark Seif before and ive seen him do stuff like this with ATo... I def. lead out river, heck I would probably go for a check raise, he could easily have JJ or QQ. Make him pay.

DeezNutz3
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive played againts Mark Seif before and ive seen him do stuff like this with ATo... I def. lead out river, heck I would probably go for a check raise, he could easily have JJ or QQ. Make him pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it looks like chip spewing to most but I have played many hands online with him and this is how I would play the hand. He loves being laggy.

baronzeus
09-28-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it looks like chip spewing to most but I have played many hands online with him and this is how I would play the hand. He loves being laggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the rest of the line against him?

rudedog78
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
Very well played.

DeezNutz3
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the rest of the line against him?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very good line but I would CR the river. I would prob. 3 bet flop/CR turn but the more I think about it, the more I like your flop/turn against him.

ggbman
09-28-2005, 11:49 PM
Unless he's just a [censored] idiot, i would check/call the river. Damn dude, you're really moving up fast, i remember it was 3/6 like 2 months ago.

baronzeus
09-29-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's just a [censored] idiot, i would check/call the river. Damn dude, you're really moving up fast, i remember it was 3/6 like 2 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

i get bored easily /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh and im pretty lucky so it makes up for bad play

Entity
09-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Beautiful.

How are the higher limit Absolute games?

baronzeus
09-29-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful.

How are the higher limit Absolute games?

[/ QUOTE ]

good when mark seif is playing /images/graemlins/grin.gif

there's actually rarely any going on but when they get going they are decent.

The Truth
09-29-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think going for a check raise on this river is god awful. He capped either to get the free showdown or for value (He knows we're not folding).

He isn't gonna bluff on this river(very often), and he will take his free showdown.

So the question is, do we have the best hand 55-60% of the time here? I am not comfortable folding if he raises a river donkbet. The way the board looked, and hand flowed, it just looked like he wanted the option of a free showdown when he capped it. If you get the check raise to work you are beat >50% of the time.

(I know to cap it costs him the same amount as calling the 3 bet and calling the river, and he would still have the option to raise on the river if he improves. I don't think he thought about it that way. Plus he has the chance it'll go check/bet/raise/reraise when he improves.)

-blake