PDA

View Full Version : Does David Slkansky Have Any Friends?

theBruiser500
09-27-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I started a 150/300 holdem interest list and schneids got on the list. Sklansky arrived and joined the list shortly after. I was sitting playing 80/160 when he walked by. I asked him "how many players would you start a game with?" and he looked at me like "wtf are you talking to me for?" and I repeated myself and he coldly said 3 and walked away.

When he was in the 80 game he had a young black woman sitting behind him who he was explaining poker too. I thought that was interesting.

I introduced myself to him when I was there perhaps 6 months ago and he was cold and said "oh i don't really pay attention to people's names in the forum." Maybe just wasn't his day, who knows. Either way I know he doesn't give a [censored] who I am so meh.

[/ QUOTE ] from here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=349722 7&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all)

In addition to BK's story about Dave being a bad person other people have told me the same thing about him. I am wondering, is he maybe depressed because he doesn't have friends? Or perhaps it the different but related problem of being lonely because he has no girlfriend, the fact that he would give poker lessons to a 'young black woman' lends credence to that idea.

Also, I noticed when I was in Vegas that David looks quite a bit more haggard than the photos on 2+2 books would have you believe (obviously I wasn't presumptious enough to try and have a conversation with the master). Possibly he hasn't gotten any excercise lately because he is too busy pumping out revolutionary theory on poker, Christianity and god. I don't know what to make off all this, but I'm very concerned about Slanksy's health!

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Try posting this in the forum where he posts and he'll probably respond.

theBruiser500
09-27-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter he never responds to my posts in any substantive way, he is off in his own little slansky world

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 09:36 PM
He actually snubbed me in person too recently. I kinda got a kick out of it. Didn't bother me at all. I just thought it was classic David. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kenberman
09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In addition to BK's story about Dave being a bad person other people have told me the same thing about him.

[/ QUOTE ]

DS not caring about who BK is is far different than DS being a bad person. it does make him a bad saleman though.

09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Mat is his only friend.

gildwulf
09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, post this in a place where substantive poker-related discussion occurs. That will go over awesome with the locals.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, post this in a place where substantive poker-related discussion occurs. That will go over awesome with the locals.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wa referring to The Trainwreck.

SpearsBritney
09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd probably grow tired of pretending to be excited to meet every degenerate gambler in Vegas who knows who I am as well.

Snubbing people 100 times a day is probably a lot easier than having to endure 100 instances of uncomfortable small talk.

gildwulf
09-27-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awesome name for the zoo:)

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The zoo is the Internet forum. Trainwreck is SMP.

tonypaladino
09-27-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never head The Trainwreck before, but if he's talking about where DS posts, it might be Sci Math Philosophy, I don't think I've ever seen him post in the zoo.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never head The Trainwreck before, but if he's talking about where DS posts, it might be Sci Math Philosophy, I don't think I've ever seen him post in the zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think patrick coined the term and it's an awesome name imo.

MelK
09-27-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Mat is his only friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't count family as friends (you get to pick your friends)

Providing Playboy-related magazines to your 9 year old kid does probably make you popular though.

On a serious note, not everyone is the life of the party when people are around. David is in a tough spot when his "fans" expect something from him that he does not feel comfortable giving, such as inane pleasantries.

People should leave David alone and focus on bugging Mason. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lucas9000
09-27-2005, 10:05 PM
who gives a [censored] about david sklansky?!?

BusterStacks
Bruiser, you are a pretentious retard who gets mocked even on the internet, traditionally a refuge for those who get mocked in person. Your lameness is unmatched.

wacki
[ QUOTE ]

doesn't matter he never responds to my posts in any substantive way, he is off in his own little slansky world

[/ QUOTE ]

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Bruiser

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People should leave David alone and focus on bugging Mason. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed

lucas9000
09-27-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser, you are a pretentious retard who gets mocked even on the internet, traditionally a refuge for those who get mocked in person. Your lameness is unmatched.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

mmbt0ne
09-27-2005, 10:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh eff that. I said that in the thread Mat started about the new forums, but I can't prove it because he apparently beleted that thread from all existence because I can't find it anywhere.

spamuell
09-27-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh eff that. I said that in the thread Mat started about the new forums, but I can't prove it because he apparently beleted that thread from all existence because I can't find it anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop trying to take credit for Patrick's wit, you plagiarising bastard.

09-27-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't count family as friends (you get to pick your friends)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ok, then no.

mmbt0ne
09-27-2005, 10:15 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

I SWEAR TO GOD THIS IS A CONSPIRACY!!!

MAT RIGGED 2PLUS2!!!!

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he was the first i heard use it. if true, you came up with the prefect name i think.

theBruiser500
09-27-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are the retard not me. "who gets mocked even on the internet" I don't think anyone with an IQ above that of a rock's would dispute the fact that there is a lot more insulting on internet message boards than in person.

