PDA

View Full Version : Screwed and Chopped = Garbage

Riskwise
09-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Now, this post could be 100% false considering i never really listen to rap. But im from Texas and im pretty sure swisha-house is from houston, cause i remember lil' flip being a local rapper and he is in swisha house. So, im assuming this kind of music has been around a long time cause swisha-house has. Now if you followed all that, what the [censored] is with this "Screwed and Chopped" garbage. I was wondering iTunes and saw Mike Jones had his whole first album "remixed" so that it was "Screwed and Chopped". I thought it might sound cool, but they "Screw and Chop" the song at the worst times, messing up the flow. Does anyone here prefer their music "Screwed and Chopped"? It sounds like its a bad CD being played in a bad CD player driving down a bad gravel road.

ThaSaltCracka
09-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Screwed and chopped music has been around for a while, in fact well over a decade. It was traditionally southern rap CD's that were screwed and chopped up so that those under the influence of codeine cough syrup could grove to some weird ass sounding music. Most of you will remember this syrup from the Three 6 Mafia song, "simpin on some sizurp". Nearly every big artists down south gets a screwed and chopped version of their CD, as this style of music is most popular down south.

The pioneer of this type of music, DJ Screw, died a few years ago after OD'ing on codeine based cough syrup.

miajag81
09-27-2005, 11:51 PM
This is hilarious whether or not it's true.

ThaSaltCracka
09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
and it sucks unless you are really stoned, or high on some other barbituates/opiates.

Riskwise
codeine?

stimulant?

ThaSaltCracka
[ QUOTE ]
This is hilarious whether or not it's true.

[/ QUOTE ]it's totally true, people still do it.

-Skeme-
09-27-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
codeine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Commonly referred to as "lean" by rappers. Ask DJ Screw about it, he'll tell you..

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:57 PM
y'all ain't got [censored] on my purple sprite. hit da lean then pop the candy.

Riskwise
09-27-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
codeine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Commonly referred to as "lean" by rappers. Ask DJ Screw about it, he'll tell you..

[/ QUOTE ]

Another rapper named TSC cleared it all up. So basically the only people that listen to it are the people "sippin' on da syrup" and tools. gotcha.