PDA

View Full Version : Do you find this to be true or false?

stupidsucker
09-27-2005, 07:21 PM

09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Im assuming that by main player base you mean the donks we all know and love... Im goin to stars if that happens.

stupidsucker
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
I should be more specific, but you pretty much nailed it.

If party were no longer the largest player base by a pretty wide margin they would only be left with their awesome support and great software and so on and so forth.

Is what party does enough? Or are we only there cause everyone else is?

byronkincaid
09-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Easier to 8 table at Party than Stars imo. I often seem to need to click the buttons twice at stars and I can't sit in the same seat there of course.

durron597
09-27-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is what party does enough? Or are we only there cause everyone else is?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Stars' software and support. The only reasons I am even thinking about moving to Party is:

1) Rakeback
2) More Fish than stars

Edit: alright adanthar....

adanthar
09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2) Fish

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only reason to play poker at all /images/graemlins/confused.gif

RikaKazak
09-27-2005, 08:33 PM
pp SUCKS ARSE, but has the most fish=me staying there
when fish leave I leave, but I'm going to fulltilt and getting myself one of those cool jerseys /images/graemlins/smile.gif

axeshigh
09-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Party's software shoots the cards faster than Stars. Do you really want to wait 3 seconds for the river to flip when everyone's all-in? I didn't think so.

09-28-2005, 12:06 AM
If every room had an equal player base, it comes down to software.

I would pick UB over any other site, any day.

09-28-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party's software shoots the cards faster than Stars. Do you really want to wait 3 seconds for the river to flip when everyone's all-in? I didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stand that...

and yea, I'm a Party cuz of the fish and the ease of multitabling any time of the day. It took me 6 minutes to load up 4 Star's tables at 8:30 this morning.

runner4life7
09-28-2005, 03:29 AM
Maybe its just me, but I'm too lazy to learn how to "play poker". I like big blinds fast and I'd like to believe im in the upper tier at the 22s with that so even if some fish leave i can be alright.

Daliman
09-28-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If every room had an equal player base, it comes down to software.

I would pick UB over any other site, any day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The once and future king
09-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I would love to play party but boo hoo for me I cant stand the endless grinding monotony of the pushbot style one must play there. At least the deep stack as Stars alow me to actualy outplay people on the flop now and then.

Yea the non turbos on stars are sloooow, but I am often able to take down a large pot without a showdown. Once on the bubble and ITM any edge you have over the opposition can be leveraged much more than with tables were the blinds are a massive % of your stack and hence FE is your only weapon and all-in the only way to fire the weapon. I have very nice steady numbers at stars and am loath to give them up. In theory I know I could pull down more $ at party but I have to factor in my temprament so in practise I am less certain this is true.

stupidsucker
09-28-2005, 11:21 AM
These resluts were close to what I assumed. More people claimed they would stay then I figured.

lorinda
09-28-2005, 11:24 AM
I think if you had asked this 6 months ago it would have been even more overwhelming.

They are gradually getting better.

FWIW I'd be gone faster than you could say "mini-view"

Lori