PDA

View Full Version : 109: A9s 7 Players Huge Blinds

Degen
09-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Somebody tell me why I don't fold this...

***** Hand History for Game 2787440533 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:16131525 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Tuesday, September 27, 23:22:34 EDT 2005
Table Table 15299 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 1: luke412 ( $440 )
Seat 2: ChelseyJade ( $2120 )
Seat 3: mikesellsit ( $2710 )
Seat 4: TheLage ( $1495 )
Seat 7: concreteCarl ( $910 )
Seat 8: typesean ( $1850 )
Seat 10: AllInLuckBot ( $475 )
Trny:16131525 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to TheLage [ 9d Ad ]
TheLage ???

bluefeet
09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
Seat 2: ChelseyJade ( $2120 )
Seat 3: mikesellsit ( $2710 )

You have the perfect stack sizes to your right. While others holding less chips, might have expanded ranges feeling the pinch them selves -- or the fact you're lacking a 4-5k stack'r that can afford to call with "less", these guys are perfect IMO.

Either will be very reluctant to get cripled, still in relatively great shape after folding.

This leaves only 4 - two of which aren't much taller than a BB

Fatdogs12
09-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Well for one next hand you are gonna get stuffed with a 300 chips big blind. That sucks and sucks a lot. Plus of course the SB too. So you are looking at losing 450 chips to put you at 1000 chips which is less than 3 and 1/2 bb.

Do you need more of a reason that this?

Degen
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
ya, 6 players behind me that have yet to act on their hand...plus two shorties adding two elements:

1. Their calling standards are going WAY DOWN as the pot will be laying them an instant 2:1 should they decide to call

and

2. They'll be out soon more than likely and I'll be that much closer to being able to use my slider every other hand

Fatdogs12
09-28-2005, 12:24 AM
yeah I do understand your reasons and they are valid, I mean I think getting called here IS faily possible. If you fold though I just think your chances of placing are gonna be lower. I hate this UTG, I hate this anyway but if you don't act now and then push when u are the button then you will be at about 7.5 bbs (I think).

Hmm... If you do fold however you will still may still have some fold equity on the few guys to your direct right.

I mean you would probably have a better idea of what your chances of placing are if you fold than I do but initially that is what I see.

Do you have any opinions on this hand?

bluefeet
09-28-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...plus two shorties adding two elements:

1. Their calling standards are going WAY DOWN as the pot will be laying them an instant 2:1 should they decide to call

and

2. They'll be out soon more than likely and I'll be that much closer to being able to use my slider every other hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was hesitant to call that situation a detriment rather than being advantagous. For one thing, I really don't think you'll get both in. Certainly 3-way, even against random won't be much fun. But considering a "random hand"'s understanding that they suffer the same challenge - despite the pot odds, should keep at least one of them out.

So, when you DO push...you stand to pick up what could amount to "dead chips" in addition to the blinds. A9s is certainly strong enough to take on their random hand.

And regarding a blind jumping in facing now a ton of chips - I don't know that this will be the case. They might also be inclined to stay away from a multi-push, when even the t400+ puts a decent dent in them here. For the same reason you might wait (your #2 above), so might the others.

I'm still pushing.

Degen
09-28-2005, 12:31 AM
i pushed, they folded...nice result

but i hate it, the second i saw it i hated it

its just a crummy spot, ya i have FE but most of the guys are gonna be all in for the blinds, so pooof, there goes that...i have to wait for them to bust

Scuba's got me all tight passive late lol so i don't know what to do in these spots, i hate losing my FE but man, this just plain stinks

Fatdogs12
09-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I know the feeling exactly. Not that the situation is the same but I had a coach here on two plus two and he's a fairly aggressive player, however some of the advice I got got me playing real conservo in the mean time.

It makes sense to me though because my fundamental way of approaching the game was different and situations like these would be real difficult to deal with.

I mean I guess u could fold it but I think it would be real ugly. My philosophy is that I would rather go out swinging than go out getting swung at (that refers to close difficult decisions, it's not an all out sanction to go crazy).

09-28-2005, 02:47 AM
Push

Degen
09-28-2005, 03:31 AM
lol

so you ARE a 2+2er nh

post more dude, ur a good player...we could use you in here

pooh74
09-28-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i pushed, they folded...nice result

but i hate it, the second i saw it i hated it

its just a crummy spot, ya i have FE but most of the guys are gonna be all in for the blinds, so pooof, there goes that...i have to wait for them to bust

Scuba's got me all tight passive late lol so i don't know what to do in these spots, i hate losing my FE but man, this just plain stinks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd push...but FWIW I think you are on the cusp here as far as push/fold goes.

Lot of players this late...that suks

09-28-2005, 12:54 PM
lol, my only goal in life is to someday be as good as you.

raptor517
09-28-2005, 01:01 PM
MIN RAISE!!!!!! no? ok fine shove. this is sure as hell not even close to a fold. holla

09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
Min raise is very scary to the table in this position. At 109's a min raise at this level in your position with the stack sizes you show will knockout most anything that wouldn't have called your all in anyway. A min raise at this level is always suspicious and usually takes a monster hand or a short stack before anyone will go over the top.

pineapple888
09-28-2005, 06:26 PM
Cause you are playing in a rock garden.

curtains
09-28-2005, 06:57 PM
This should be a clear allin. btw did you check SNGPT before posting? How can there be so many responses without anyone even trying to post the math to a simple push/fold question?

Degen
09-28-2005, 09:27 PM
i actually don't own that

09-29-2005, 12:13 PM
M<5, suited ace, first to act, medium stacks in the blinds. The only thing you hate is getting in this position when its still 7 way. Even Harrington would act like he's thinking about it, then push without thinking. Even if you outlast the 3 people <1k chips, you still don't make any money. Move all in, get called by AQ, get lucky and double up.

Dennis