PDA

View Full Version : CFB: A Play I'm making this weekend (feel free to rip on me)

MEbenhoe
09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
1 unit on 3 game parlay:

Minnesota -2.5 @ PSU
Clemson -6.5 @ WF
Florida -3.5 @ Alabama

Then 1 unit on each of the above teams.

My thinking, I really like all 3 of these, regardless of the fact they're on the road. PSU is way overrated, Clemson is underrated, and Florida is going to run away with this game IMO. Even if only 2 out of 3 hit, I still break even. Although I'm thinking of loading up more on Minnesota.

09-27-2005, 11:06 PM
If you really like all 3 why not put 2 units on all 3. Then if you hit 2 out 3, + 2 units.

Vince Young
09-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Like Florida, hate Minnesota, no opinion on Clemson. GL

MEbenhoe
09-27-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really like all 3 why not put 2 units on all 3. Then if you hit 2 out 3, + 2 units.

[/ QUOTE ]

because this idea didnt cross my mind until now.... I'll think about it.

MEbenhoe
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hate Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

09-27-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Minn. the most outa your picks, PSU struggled last week and has to sramble late to get a win against NW. Gophers running game wont be stopped easily.

Vince Young
09-27-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]
They're a subpar road team, on the road at a very tough stadium, in a rivalry game. They also do nothing but run the ball, and PSU's run defense is great. I like the under a lot more than I like Penn State, though.

09-28-2005, 12:58 AM
Love Clemson this week, they're playing a real doormat in Wake and they're very underrated after playing two solid programs in BC and Miami down to the wire. And they're playing Wake.....I really think this line is off, can't see Wake keeping this a one score ball game for very long at all.

Florida game is a tricky one. The Alabama defense has been playing pretty solid and we all saw Florida's spread grind to a virtual halt against Tennessee's solid defense. Plus it's Florida's first real test outside the swamp. However, Florida's defense is real good and Urban Meyer never has his teams unprepared, think Florida wins this one by a touchdown. Because of the two solid defenses and Florida's trouble on offense when facing a good defense, you might want to definitely think under on this game

Don't really know enough about PSU or Minny to say

09-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Minnesota just had an emotional OT win at home. Now going on the road and laying points is a perfect setup to lose, even if they are the better team. Remember, these are just 18-20 year old kids.

kyro
09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Minn. the most outa your picks, PSU struggled last week and has to sramble late to get a win against NW. Gophers running game wont be stopped easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they WON. I guess you have to be a PSU fan to know how big this really is. PSU will give Minnesota a run for their money with one of the best D's in the country, and I can guarantee you the stadium will be rocking.

Slacker13
09-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Most of us know parlays are -ev but here is a play i like to make once in a while when i am confident about a game.

I like to take my "key" game and wheel it with 8 other teams.

So I will straight bet team A. And parlay it 8 times.

Team A = Straight Bet
Then...

Parlay:
Team A
Team B

Team A
Team C

Team A
Team D

and so on 8 times.

If you lose team A your screwed but if you even go 3-5 on your pars you make money.

This play compares to Daniel Negranu's when he use to take one day a month and raise every hand. In other words it is not recommended for everyone but is fun to try once in a while.

09-28-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hate Minnesota

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But they WON. I guess you have to be a PSU fan to know how big this really is. PSU will give Minnesota a run for their money with one of the best D's in the country, and I can guarantee you the stadium will be rocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PSU D gave up almost 200 rush yards to NORTHWESTERN.
Minn running game much greater than NW.

MyTurn2Raise
09-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Northwestern has a legitimate 2 way offense that is more difficult to stop than Minnesota. Northwestern runs using spread formations with midirections, counters, quick pitches, and scree-like throws to the outside. Minnesota's offense is based on running and traditional formations. The Nittany Lions do have a great defense; I put them just below Ohio State in the Big10(11). Watch out.

The question in this game,or the deciding factor in my opinion, is how many turnovers will the Penn St. offense commit and what field position will those turnovers give Minnesota.

09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Northwestern has a legitimate 2 way offense that is more difficult to stop than Minnesota. Northwestern runs using spread formations with midirections, counters, quick pitches, and scree-like throws to the outside. Minnesota's offense is based on running and traditional formations. The Nittany Lions do have a great defense; I put them just below Ohio State in the Big10(11). Watch out.

The question in this game,or the deciding factor in my opinion, is how many turnovers will the Penn St. offense commit and what field position will those turnovers give Minnesota.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that PSU turnovers(or lack thereof) will be huge. But it seems like your giving the Minn running game to little credit because they run so much and dont use crazy formations. If Minn rushes for >200 yds, which I think they will, I doubt PSU's offense can compensate.

MyTurn2Raise
09-28-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah...I phrased that poorly. I think Minnesota's run game is very good to great. The problem is I think Penn St. matches up well with their running scheme.

It's not like I'm totally against the pick (my $$$ is not/will not be on Penn St). I just don't see value here.

kyro
09-28-2005, 04:03 PM
until it happens two games in a row, i'm calling fluke. they returned all but one defensive starter and have another LB who i am optimistic will be back soon. They are solid.

MasterShakes
09-28-2005, 05:26 PM
All relatively high profile dogs on the road... this is pretty ugly. The whole parlay + individual play doesn't make much sense. Just lay more on each individual team.

09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
I really like that Clemson play...hard to determine how they will bounce back, but i have a feeling wake forest fans will wish it were basketball season around the start of the 4th quarter.