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Usually internet insults are baseless and inflamitory whereas there's enough idiocy in your posts to where what get's said to you is often true. Furthermore, I said mocked, not insulted. Somehow you've managed to secure your role as that kid everyone picks on, despite the fact that we can't see you or speak to you. Congratulations?

edit: I dunno dude, to me you are like a big retarded Disney character, minus the redeeming qualities for young children.

PITTM
09-27-2005, 10:56 PM
this is one of the more retarded squabbles of all time. sweet.

rj

afk
09-27-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think he's telling the truth. I distinctly remember him posting that on like the first day of that forum. I laughed ridiculously hard.

Met Knup
09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No I think he's telling the truth. I distinctly remember him posting that on like the first day of that forum. I laughed ridiculously hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Post of interest concerning this dispute (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=2662500&amp;an=0&amp;page=14 #Post2662500)

It seems afk has a good memory about his laughing episodes (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=2662517&amp;page=14&amp;vc=1 )

Ulysses
09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
What with his treks to Nepal and such, Bruiser is surprisingly turning out to be pretty cool.

Prevaricator
09-27-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, I said mocked, not insulted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are all mockings insults?

Certainly not all insults are mockings.

2+2 wannabe
09-27-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

theBruiser500
09-27-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Usually internet insults are baseless and inflamitory whereas there's enough idiocy in your posts to where what get's said to you is often true. Furthermore, I said mocked, not insulted. Somehow you've managed to secure your role as that kid everyone picks on, despite the fact that we can't see you or speak to you. Congratulations?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buster I am friends with Diablo who everyone agrees is the coolest person on this board. Are you friends with him? I don't think so. As far as I can tell, right now I have only one enemy on this forum and that is you. It's a little weird that you'd come out of the blue with such strong feelings about me either way, we've never really talked on this forum before. But that's cool if you want to be enemies with me that is fine, it's kind of fun.

A good litmus test for a moron is whether they bring bullshit semantics into arguments, and you passed! You are a moron! The difference between mocked and insulted isn't a big one, and in this context it is practically meaningless. And yeah people do pick on me, I secured that role many years ago my friend. That is okay, that is who I am, my personality induces it for whatever reason. Thanks for your congradulations.

mikech
09-27-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser, you are a pretentious retard ... Your lameness is unmatched.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, bruiser comes across as the least pretentious person in the world.

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:18 PM
wow, this keeps getting better. your argument for being cool is that you are friends with diablo? are you sure you aren't 10 years old?

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser, you are a pretentious retard ... Your lameness is unmatched.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, bruiser comes across as the least pretentious person in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so correct.

kurosh
09-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Bruiser is very weird, but not a bad a guy. BusterStacks is a grade A douchebag.

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:23 PM
yeah, and you ride a flying carpet.

kurosh
09-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Jealous? I can fly motherfucker.

theBruiser500
09-27-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this keeps getting better. your argument for being cool is that you are friends with diablo? are you sure you aren't 10 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the man buster, i can't argue with you. give me my F for logic class now.

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:27 PM
I see the intent with your post, but you obviously realize that you coming to his defense doesn't exactly help his case...

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're the man buster, i can't argue with you. give me my F for logic class now.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can argue with me all you want, you just can't win.

jakethebake
09-27-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you two cook this little fight up as a joke?

kurosh
I was merely stating my opinion.

1800GAMBLER
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's obviously time for a HU poker batttle. Go join bruiser at 50/100 NL Buster.

HopeydaFish
09-27-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser is very weird, but not a bad a guy. BusterStacks is a grade A douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

BusterStacks
09-27-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It's obviously time for a HU poker batttle. Go join bruiser at 50/100 NL Buster.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too high for me. Furthmore NL is not my game.

andyfox
09-28-2005, 12:11 AM
Pleasantries don't have to be inane.

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 12:16 AM
wow, awesome thread. really.

captZEEbo1
09-28-2005, 12:21 AM
uhhh I think bruiser was using friends with el diablo in a pseudo-sarcastic way, or I hope so at least /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And I agree, I'm so sick of internet fights that someone is like "OMG you didn't use a comma, you really ARE the dumbest person alive".

obi---one
09-28-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NotMitch
09-28-2005, 12:45 AM
What the world really needs is a reality show where Sklansky and Bruiser drive across the country in a van solving crimes.

rusellmj
09-28-2005, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably grow tired of pretending to be excited to meet every degenerate gambler in Vegas who knows who I am as well.

Snubbing people 100 times a day is probably a lot easier than having to endure 100 instances of uncomfortable small talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking. I mean WTF? Nobody wants to be "ON" all the time. People yelling out questions and all. "Dude, I was in the SB w/ AJo w/ 3 limpers. WTF do I do?!!?" I can tell you why he was teaching a young, black (any) woman about poker. If I was an expert textpert-noted-authority-celebrity-with-a-cult-following, I sure wouldn't be hanging with a bunch of dudes.

newfant
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the subtle humour in Bruiser's post. He's the only poster I know of that misspells Sklansky's name every time.

