PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Advice

09-27-2005, 11:23 PM
Hello,

New poster here but I'm not new to this site. I found this site from some 5 year olds post and have been reading it on and off ever since. I don't play poker, but from what I take, you guys are anti the p word here.

one thing I have noticed is you get a wide variety of advice. well, I have a little problem, I'm clueless on how to attack it, and need some suggestions.

my problem:

I'm interested in this woman at work and I have no clue how to go about with things. I've always said I'd never try with a coworker because I've seen it cause problems in the past.

I'm 25 and single and she is the same age and sort of single. shes sort of talking to a past boyfriend right now but everytime I turn around shes pissed off over him. From talking to her, I think she knows hes not right for her as he is a complete [censored] from what she has told me, but hes the safe thing for her. shes one of those women who doesnt like to be single.

She drives me nuts because its hot and cold with her. Sometimes she'll hunt me down just to talk and other times I pass her and all I get is a smile and hello. When we talk, theres usually mild flirting going on, but that could just be our personalities as shes definitely a social butterfly and I'm just a natural flirt.

I'd really like to find out if theres a possibility there for something, but at the same time, I dont want to cross that coworker line if its not there. I've personally witnessed an unwanted advance on her before, and although the guy who did it couldnt carry my car keys, she was very upset over his lame attempt at an advance.

I just see this as something thats worth a risk, but at the same time a very frail situation. I dont directly work with her but I do things for her at times and I see her regularly.

anyone have experience in a similar type situation? anyone have any advice for me?

thanks in advance,
Chris

tonypaladino
09-27-2005, 11:24 PM
http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/thumb_this%20thread%20is%20worthless%20without%20p ics.gif

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Ask her to happy hour. With a group. It's safe, nit really a date. But something might come of it. At least you'll get to talk to her outside work.

09-27-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask her to happy hour. With a group. It's safe, nit really a date. But something might come of it. At least you'll get to talk to her outside work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how I managed to read these posts without an account. I never knew you could view all the posts at once!!!!!

jake, talking to her outside of work isnt the problem. we have talked about hanging out together but it never seems to work out. I have her number but I never called her because I was never sure how to attack it.

she has tried to get me to go to happy hour before and I was unable. she is away from the office the end of this week but we do have plans for next week happy hour. she said it was just me and her so far. not sure how I feel about going solo but theres still plenty of time from now to then for others to jump on board.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know how I managed to read these posts without an account. I never knew you could view all the posts at once!!!!!

jake, talking to her outside of work isnt the problem. we have talked about hanging out together but it never seems to work out. I have her number but I never called her because I was never sure how to attack it.

she has tried to get me to go to happy hour before and I was unable. she is away from the office the end of this week but we do have plans for next week happy hour. she said it was just me and her so far. not sure how I feel about going solo but theres still plenty of time from now to then for others to jump on board.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's already asked you out! What the [censored] is the problem? She gave you her number because she wants to hang out. Just ask her. The only advice you need here is "Sack Up!"

09-27-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.tetongravity.com/usergalleries/albums/userpics/thumb_this%20thread%20is%20worthless%20without%20p ics.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry tony I dont have pictures. she is definitely worth the time i have put in so far though. I'm not a ladies man but I have no problem in the women field. this woman is just different from all the others and this situation is new ground for me.

09-27-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She's already asked you out! What the [censored] is the problem? She gave you her number because she wants to hang out. Just ask her. The only advice you need here is "Sack Up!"

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem isnt asking her to hang out. hell I can do that to any woman, I really dont care. The problem is it's a very delicate situation that I dont want to screw up. I want to show her Im interested while finding out if shes really interested while at the same time not going too far to break that coworker relationship.

if I'd hang out with her in the current situation that Im in, it's going to be just like we are at work, enjoying conversation with each other with some mild flirting mixed in.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the problem isnt asking her to hang out. hell I can do that to any woman, I really dont care. The problem is it's a very delicate situation that I dont want to screw up. I want to show her Im interested while finding out if shes really interested while at the same time not going too far to break that coworker relationship.

if I'd hang out with her in the current situation that Im in, it's going to be just like we are at work, enjoying conversation with each other with some mild flirting mixed in.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's not asking you out because she doesn't like you. Sack Up, Son!!!

