PDA

View Full Version : AA that i played differently

PokerBob
09-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
I get AA UTG and think for just a moment about limping. But I raise anyway. A guy who thinks he plays well and is likely a small winner in the game CC's after 2 folds. IMO he CC's WAY too much. I have played with him quite a bit. He knows me, but apparently he fears me not. He likes to short stack himself (i.e. buy in for 10 bets). The rest of the players are smart enough to clear out, except BB, who is a big fat fishy retard.

Flop 3 ways: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet MP raises, BB folds, I call.

Turn:7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check........ /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

mscags
09-28-2005, 01:53 AM
I like this play a lot if you are fairly sure that it wont get checked behind. I really like this when it works bc it gets in a good amount of BB, but I want to run my head into the wall when it gets checked behind.

andyfox
09-28-2005, 02:01 AM
"I want to run my head into the wall when it gets checked behind."

But if he checks behind, he ain't got nothin'. Or very little. He likely wouldn't have called a bet anyway. Now he can make something, which won't beat your aces.

mscags
09-28-2005, 02:03 AM
Very good point. Just sucks when they are on a draw or something and get their free card, however IIRC there wasn't a draw happy board.

andyfox
09-28-2005, 02:10 AM
Yeah, the guy raised on a j-6-2 rainbow board.

TaintedRogue
09-28-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Canterbury 15/30 (9 handed)
I get AA UTG and think for just a moment about limping. But I raise anyway. A guy who thinks he plays well and is likely a small winner in the game CC's after 2 folds. IMO he CC's WAY too much. I have played with him quite a bit. He knows me, but apparently he fears me not. He likes to short stack himself (i.e. buy in for 10 bets). The rest of the players are smart enough to clear out, except BB, who is a big fat fishy retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerBob, you make it sound like, that if it weren't for those two players, the rest of the table would fold to your open/raise UTG the vast majority of the time and you could steal blinds from that position, as if you were in the hijack seat. How does that type of "rock-rep" make you money?

[ QUOTE ]
Flop 3 ways: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet MP raises, BB folds, I call.

Turn:7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check........ /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you occassionally make a move UTG with T9s, 98s and decided to play it as such on the turn, acting as if you were ready to give it up?

09-28-2005, 03:18 AM
Do you fold if he 3 bets your turn CR?

Your Mom
09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it.

flawless_victory
09-28-2005, 10:22 AM
given the circumstance this is pretty much the standard play... wierd that you posted this hand... if you dont play it like this often... start. a passive player is only gonna give you so much action on this dry board with a loser... youll prob only get in one raise, the turn maked the most for obvious reasons.

jayheaps
09-28-2005, 10:41 AM
please explain not 3betting the flop.

09-28-2005, 11:03 AM
limping with AA.....BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU!!!!!

bicyclekick
09-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Nah I pound versus the player I think you're talking about on the flop with that hand. If I had AK or something I think your line is a little better cause he's such a pussy when faced with turn preasure and can make lay downs.

Jeffage
09-28-2005, 11:19 AM
On a rainbow board when you're raised here, just call and look to get a checkraise in on the turn. His raise on that flop likely means a pair of jacks and he probably will pay off a checkraise by you figuring you're just another young gun and could easily push AK (or 10's or a bluff) the same way.

Jeff

DcifrThs
09-28-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
limping with AA.....BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
he was considering limping with the intention of 3 betting a raise or capping a raise and a 3 bet back to him to build a pot.

Barron

flawless_victory
09-28-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
please explain not 3betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]i did.

09-28-2005, 11:22 AM
barron, ......come on......I know this, MAN!

it was a joke.

TaintedRogue
09-28-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless there is a neon sign above his head that says:
"I have a set"

I had that happen once several years ago in a 5/10 game at the Taj in Atlantic City when I had QQ, the flop came KQx, I led out, I don't know who else, if anyone was in the pot, it came around to this young guy who raised, I re-raised and his faced just glowed.............and I folded to his 4 bet. Mucked my hand face down, smiled at him and meekly said, "Nice hand. Was it AK or a set?" Well, the young man was so proud, he had to show everyone his pocket kings.
But no, against someone who doesn't light up like a Xmas tree when they have a set, I'm calling.

PokerBob
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PokerBob, you make it sound like, that if it weren't for those two players, the rest of the table would fold to your open/raise UTG the vast majority of the time and you could steal blinds from that position, as if you were in the hijack seat. How does that type of "rock-rep" make you money?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I of course was being an arrogant prick in my OP, as I am wont to do, when I wrote The rest of the players are smart enough to clear out. Your point is a good one, but it makes the assumption that these players consider anything other than the 2 cards that they are holding, i.e. who raised, from what position, etc. I think i would have gotten callers had I turned my hand face-up before i raised. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So, you occassionally make a move UTG with T9s, 98s and decided to play it as such on the turn, acting as if you were ready to give it up?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. these guys call with anything, and are correct to do so if i'm doing this with T9s, etc.

TaintedRogue
09-28-2005, 03:44 PM
So, I correctly read your "arrogance" in your OP and was correct in assuming your weren't a ROCK.......nobody who has been at 2+2 as long as you could possibly be..now, the only question that remains.......will I be able to read you if we ever meet at a table? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif