PDA

View Full Version : I piss on a a donkbettor

DrewOnTilt
09-28-2005, 02:11 AM
There are 2 things that I am really [censored] tired of right now:

1) my 9000 hand bust-even streak, and

2) getting donkbet every time I turn around.

Villain in this hand is your standard issue 2/4 idiot - 49% VPIP, raising way more than he should, and pulling postflop crap like betting down with a gutshot.

My table image is probably not the greatest since my set of Jacks just lost to KTo, and few of my other decent hands have held up.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Alex/Mugaaz
09-28-2005, 02:42 AM
Does it really matter? If you're not going to fold then raising here against a 2/4 player doesn't matter if you're in position. Unless he was bluffing with Ax and an ace comes on the river and he bets again, but by then you should fold anyway. The only other way he'll bet again is if he has the queen AND he hits his kicker on the river to 2p up. I don't think raising here costs almost anything in the long run if you're not going to fold (and since he is a complete idiot I probably wouldnt either, but this pot is small enough to think about it). If he bets the river I think you need to muck it.

KDawgCometh
09-28-2005, 03:47 AM
I don't mind the turn raise, as long as you weren't doing it out of frustration. Personally I'd just call and let him hang himself doing stupid crap.

flopmonster
09-28-2005, 06:26 AM
I call down here...altho I think he prolly picked up a draw here i think theres also a decent chance hes betting the queen...I really dont like the river and I would just call down perplexed

DrewOnTilt
09-28-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the turn raise, as long as you weren't doing it out of frustration. Personally I'd just call and let him hang himself doing stupid crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not frustration. I really felt as if I had the best hand and wanted to get maximum value from it.

That's the name of this game, right? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

callmedonnie
09-28-2005, 12:46 PM
I like this. You might be best, and you trick him into checking river, giving you freedom to check behind.