As far as getting mocked goes, Bruiser obviously doesn't have a problem with it because he created one of the goofiest match.com profiles I have ever witnessed and let other 2p2ers know about it. Bruiser obviously has a very self-deprecating sense of humour which most here lack and can't comprehend. It's actually kind of charming. In fact, if I were gay, I would let him give me a BJ.

Vish
[ QUOTE ]
edit: I dunno dude, to me you are like a big retarded Disney character, minus the redeeming qualities for young children.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Luv2DriveTT
09-28-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if I were gay, I would let him give me a BJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

DarkForceRising
09-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Was Sklansky attempting to relate to the young black woman through the use of ebonics? I can hear it now...

"So, by calling, that bitch ass trick made a terrible mistake. I'll let other mother fuckers elaborate, yo."

Voltron87
09-28-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Was Sklansky attempting to relate to the young black woman through the use of ebonics? I can hear it now...

"So, by calling, that bitch ass trick made a terrible mistake. I'll let other mother fuckers elaborate, yo."

[/ QUOTE ]

suited connectors be da bomb in multiway pots. thats my word. yo, let me hit that dogg

chuddo
09-28-2005, 01:22 AM
5 stars for the tangential fight.

gildwulf
09-28-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What the world really needs is a reality show where Sklansky and Bruiser drive across the country in a van solving crimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the Sklanksymobile!

This would make a great TV show. And then the car could talk. And it could calculate all kinds of odds, like the odds of the show getting cancelled.

DarkForceRising
09-28-2005, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To the Sklanksymobile!

This would make a great TV show. And then the car could talk. And it could calculate all kinds of odds, like the odds of the show getting cancelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am cracking the [censored] up! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

imported_anacardo
09-28-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, so true.

iMsoLucky0
09-28-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we all know how you love the online bickering.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Subfallen
09-28-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. This owns. HARD.

And imagine, I used to think you sucked.

The Yugoslavian
09-28-2005, 04:32 AM
I ran into him in person in Vegas two weeks ago while at the STTF HUC (single table tournament forum heads up championship) and not only did he seem quite willing to chat, he recognized my 2p2 name. He never reads the forums I post in (STT/OOT) and only recognized it from a very brief appearance I made in a Philo/Math/Science thread.

I was impressed.

On the other hand he was a bit cold to the guy who was with me. I dunno, Sklansky probably was mildly excited he actually recognzied a random 2p2er name and that we both shared a profound appreciation for scrippaz...

Moral of the story: thinking of scrippaz will make anyone smile, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I coould hear them trying to apply odds to suspect's motives to figure out which hand is most likely then arresting people based on which scenario is the highest +EV.

scalf
09-28-2005, 07:14 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif david has always had a multitude of friends in las vegas; un doubtedly; at least starting in the mid seventies...

i think he was honest, and gave his truthfull opinions up-front; and that is a quality admired by many, and a trait that welcomes long-term meaningfull relationships..

he does have a predjudice against keno players tho

gl

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bulldog
09-28-2005, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and 5 more for the OP, 5 for the ebonics, and 5 for the new TV show idea...If Sklansky responds, this will have a shot at TotY!

lucas9000
09-28-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, and you ride a flying carpet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i laughed out loud.

The Truth
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

-blake

The Truth
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I coould hear them trying to apply odds to suspect's motives to figure out which hand is most likely then arresting people based on which scenario is the highest +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

-blake

The Truth
09-28-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

-blake

The Truth
09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

-blake

The Truth
09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Sorry about all that, but this thread turned out to be amazingly funny.

I would like to hear David respond to that thread about his indifference.

-blake

Shajen
09-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Internet fight! Sweet!

http://www.ladysports.com/stories/awesome/2.jpg

09-28-2005, 10:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Internet fight! Sweet!

http://www.ladysports.com/stories/awesome/2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Something tells me you had this in your bookmarks long before this post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
yo, are you back at umass?

MonkeeMan
09-28-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buster I am friends with Diablo who everyone agrees is the coolest person on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. For starters, I think you are cooler. EL D is wiser, but you (like Stuey) are wise in your choice of friends.

jakethebake
09-28-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Buster I am friends with Diablo who everyone agrees is the coolest person on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. For starters, I think you are cooler. EL D is wiser, but you (like Stuey) are wise in your choice of friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it Stuey is a friend of yours?

MonkeeMan
09-28-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I disagree. For starters, I think you are cooler. EL D is wiser, but you (like Stuey) are wise in your choice of friends.

[/ QUOTE ] I take it Stuey is a friend of yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I typing from the hereafter?