09-28-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like pops is on me now...

I still say it's not as easy as you put it. Im the type of guy that women just love. Im not gay, I dont act that way at all, but me and women just always mesh and I dont mean that sexually. I have a ton of women friends, many more than I do male friends. Its not uncommon for me to get asked to hang out by a woman as friends. Im one of those few people out there that just get along with everyone. I hate to sound cocky but I know I have a great personality so people are just naturally drawn to me. so its hard for me to know if someones just drawn to me as friends or is interested in more. to find out, I have to press the issue to get the truth and here, I dont think I can press the issue like I usually do in fear of going too far.

09-28-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like pops is on me now...

I still say it's not as easy as you put it. Im the type of guy that women just love. Im not gay, I dont act that way at all, but me and women just always mesh and I dont mean that sexually. I have a ton of women friends, many more than I do male friends. Its not uncommon for me to get asked to hang out by a woman as friends. Im one of those few people out there that just get along with everyone. I hate to sound cocky but I know I have a great personality so people are just naturally drawn to me. so its hard for me to know if someones just drawn to me as friends or is interested in more. to find out, I have to press the issue to get the truth and here, I dont think I can press the issue like I usually do in fear of going too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Face it, Pops is right.

You = weiner
Her = vag
weiner pounds vag

Yeah, great you can be aquaintences with her forever. Is that what you really want? You can either go for it or sit on your ass. It really doesn't matter, but the fact that you're asking about what to do tells me that you are not going to be content with leaving things the way they are, so go for it. Sack up and pound the vag.

mason55
09-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Get drunk and call her.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk and call her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad idea. Trust me on this one. It always seems like a good idea. It's not.

diebitter
09-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh, Great Odin's Raven, [censored] her [censored] and [censored] her up the [censored], ASAP.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 07:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, Great Odin's Raven, [censored] her [censored] and [censored] her up the [ceonsored], ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much easier just to type [censored] than to type out "[ceonsored]" and misspell it.

ChipWrecked
09-28-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im the type of guy that women just love. Im not gay, I dont act that way at all, but me and women just always mesh and I dont mean that sexually. I have a ton of women friends, many more than I do male friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gay. Just ask her to go shopping.

diebitter
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, Great Odin's Raven, [censored] her [censored] and [censored] her up the [ceonsored], ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much easier just to type [censored] than to type out "[ceonsored]" and misspell it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Go [censoosdsrd] your [sdfsdgf]

09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay pops, today I "Sack Up" and asked her out to lunch. well it wasn't really "sack up" because I knew she'd say yes. Lunch went great, conversation was as usual top notch without a dull moment. I find myself knowing nothing more than I did before though. weve always meshed well so lunch was just the same as an extended conversation at work, lot of talking, lot of laughing, some mild flirting. This wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted to see something different whether good or bad but it was just the same, which still leaves me clueless.

09-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Heres a test:
Are you actually funny? How funny are you really?
If the ratio of laughter to funny is unusually high, that usually means she wants to screw you.

ddubois
09-28-2005, 08:50 PM
"Jane, we get along very well. I would like to take you out on a date." Then shut up and let her talk. Why is this hard?

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
If this gets too difficult, let me know. I'll pass her a note. "Do you like Chris? Yes or no?"

09-28-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this gets too difficult, let me know. I'll pass her a note. "Do you like Chris? Yes or no?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the point, Ima pussy, I give up.

mslif
09-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Dating a co-worker can be a tricky situation. I would not do it if I were you.

zephed
09-28-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

okay pops, today I "Sack Up" and asked her out to lunch. well it wasn't really "sack up" because I knew she'd say yes. Lunch went great, conversation was as usual top notch without a dull moment. I find myself knowing nothing more than I did before though. weve always meshed well so lunch was just the same as an extended conversation at work, lot of talking, lot of laughing, some mild flirting. This wasn't what I was hoping for. I wanted to see something different whether good or bad but it was just the same, which still leaves me clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]
Invite her to your apartment somehow. Make dinner.