PDA

View Full Version : One other 2001FP Question

adam61
09-27-2005, 05:58 PM
What makes this 20" monitor so popular over 18" options available?

What's a real solid price for one of these shipped, assuming I'm willing to wait up to 4-6 weeks? I'm buying 2 so even a $40 difference adds up.

Lastly, is there a dual monitor stand or anything or do I just sit the 2 next to eachother?

Sorry for the dumb questions just seems like everytime I spend a lot for something I want, someone goes that was stupid such and such was half the price and pretty much the same thing. So I don't wanna drop $1,000 on a 20" Dell to have someone go why didn't you get this 18" TFT it's only $279 shipped and has 1600x1200 native, etc. Thanks!

gila
09-27-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What makes this 20" monitor so popular over 18" options available?

What's a real solid price for one of these shipped, assuming I'm willing to wait up to 4-6 weeks? I'm buying 2 so even a $40 difference adds up.

Lastly, is there a dual monitor stand or anything or do I just sit the 2 next to eachother?

Sorry for the dumb questions just seems like everytime I spend a lot for something I want, someone goes that was stupid such and such was half the price and pretty much the same thing. So I don't wanna drop $1,000 on a 20" Dell to have someone go why didn't you get this 18" TFT it's only $279 shipped and has 1600x1200 native, etc. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you will find anything 18" that has 12X16 res. You can usually find one, every couple weeks or so(check internet forum), for $450 to $500 range. I don't think i've seen them cheaper than that. Also, keep an eye of fatwallet's hot deals.

Among other places (do a search, I just asked this question in the Internet forum a few days ago), here is a link to duel mon. stand. http://www.ergotron.com/3_products/flat_panel/default.asp

TheNoodleMan
09-27-2005, 10:54 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3473450&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1 (link)
get 'em while you can. Mine just arrived today, and I'm in love.

MyMindIsGoing
09-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Do you realy think a monitor that cost that little is good? Paying for junk is stupid, junk should be thrown away, not payed for.

adam61
09-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I ordered 1 of the 2 today, I tried ordering two but it said it was too much for the coupon to apply :P was $506 shipped. Guess I'll wait for another deal to snag the other.

Supersetoy
09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ordered 1 of the 2 today, I tried ordering two but it said it was too much for the coupon to apply :P was $506 shipped. Guess I'll wait for another deal to snag the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried ordering them seperately right? Because with the $60 off coupon it only applies between an order of $500 and $1000.

I wanted to order two, but then I've got to figure out what to do with 3 CRTs. Anyone want a free 16" and 17" CRT? You pay for shipping, I'll send 'em out.

gila
09-28-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You tried ordering them seperately right? Because with the $60 off coupon it only applies between an order of $500 and $1000.

I wanted to order two, but then I've got to figure out what to do with 3 CRTs. Anyone want a free 16" and 17" CRT? You pay for shipping, I'll send 'em out.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, how much do you think it would cost to ship to IN? I have a new desktop computer that I will hook twin 2001's to. But my poor laptop will feel lonely w/o and ext. monitor. Could maybe set that up out in the sunroom.