PDA

View Full Version : Intimidation Factor

queenhigh
09-27-2005, 06:07 PM
There's this guy on Full Tilt, HappyScrappy12, who, near as I can tell, is just a huge LAG, borderline calling station. But he always has the table covered, so for the few times I played with him, I stayed away from him. I've never seen him build up a stack, but I gotta believe he keeps getting his money in with the worst of it until he's sitting with a few buy ins. But even when he's sitting with 4k at a 1k table, he still makes a lot of absurd calls. Also, he doesn't play particularly long sessions, so he's not just a good player who plays so long that he's always got a lot of chips.

So I really have no idea whether or not this guy is a winning player. But I was wondering if maybe he's on to something. The average Full Tilt 1k player must think that this guy is the greatest NLHE player of all time since he's always sitting with 5k, so maybe they're more or less likely to call big river bets, preflop raises, etc. from him. I'm not sure what kind of advantage, if any, would come from being perceived as crushing a particular game. More action 'cause you'd have to be very LAG to beat a game as much as he appears to be, but less since you don't really want to play many hands with him.

He might just be a cheater, too. He only plays 5/10, and I can't imagine ever having such a good read on someone online that I could call flop raises and big river bets with underpairs.

durrrr
09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
your wrong sir... i play FTP a lot... and i've playd him- next time ask a question: something along the lines of is this guy really bad? If you have further questions about this... and think them out- ill give you a better reply. From your post i'd advise you to stay away from him as he is fairly solid.

captZEEbo1
09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
I had a pretty tough time beating him HU (I don't know who came out on top), but he is definitely solid, I'm almost sure he's a winning player.

captZEEbo1
09-28-2005, 02:42 PM
oh yeah forgot, he plays up to 25/50, though it might be just an ocassional thing